Rams TV Interview with Bobby Davison

Jayram

28 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Probably the difference between being a player and a fan revel

I guess most of us see work as 'just a job' - means of earning money, having some fun, learning more, doing well, going somewhere else for more money and responsibility - and footballers no different. 

Fans though, are different, not least because we can mostly only do what they do in our dreams

I've scored Derby's winner in many cup finals in my dreams so the players better crack on and make it happen in real life!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/03/2018 at 21:42, Orphanram said:

Bobby was a great player for the rams but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that this interview was not very good.

Just watching it now, great player, and a hero of mine from when I was 12, but he’s got the personality of a wet fish, they say you should never meet your heroes :pinch:

I wouldn't be too hard on him. He was a very good player for us.

In the testimonial for Ted he played up front with deano and it looked like that would have made a great combination. I never understood why he left. his misplaced passion for Leeds might be the answer.

Tbh i'm a bit concerned that he might not be completely well. His mood and personality aren't the bobby i remember. He doesn't seem to remember much. Nuff said.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

In the testimonial for Ted he played up front with deano and it looked like that would have made a great combination. I never understood why he left. his misplaced passion for Leeds might be the answer.

Tbh i'm a bit concerned that he might not be completely well. His mood and personality aren't the bobby i remember. He doesn't seem to remember much. Nuff said.

Know what you mean. Without wanting to sound disrespectful but it did seem he wasn't 100% with it. 

For Ted's testimonial, was there Deano, Bobby and Hector on the pitch? Imagine that.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He told me it was purely down to Derby not offering him a longer term contract and he did say then that he only viewed it as a job, and he was a Leeds United fan ! 

As ive already said I wanted to cry right there and then !

My all time Derby hero might as well have picked up the 11 year old loweman2 and rubbed his face in the dirt ! All that love just thrown aside like a rag doll !

but like that first girlfriend who broke your heart the flame still burns !!

oh bobby bobby !

Part 2 is out.

i feel a bit better after watching that. More like the old bobby. Clearly not best mates with Arthur.

The explanation comes right at the end. 

Oooh bobby bobby.

bobby bobby bobby bobby davison.

He seemed really bitter that he was promised a contract yet it never materialised.

We signed Marco instead.  But he found this out because they shared the same agent. Doh!

We didn’t do bad out of Marco tbh.

He looked a bit put out and upset.  But like he says, it’s only a job.

Tbh i think what really happened was Lionel Pickering demanded that Arthur start spending, so we went from Ormondroyd and Davison on loan to Gabbiadini and kitson in the blink of an eye.

Watched the second install and BD just comes over as being a bit aloof, can’t remember any games, gave Cherry and Barton loads of stick, basically said Ross MacLaren is an alcy, and said it was just a job to him, strange bloke.

Meanwhile, Charlie George seems like great company.

25 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Watched the second install and BD just comes over as being a bit aloof, can’t remember any games, gave Cherry and Barton loads of stick, basically said Ross MacLaren is an alcy, and said it was just a job to him, strange bloke.

Meanwhile, Charlie George seems like great company.

That's the way I saw it too. He seemed intent on contradicting everything Colin Gibson said. Wish I hadn't watched it now as it's tainted my memory of him a little. 

He was brilliant for us, and that’s how he will be remembered by all who saw him play.  

In those days it was “just a job” and didn’t attract the money and glamour that goes with it today . He comes across as a modest bloke who was rather good at his job. 

I’ll never forget him. 

2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

He was brilliant for us, and that’s how he will be remembered by all who saw him play.  

In those days it was “just a job” and didn’t attract the money and glamour that goes with it today . He comes across as a modest bloke who was rather good at his job. 

I’ll never forget him. 

He was on more money than most at the time though, it’s all relative. Although they couldn’t just retire and live of their football earni gs like they can now, I accept that.

3 hours ago, philmycock said:

I think its just dressing room banter. Ribbing.

Archived