England squad for the Holland & Italy game..

Mr. P

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The incompetence of Gareth Southgate continues as tonight he decides to send out 4 fullbacks....

FA can forget grassroots investment and all that ****, we ain’t going anywhere with this blokes tactical genius

I can't believe the negativity on here for the team and it's manager.

Here we have an up and coming,young and promising new manager and all he gets is criticism.

Now he's not perfect but who are we to question his tactical nous and team selection,what do we know?

We need to give a new manager time to shape his team,it's only his first full season and he hasn't been able to shape it to his design yet,it's not his fault that the formation he chooses to play doesn't suit the players

I blame previous managers for these problems.

Let's give him at least two seasons,changing the manager all the time doesn't get us anywhere.

Can't believe people calling themselves fans if they can't get behind the manager.

Etc,etc,etc.

24 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I can't believe the negativity on here for the team and it's manager.

Here we have an up and coming,young and promising new manager and all he gets is criticism.

Now he's not perfect but who are we to question his tactical nous and team selection,what do we know?

We need to give a new manager time to shape his team,it's only his first full season and he hasn't been able to shape it to his design yet,it's not his fault that the formation he chooses to play doesn't suit the players

I blame previous managers for these problems.

Let's give him at least two seasons,changing the manager all the time doesn't get us anywhere.

Can't believe people calling themselves fans if they can't get behind the manager.

Etc,etc,etc.

Scarily familiar response

I just think it’s a waste having Walker playing as a CB, rather than at wingback.

Also don’t like Ox, Sterling and Lingard all occupying a central position.

I think there are players better suited to those roles, but these guys have been shoehorned into the XI because of their names and who they play for.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I just think it’s a waste having Walker playing as a CB, rather than at wingback.

Also don’t like Ox, Sterling and Lingard all occupying a central position.

I think there are players better suited to those roles, but these guys have been shoehorned into the XI because of their names and who they play for.

Trippier has far better delivery than Walker and is better in possession so can understand why he gets the nod. Walker's speed can be greater used from a deeper starting position too. 

Would rather see a genuine footballer in one of those three midfield births though I agree, but at least we get energy from them.

6 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Trippier has far better delivery than Walker and is better in possession so can understand why he gets the nod. Walker's speed can be greater used from a deeper starting position too. 

Would rather see a genuine footballer in one of those three midfield births though I agree, but at least we get energy from them.

Trippier may have a better delivery from a deeper position, but we aren’t playing with attacking players likely to break into the box and head it.

Walker gets to the byline better, and breaks lines better. Does it countless times for City. I think we’re wasting him at CB, and in that CB role there are also better players suited.

Be interesting to see if Rashford plays when Kane is back.

I like the system, but think we have too many square pegs in round holes.

Archived