Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

10 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

With our injury list and TH suspended and results being decent for us today, I hope we have learned a lesson from the Fulham game and don't try too hard to get the game on tomorrow 

Exactly what I said to my mate earlier... a more cynical club would have allowed the Fulham game to have been postponed too with the form they were in.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Exactly what I said to my mate earlier... a more cynical club would have allowed the Fulham game to have been postponed too with the form they were in.

not sure what clubs can do these days but I know under BC influence the under pitch heating switch would have been mysteriously switched off

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

not sure what clubs can do these days but I know under BC influence the under pitch heating switch would have been mysteriously switched off

We didn't have to bust a gut to clear the snow and ice from the stadium surrounds and footpaths.

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I 100% get where you're coming from but on the other hand if tomorrows game is cancelled then we could have found ourselves with a back log of games at the end of the season. Which wouldn't be helpful if we do make the play-offs. 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

I 100% get where you're coming from but on the other hand if tomorrows game is cancelled then we could have found ourselves with a back log of games at the end of the season. Which wouldn't be helpful if we do make the play-offs. 

Fair point, i'd still rather have the extra game to fit in with a near fully fit squad to choose from.

31 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

With our injury list and TH suspended and results being decent for us today, I hope we have learned a lesson from the Fulham game and don't try too hard to get the game on tomorrow 

I’m sorry Kevin, but I don’t believe the weather was the problem versus Fulham, more so the team selection and formation. Once Palmer came on and we ditched the 6 defensive player set up. We were the better team by far. If we had started on the front foot, I think everyone would have praised all concerned for getting the game on 

13 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I’m sorry Kevin, but I don’t believe the weather was the problem versus Fulham, more so the team selection and formation. Once Palmer came on and we ditched the 6 defensive player set up. We were the better team by far. If we had started on the front foot, I think everyone would have praised all concerned for getting the game on 

Don't be sorry I can see your point of view ,they were on fire though and we were out of sorts regardless of the team selection .

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Was settling in today on way back from Rotherham, got on M1 and feared the worse, then 2 mins later blue skies and nowt.

Its grim up north, a say it’s grim!

Did you just have your “capped sleeve” t-shirt on though @Boycie so that any passing girls could see the sutures of your biceps? ?

Archived