Derby Snow - Game called off

David

Not bothered by this decision but once again the fans are being taken for mugs. 

Would like to see something introduced where games should be called off by midnight on the day before the game. 

Everyone knew what weather was predicted, everyone knew where the Cardiff fans were travelling from and what time they were setting off.

Football league and police really need to get their acts together.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't like that Derby 'fans' are suggesting that the game is off because of our injury problems - plenty of Cardiff fans doing that, without our own joining in. If that were true, then the Fulham match would have been postponed too.

I doubt the club even get a say in things like this, it will be a decision made by the police.

20 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Why? 

Weve got 3 first choice midfielders unavailable, our top goal scorer misssed the last game and remains a doubt and the other 2 were patched up to face forest 

how many did rowett say were on the treatment table pre forest 11-13 I can't rememeber ....

why wouldn't it be beneficial to give some of the walking wounded more time to recover 

obviously not the reason the game has been called off but hey can't see anything bad in doing so 

i bet Thorne will still be injured

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

You could do a bit of shopping in the westfield .

I’d love to however there’s a massive snow drift in the way. Need a shovel. Can’t even get to Sheffield ? I knew waking up early on a Sunday was a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I doubt the club even get a say in things like this, it will be a decision made by the police.

It won't be the police,they don't decide these things,they just work with the club's decisions.

The club are saying they can't safely get the staff and fans in which is fair enough.Im only 35 minutes away and there is no way I can even get out of my village.

I'm sooooooooo disappointed.

After all, we still had ten first teamers available for selection.

So what if our captain, who signs fit with two broken legs and hasn't missed a match since Adam married Eve* can't play today?

Cardiff are second and rarely lose at Pride Park.

We are on the crest of a slump but still 5th.

Pride park is snowed in.

It's a poor excuse for postponement I reckon!**

*Mr & Mrs Scroggins of Etwall.

** Discerning fans may detect the merest hint of sarcasm in this post!

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It won't be the police,they don't decide these things,they just work with the club's decisions.

The club are saying they can't safely get the staff and fans in which is fair enough.Im only 35 minutes away and there is no way I can even get out of my village.

Pretty sure the police will have input, it's them dealing with the fans outside the ground, not the club.

Not that it really matters.

Just trying to say I doubt the club would just be able to call it off because we have players injured.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Blame deflection. Derbyshire police are bound to be Derby fans, it’s a conspiracy against Cardiff and Warnock.

Seriously, you made the right call with your earlier comment, more so for lunchtime kick off. Away fans of any distance have to leave early, why wait until just over 3 hours before kick off, when the weather forecast is obvious. The football league needs better ruling on bad weather cancellations but they won’t.

Had it been later in the day it may even have been on. Sky getting just desserts here for me.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Pretty sure the police will have input, it's them dealing with the fans outside the ground, not the club.

Not that it really matters.

Just trying to say I doubt the club would just be able to call it off because we have players injured.

They have input but it's the club's decision other than when major disorder etc is expected....

Agreed,it's just the weather causing the issues,I can't believe that anyone thinks otherwise,lol

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Blame deflection. Derbyshire police are bound to be Derby fans, it’s a conspiracy against Cardiff and Warnock.

Seriously, you made the right call with your earlier comment, more so for lunchtime kick off. Away fans of any distance have to leave early, why wait until just over 3 hours before kick off, when the weather forecast is obvious. The football league needs better ruling on bad weather cancellations but they won’t.

Had it been later in the day it may even have been on. Sky getting just desserts here for me.

Thing I don't understand is that the conditions for Fulham were much worse yet that game was never in doubt

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Apparently Gary Rowetts trainers aren't very good in snowy conditions so the club had no choice but to call it off on safety grounds.

So 'in reality' Gary's trainers just aren't good enough for the promotion push?

I did hear that Warnock's Crocs were the 'stand out' footwear of the league.

Archived