Rams TV Interview with Bobby Davison

Jayram

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jayram said:

#RamsTV Meets: Bobby Davison - Catch it on RamsTV from 6pm, #dcfcfans!

This man was and remains my all time Rams hero- really interesting interview well worth a watch.

Mine to.Gave us hope in the darkest of times and then part of a side that took us on a remarkable journey.

What a player.

21 minutes ago, David said:

Quick question @David.

Does it help the forum financially when we click on the links you provide, as opposed to going direct to the OS, or other links, direct?

I only ask as there no longer is an option to donate to your running costs, so would like to contribute in some other way if possible?

21 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Quick question @David.

Does it help the forum financially when we click on the links you provide, as opposed to going direct to the OS, or other links, direct?

I only ask as there no longer is an option to donate to your running costs, so would like to contribute in some other way if possible?

I feel a right plum as I've never really considered the costs. Just naively thought the new advertising might help but to be honest I don't have a clue how these things work. 

I hope David ain't to humble to let us know as I too would happily donate something for this site. Living far out of Derby it's one of my main links with the club. 

But with regards to the Bobby interview, some great old clips on there. Except Plymouth. I hope his memory comes back for part 2 as he was the main man shooting us back up to Div 1 and want him to describe what it was like. 

We've not had a CF like him since Deano. Studger maybe but not the same. 

Every season I think we'd be up if we had another Bobby.

Vydras goal away at Brum was Bobby esque. Lightning quick off the mark, chase the through ball and bang; blasted past the keeper. When Bobby was 1 on 1 with a keeper, there was only 1 outcome. 

And come on, theres not many players known by their first name only. That's how good he was.

Oooh for one more bag of chips on a Wednesday night at the Baseball Chippy before seeing Bobby crash home a hat-trick at the BBG. 

21 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

But with regards to the Bobby interview, some great old clips on there. Except Plymouth. I hope his memory comes back for part 2 as he was the main man shooting us back up to Div 1 and want him to describe what it was like. 

We've not had a CF like him since Deano. Studger maybe but not the same. 

Every season I think we'd be up if we had another Bobby.

Vydras goal away at Brum was Bobby esque. Lightning quick off the mark, chase the through ball and bang; blasted past the keeper. When Bobby was 1 on 1 with a keeper, there was only 1 outcome. 

And come on, theres not many players known by their first name only. That's how good he was.

Oooh for one more bag of chips on a Wednesday night at the Baseball Chippy before seeing Bobby crash home a hat-trick at the BBG. 

I had a season ticket in the Ley Stand and never missed a home game in the 83/84 season. It was a terrible campaign but Bobby always managed to come up with the goods. He got 14 goals that season against the odds and for that and all the joy he subsequently gave us he will always be my Rams hero. I even drew him for my O level art exam in 1984!!! ?

"Oh bobby bobby

bobby bobby bobby bobby Davison"

At one time that was the first thing i said when i woke up..........every day.

That might seem a bit weird

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Quick question @David.

42 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I feel a right plum as I've never really considered the costs. Just naively thought the new advertising might help but to be honest I don't have a clue how these things work. 

I hope David ain't to humble to let us know as I too would happily donate something for this site. Living far out of Derby it's one of my main links with the club. 

The forum running costs are now fully covered through advertisements which the club are now assisting us with, appreciate the thoughts though. We haven’t taken donations for maybe a year or two now.

As for the links it doesn’t help us financially, I just share content I think may be of interest to others that maybe don’t visit the clubs website that often or use other social media platforms. 

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

I know what you mean. Due to the greatness of Bobby, I was expecting the greatest interview since Frost / Nixon. 

It's dispiriting to hear a man you'd have given almost anything to have swopped places with describe being Derbys centre forward as just a job!

Probably the right attitude though, but still.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It's dispiriting to hear a man you'd have given almost anything to have swopped places with describe being Derbys centre forward as just a job!

Did he get back to back promotions in all his other jobs as a player?

I have had the pleasure of meeting Bobby a number of times and he is a top man, however I have to admit to being bought to the point of welling up when he told me that the team he supported was ................ I can still hardly bring myself to say it ......... dirty bloody Leeds !! 

I went up to Bradford to meet up with him one time when he was assistant to Toddy and they let me join in a training session, it was when dean windass was there, Jim Montgomery was about 70 and he was the goalkeeping coach and they all travelled around in a mashed up old ford transit and trained at a local secondary school ! Great day out and a real insight seeing how some teams managed on a shoe string !

Unfortunately bobby was if anything more Leeds than Derby which takes some swallowing given that he scored three time as many goals for us.

i remember the end of season player of the year event at the Assembly rooms after the third division promotion and fans baiting arthur a bit, saying whats all this about bobby davison going to Leeds? Arthur ignored them but bobby did eventually go much later. 

There must have been something going on even then.

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Probably the difference between being a player and a fan revel

I guess most of us see work as 'just a job' - means of earning money, having some fun, learning more, doing well, going somewhere else for more money and responsibility - and footballers no different. 

Fans though, are different, not least because we can mostly only do what they do in our dreams

Archived