Southampton - Mark Hughes

David

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Yes, I like how bearing a league one side is a statement of intent. What, to get into a position where he can play league one sides more often?

I said decent, not exceptional.

Wigan away isn't an easy game as Bournemouth and Man City found out, so 2-0 is a pretty good result.

Nowhere did I suggest it's an indication on how they do in their remaining league games.

40 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Wigan away isn't an easy game as Bournemouth and Man City found out, so 2-0 is a pretty good result.

Nowhere did I suggest it's an indication on how they do in their remaining league games.

Wigan should have been out of sight in the first half

50 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I didn’t watch it either. I just like the way he declared it a ‘statement of intent’. Yeah! We beat that league one side, now we’re in business. Should’ve said something like ‘of course it’s great to start off life with a win, but (no disrespect to Wigan) the real test comes in the league, and securing survival.’

it’s like a new manager winning their first friendly and declaring its job done, we might as well book the open topped bus for when we win the league at the end of the season (this is Southampton remember, not Forest).

Statement of intent my arse. 

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I didn’t watch it either. I just like the way he declared it a ‘statement of intent’. Yeah! We beat that league one side, now we’re in business. Should’ve said something like ‘of course it’s great to start off life with a win, but (no disrespect to Wigan) the real test comes in the league, and securing survival.’

it’s like a new manager winning their first friendly and declaring its job done, we might as well book the open topped bus for when we win the league at the end of the season (this is Southampton remember, not Forest).

Statement of intent my arse. 

Apologies thought you meant I'd suggested it was a statement of intent. Didn't realise Hughes had said it.

Archived