The reality is

robglosta

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, archied said:

answer to the next Roy Mac post ,,,,, it will be rowetts fault we fell away as long as it was macs that we fell away too under him ( saved some going round the houses time there)

Whatever, you've got Rowetts excuses ready for him! :lol:

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I get it. You don't.

Rowett had a squad of experienced players at his disposal. He can play them how he choses, or not. Or not is mainly the way he choses. Although if you'd listened to his early season spiel you'd have thought he knew how to play more than one way. But he doesn't. That is the point.  

I see Bradley Johnson completely disagrees with you. He says in his interview that it is precisely playing different ways as the main thing rowett brings. You are like the old communists roy. You have nothing but insist on sharing it. 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I see Bradley Johnson completely disagrees with you. He says in his interview that it is precisely playing different ways as the main thing rowett brings. You are like the old communists roy. You have nothing but insist on sharing it. 

To be fair,if there's one place that players are going to be candid and honest with their opinions on the manager and his ways,it's going to be rams tv.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whatever, you've got Rowetts excuses ready for him! :lol:

Really ? Your mixing me up with your closed mind un movable approach to all things rowett ,Mac,Martin,etc etc etc ,

you have chosen to totally ignore the parts in my posts where I make it clear that I believe rowett has made some mistakes and shown some inexperience through and since the January window because it doesn’t suit your pigeon hole everybody approach and total refusal to debate anything in a balanced way with open mind or concede that anytime you may ( like all of us do) have got bits wrong ( see your ffp statements ,manger spending restrictions) ,

if we finish the season with crippling injuries and fall out play offs I will try to balance that fact against and alongside my opinion of rowetts performance over the season in exactly the same way I do with Mac or would with any manager come to that ,

if we fall out of them without major injuries I will look at it and form an opinion on rowett based on that scenario 

the above should but won’t tell you why I am happy and able to debate with some who so far have a negative view of rowett and respect their view whilst taking it into account while forming mine , whilst I can’t take anything you say seriously

Rowett can't win with some of you lot. It's seemingly his fault that we are short up top, yet if Winnall hadnt got injured, you'd all be complaining that we have too many strikers, and we should have kept Butterfield rather than swapping him for Winnall!

50 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

Rowett can't win with some of you lot. It's seemingly his fault that we are short up top, yet if Winnall hadnt got injured, you'd all be complaining that we have too many strikers, and we should have kept Butterfield rather than swapping him for Winnall!

It is his fault we are short up top....and it's unlikely the ones who complained about them being sent out were moaning about is being heavy with strikers....

We clearly had a better balance before he tipped them out.

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It is his fault we are short up top....and it's unlikely the ones who complained about them being sent out were moaning about is being heavy with strikers....

We clearly had a better balance before he tipped them out.

Now fairs fair he is no more to blame for us being short up top than Mac was to blame for us being short in defensive midfield position when injuries hampered him ,he went with 3 strikers for one position for the remainder of the season and the youngest got a season ending knee injury , whether you think those strikers were the right ones to choose is a different debate ,,,, would we be blaming him for being short up top if he had not bought Jerome but rather kept Martin, nugent ,Winnall for the 3 players for one spot battle or are we saying that we should have kept 4 strikers for the one spot? Along with the fact we have vyds ,wiemen who can play further up in emergency 

2 hours ago, archied said:

Now fairs fair he is no more to blame for us being short up top than Mac was to blame for us being short in defensive midfield position when injuries hampered him ,he went with 3 strikers for one position for the remainder of the season and the youngest got a season ending knee injury , whether you think those strikers were the right ones to choose is a different debate ,,,, would we be blaming him for being short up top if he had not bought Jerome but rather kept Martin, nugent ,Winnall for the 3 players for one spot battle or are we saying that we should have kept 4 strikers for the one spot? Along with the fact we have vyds ,wiemen who can play further up in emergency 

Agreed that Gary Rowett has had some bad luck and shouldn’t be castigated for that. I suspect part of his thinking might have been eager anticipation at the return of George and Fozzy and the reality’s is those 2 have not been the players they were.

I am in the centre ground on him. He needed to do “something” with the squad in the close season otherwise we ran the risk of simply repeating tried and almost-but-not-quite strategies. I wonder whether his initial tentative plans were derailed on cost grounds and he’s gambled on some older players who in his view represent “value for money“, but who forced him into a tactical rethink.

i wonder this because what’s been served up is in a number of respects the very antithesis of the ideas Gary Rowett was sharing publicly. So something must have changed. Otherwise his actions look very odd.

43 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I am in the centre ground on him. He needed to do “something” with the squad in the close season otherwise we ran the risk of simply repeating tried and almost-but-not-quite strategies. I wonder whether his initial tentative plans were derailed on cost grounds and he’s gambled on some older players who in his view represent “value for money“, but who forced him into a tactical rethink.

i wonder this because what’s been served up is in a number of respects the very antithesis of the ideas Gary Rowett was sharing publicly. So something must have changed. Otherwise his actions look very odd.

Thing is Rowett has put himself in charge of 'changing the squad' bar a bit of help? from Evans. So if it isn't what he'd hoped for he only has himself to blame surely? Thing is, is there any sign of a 'different' Rowett at his previous clubs? Maybe they were more suited to his style of play when he was appointed and then who knows...he's not been anywhere very long has he.

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thing is Rowett has put himself in charge of 'changing the squad' bar a bit of help? from Evans. So if it isn't what he'd hoped for he only has himself to blame surely? Thing is, is there any sign of a 'different' Rowett at his previous clubs? Maybe they were more suited to his style of play when he was appointed and then who knows...he's not been anywhere very long has he.

I was thinking back to his comment over the summer about transfers in being expensive and hence finding better value for money in older players.

l think he shot himself in the foot by moving players on too quickly and only then finding that market conditions meant he couldn’t get the players he wanted. Naivety and poor planning I reckon. So he ended up with an “unplanned” squad. The only signing I recall him pursuing throughout the summer was Lawrence- the rest felt opportunistic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 09:29, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, GR is a young, relatively inexperienced manager with a lot to prove. No question about that. 

11 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Thought the ‘reality is’ count was quite low in his post match. 

That's because 'the reality is',  is his way of spinning the truth. Tonight there was no hiding from the reality. To be fair he genuinely looked and sounded  hurt by that performance. It's a severe test of his managerial skills to turn this slump around.

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That's because 'the reality is',  is his way of spinning the truth. Tonight there was no hiding from the reality. To be fair he genuinely looked and sounded  hurt by that performance. It's a severe test of his managerial skills to turn this slump around.

His media take on it didn't seem to include any self doubt - it wasn't his fault...

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

His media take on it didn't seem to include any self doubt - it wasn't his fault...

Only saw the interview on Sky after the game. First time I've seen him not cocksure though that is hardly surprising after that performance. You're right though he didn't directly accept any blame.

Archived