Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more...

Yesterday was St George's Day so I tweeted the end of that speech, the words "Cry God for Harry, England and St George". Today, looking ahead to the game, the excellent @Punjabi_Ramsreminded me that just before the finish come the words:

"I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start. The game's afoot"

That is how we need to be from now until the end of the season, straining at the leash and then let off at the beginning to run amok through the opposition. Cardiff shouldn't know what's hit them before it's too late. To move from the Bard to the words of the great Tennyson and his poem Ulysses, that I once declaimed over the ancient battlefield at Troy:

• Though much is taken, much abides; and though
  • We are not now that strength which in old days
  • Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
  • One equal temper of heroic hearts,
  • Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
  • To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

We shall not yield. Come on you Rams!

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

"I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start. The game's afoot"

That is how we need to be from now until the end of the season, straining at the leash and then let off at the beginning to run amok through the opposition.

We tried that on Saturday, but after 15 minutes our lads needed a sit down and a puff on their inhalers.

3 hours ago, Tombo said:

I've got a really good feeling about this one. Absolutely no idea why. But I'm running with it.

It might hurt, but you'll miss all this when the summer comes. Enjoy it because it's nearly done for a few months.

Just got to get work out of the way first... :(

Won't miss a thing. Bring on the World Cup.

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more...

Yesterday was St George's Day so I tweeted the end of that speech, the words "Cry God for Harry, England and St George". Today, looking ahead to the game, the excellent @Punjabi_Ramsreminded me that just before the finish come the words:

That is how we need to be from now until the end of the season, straining at the leash and then let off at the beginning to run amok through the opposition. Cardiff shouldn't know what's hit them before it's too late. To move from the Bard to the words of the great Tennyson and his poem Ulysses, that I once declaimed over the ancient battlefield at Troy:

• Though much is taken, much abides; and though
  • We are not now that strength which in old days
  • Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
  • One equal temper of heroic hearts,
  • Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
  • To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

We shall not yield. Come on you Rams!

I'd love to know what B4 thinks of this :lol:

TBH, I really don't care if we lose the rest of our games 4-0, just as long as we win tonight.  Just so we can royally **** up Cardiff's season, and wipe that smug as **** smirk of Colin's stupid Mrs Doubtfire, old tranny, w***slapped face!!!  If the team & the crowd can't get up for tonight, with all the snidey little comments that have spilled from his ****ish mouth over the past month, then we all might as well pack up giving a toss!!!

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

@Punjabi_Ramsr

Having recently adopted a retired greyhound (lovely dogs, sweet natured,no fuss, lots need a home, so look up the greyhound trust) - I can tell you for sure some of our squad have moved onto the "do I have to get off the sofa for a walk, humph...do I have to get off the sofa for a treat...do I have to go out in the rain.... can't I just lie here being comfy" stage...thing is, he can still shift if wants to, just likes a nice lie down after each sprint.

Carson

Keogh Huddlestone Davies

Wisdom     Ledley     Palmer     Olsson

Vydra                Lawrence

Nugent

I think that would be my team. The movement in that team allows for it to be 3-4-2-1 or 4-4-2 or 4-3-3... 

I think we know Palmer isn't going to start and there goes our mobility in the centre of the park.

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Carson

Keogh Huddlestone Davies

Wisdom     Ledley     Palmer     Olsson

Vydra                Lawrence

Nugent

I think that would be my team. The movement in that team allows for it to be 3-4-2-1 or 4-4-2 or 4-3-3... 

I think we know Palmer isn't going to start and there goes our mobility in the centre of the park.

Wouldn’t mind seeing anya in the left wing back position to be honest but he’s so far out the picture..

Carson

Keogh.    Davies       Forsyth

Wisdom   Huddlestone   Thorne     Olson

Palmer/weiman/vydra         Lawrence

Vydra/weimann

Archived