Champions League & Europa League Draw

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Bayern should hammer Madrid really, but Real always seem to find a way in this competition (quite often due to the officials).

Nah, Real Madrid are much better than Bayern but the Heynckes factor will make it more competitive than it should be . Madrid have won the last 6 games they have played against Bayern.

Bayern’s forward’s are too old.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Totally agree. Even in the Man City tie they were extremely lucky because Man City were disallowed a clear goal. Man City would have been 2-0 up at half time at that stage and then it’s a totally different game altogether.

I shudder to think that a team with Jordan Henderson as their captain may end up winning the champions league.

This is what I don't like about the Champions League, there is such an element of luck involved with it. It makes me reluctant to categorically say who wins it is the best team in Europe, in a lot of cases it means they dodged all the powerhouses. 

I also find it fishy that Roma was selling tickets for the game before they even announced the draws. 

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

This is what I don't like about the Champions League, there is such an element of luck involved with it. It makes me reluctant to categorically say who wins it is the best team in Europe, in a lot of cases it means they dodged all the powerhouses. 

I also find it fishy that Roma was selling tickets for the game before they even announced the draws. 

Possibly a place holder and a lucky guess, waiting to fill it in with the actual team after the draw. And making it live by accident. I’ve done that before. 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Like a piss-poor Chelsea winning it? 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Nah, Real Madrid are much better than Bayern but the Heynckes factor will make it more competitive than it should be . Madrid have won the last 6 games they have played against Bayern.

Bayern’s forward’s are too old.

Really? Madrid are a poor side this season, Bayern look very strong.

The easiest draw for the victims would have been Madrid in the semis...they could beat them over 2 legs, over a 1 off final game though they won’t stand a chance. 

Bayern have creeped into the semi final without any fuss again...

fingers crosses for a Bayern v Roma final. 

Good old Roma. Those of a certain vintage will remember the European Cup of 84 when Roma played Dundee utd in the semi final. 

Utd won the 1st leg 2-0 and went to Rome full of confidence. A load of dodgy decisions later and Roma won the 2nd leg 3-0. The ref was definitely on the payroll. 

Look at the Roma players giving Jim McLean some stick after the match. For once he showed some restraint but must have been gutted to lose due to ref.

Imagine that happening now. 

Liverpool did for them in the final

2127095418-3.jpg.9b3ce0d737f3326a1dd737783962c3ce.jpg

3 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Good old Roma. Those of a certain vintage will remember the European Cup of 84 when Roma played Dundee utd in the semi final. 

Utd won the 1st leg 2-0 and went to Rome full of confidence. A load of dodgy decisions later and Roma won the 2nd leg 3-0. The ref was definitely on the payroll. 

Look at the Roma players giving Jim McLean some stick after the match. For once he showed some restraint but must have been gutted to lose due to ref.

Imagine that happening now. 

Liverpool did for them in the final

2127095418-3.jpg.9b3ce0d737f3326a1dd737783962c3ce.jpg

Wasn't the final the famous Bruce "bambi legs" grobelaar saving a penalty? :lol:

Archived