The reality is

robglosta

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't say they were (although I'm pretty sure both have equalled the 1 goal in last 8 games) but pretending our problems are because we sent Martin out on loan is miles away from the truth in my view and just shows a blinkered view.

Can our problems be down to just one thing then? Or maybe a combination of errors.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, archied said:

To be fair they are excuses/circumstances I am just as happy to grant as having hampered Mac ? I’m more concerned about the run in from here than before this point as injuries before now have been standard fare , we have had a run of 7 / 8 games where we have not won enough games for me that has been a mix of luck evening itself out over a season and some mistakes from rowett and some players also ,,,, coincided is a bit of jiggery pokery by you there kash ,Martin was loaned out BEFORE Winnall sustained a season ending injury so a bit unfair to make it appear otherwise , 

I said coincided archied.....gr opted to send out a contracted striker(plus bent)in favour of a loanee....as I said,gr made his bed.

We are all more concerned with the season from this point in.....let's hope the luck we had earlier in the season returns.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't say they were (although I'm pretty sure both have equalled the 1 goal in last 8 games) but pretending our problems are because we sent Martin out on loan is miles away from the truth in my view and just shows a blinkered view.

Your wasting your time g , Roy has taken the injury to Winnall point and yet again turned it into a who is better or worse than Martin opinion argument , did the same with a ramblur ffp post then when ramblur pointed out that he wasn’t actually saying what Roy turned it into he disappears from the topic , 

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I said coincided archied.....gr opted to send out a contracted striker(plus bent)in favour of a loanee....as I said,gr made his bed.

We are all more concerned with the season from this point in.....let's hope the luck we had earlier in the season returns.

To be fair it was a loaned player that was scoring very well and the two he let go out we’re on very big wages and were either not in scoring form or not playing but that’s a different debate from how many players do we keep on board or can afford to keep on board in case we are unlucky enough to get a season ending injury ,, Mac / derby had the same crap luck with Thorne 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can our problems be down to just one thing then? Or maybe a combination of errors.

Our problems? 

We are sat in the play off positions with 9 games to go having been on the most horrific of runs. 

If you had told me in September this is the sort of problems we would be facing I would have laughed at you.

Now if you are talking about our blip I would say there are a few reasons for it.

1 - we temporarily went back to silly mistakes at the back

2 - we miss any energy in the midfield

3 - too much tinkering 

If you asked me how loaning Martin has affected us it would probably be about number 50 on the list. He doesn't suit the team and has played absolutely no part in its rise or fall.

Now whether Rowett should have built a team around Martin or not is a different argument but your attempt to turn virtually every thread into that argument has become very tiresome. 

6 minutes ago, archied said:

To be fair it was a loaned player that was scoring very well and the two he let go out we’re on very big wages and were either not in scoring form or not playing but that’s a different debate from how many players do we keep on board or can afford to keep on board in case we are unlucky enough to get a season ending injury ,, Mac / derby had the same crap luck with Thorne 

Didn't want to get back on that topic,it's done for now.

But my point is that gr moaned about having too large a squad but trimmed the back up players out of it that's left us short in the midfield and without alternatives up front...

I'd of been quite happy to keep all of our options open and retained a bloated squad this season to get us over the line......garys inexperience and over confidence has hit us here.

This is all for another thread really tho,that's the reality.?

22 hours ago, robglosta said:

Gary said 'the reality is' > 20 times in the latest presser. 

Good effort. 

You should have been at the fans forum, times it by 5 and you'd be somewhere close, even. Mel joined in! But the reality is I really like the bloke, I've heard rams tv is being dumped,he's getting  his own reality tv show 

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Now whether Rowett should have built a team around Martin or not is a different argument but your attempt to turn virtually every thread into that argument has become very tiresome. 

Oh dear, the standard response to anyone questioning Rowett. Playing Martin wouldn't save us and Mac wasn't so great.

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Didn't want to get back on that topic,it's done for now.

But my point is that gr moaned about having too large a squad but trimmed the back up players out of it that's left us short in the midfield and without alternatives up front...

I'd of been quite happy to keep all of our options open and retained a bloated squad this season to get us over the line......garys inexperience and over confidence has hit us here.

This is all for another thread really tho,that's the reality.?

Agree on the midfield issue ,, squad size being cut could be financial pressure as much as rowett inexperience or a mix of both but I honestly don’t know enough to say for sure that said I feel Gary has made some mistakes and shown a bit of inexperience through jan window and since though we probably wouldn’t agree on what those were/are 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear, the standard response to anyone questioning Rowett. Playing Martin wouldn't save us and Mac wasn't so great.

Nobody has even brought Mac not being great into the equation, and is the Martin not saving us statement untrue? He didn’t do owt in our system in the first half and the season and he’s not exactly setting the world alight at reading either. What would have probably saved us is a new young striker instead of Jerome, but Any blip is nothing to do with Martin leaving.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You really don't get it do you?

I am one of the fans that questions Rowett.

When the chips are down his football is awful to watch. When we were doing well and the players were showing more confidence I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad.

Why would I not question whether Martin would save us? I don't think there is any evidence to suggest he would.

I am basing that on the system that Rowett chooses to play, the players he would have around him and the fact that he has done very little in recent seasons.

Try debating them points rather than just assuming he is the answer to all of our problems because he scored and assisted a shed load of goals 3 or 4 seasons ago.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Nobody has even brought Mac not being great into the equation, and is the Martin not saving us statement untrue? He didn’t do owt in our system in the first half and the season and he’s not exactly setting the world alight at reading either. What would have probably saved us is a new young striker instead of Jerome, but Any blip is nothing to do with Martin leaving.

The truth is we have reached second spot and are in the play off positions with no Hughes ,ince ,Bryson ,shackell ,Martin ( hardly figured) ,bent , whatever way you slice it that’s a fair achievement though there are some who give no credit whatsoever for that ,, so by the same token whether we stay in play offs or not will be nothing to do with letting those players go ,won’t matter though we will still hear all the same old stuff about falling away because we let those players go ,,,,, 

answer to the next Roy Mac post ,,,,, it will be rowetts fault we fell away as long as it was macs that we fell away too under him ( saved some going round the houses time there)

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I am basing that on the system that Rowett chooses to play, the players he would have around him and the fact that he has done very little in recent seasons.

I get it. You don't.

Rowett had a squad of experienced players at his disposal. He can play them how he choses, or not. Or not is mainly the way he choses. Although if you'd listened to his early season spiel you'd have thought he knew how to play more than one way. But he doesn't. That is the point.  

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I get it. You don't.

Rowett had a squad of experienced players at his disposal. He can play them how he choses, or not. Or not is mainly the way he choses. Although if you'd listened to his early season spiel you'd have thought he knew how to play more than one way. But he doesn't. That is the point.  

Actually agree with you on the second point.

On the first point, are you on about the same experienced players that McClaren, Clement and Pearson failed to get promoted?

Why would you expect any more from a manager that you clearly don't rate?

You go on about only being able to play one way, haven't once seen you mention that Rowett has transformed a player, that McClaren had to play on the wing to suit his team, into the divisions top scorer?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Actually agree with you on the second point.

On the first point, are you on about the same experienced players that McClaren, Clement and Pearson failed to get promoted?

Why would you expect any more from a manager that you clearly don't rate?

You go on about only being able to play one way, haven't once seen you mention that Rowett has transformed a player, that McClaren had to play on the wing to suit his team, into the divisions top scorer?

Agreed on vydra,but equally we have seen Nugent deteriorate (due to rowett leaving him out of the squad for too long in my opinion), Lawrence fail to develop at all and Palmer appears to be in a similar boat.

Apart from vydra,I don't think any other player is better than before rowett arrived.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Agreed on vydra,but equally we have seen Nugent deteriorate (due to rowett leaving him out of the squad for too long in my opinion), Lawrence fail to develop at all and Palmer appears to be in a similar boat.

Apart from vydra,I don't think any other player is better than before rowett arrived.

Agree re Nugent.

Isn't Palmer coming back from injury? Looked a talent when coming on as an impact sub, thought he was largely anonymous apart from 10 seconds of brilliance in the game he started. 

Carson, Baird, Keogh and Weimann all improved in my opinion, would say only the left backs have got worse. 

Think he feels as though he has to stick by Lawrence as his marquee signing, at the moment can only really think of Palmer who I would start ahead of him but see above point.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agree re Nugent.

Isn't Palmer coming back from injury? Looked a talent when coming on as an impact sub, thought he was largely anonymous apart from 10 seconds of brilliance in the game he started. 

Carson, Baird, Keogh and Weimann all improved in my opinion, would say only the left backs have got worse. 

Think he feels as though he has to stick by Lawrence as his marquee signing, at the moment can only really think of Palmer who I would start ahead of him but see above point.

I didn't mean palmer,I meant jerome...my bad.

Palmer is simply sublime and a joy to watch...hope he starts tomorrow....

Re weimann,he has evolved by default in my opinion in that he is only getting the game time he needed because Russell left....I don't think rowett has improved him as such.

Carson was always good,Baird played well under Mac as did keogh.

A lot of the team would be better if they were just given time on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I didn't mean palmer,I meant jerome...my bad.

Palmer is simply sublime and a joy to watch...hope he starts tomorrow....but he can't do it alone.

I'm not surprised we've not seen Jerome develop yet, he's played 4 games!

52 minutes ago, archied said:

The truth is we have reached second spot and are in the play off positions with no Hughes ,ince ,Bryson ,shackell ,Martin ( hardly figured) ,bent , whatever way you slice it that’s a fair achievement though there are some who give no credit whatsoever for that ,, so by the same token whether we stay in play offs or not will be nothing to do with letting those players go ,won’t matter though we will still hear all the same old stuff about falling away because we let those players go ,,,,, 

answer to the next Roy Mac post ,,,,, it will be rowetts fault we fell away as long as it was macs that we fell away too under him ( saved some going round the houses time there)

Brilliant saved me writing it

Archived