Southampton - Mark Hughes

David

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

That's the Saints and the Baggies, that we'll be seeing at Pride Park next season.

Saints might stay up, don't think the Baggies will though.:lol:

Are you nervously looking over your shoulder at the Football League Championship?

Well here at the Premier League we can provide you and your lucky club one of our tried and tested managers. Whether you're looking for the traditional Sam Allardyce or the steady Paul Lambert. Maybe you're looking for a controversial Tony Pulis? From Alan Pardew to David Moyes, we can provide you with the direct phone number to one of our approved 'survivalists'.

So give us a call. Drop an email. Get your next sacked manager lined up today.  

www.managermerrygoround.co.uk.

We don't use our imagination so you don't have to. 

Terms and conditions apply survival not guaranteed

22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Are you nervously looking over your shoulder at the Football League Championship?

Well here at the Premier League we can provide you and your lucky club one of our tried and tested managers. Whether you're looking for the traditional Sam Allardyce or the steady Paul Lambert. Maybe you're looking for a controversial Tony Pulis? From Alan Pardew to David Moyes, we can provide you with the direct phone number to one of our approved 'survivalists'.

So give us a call. Drop an email. Get your next sacked manager lined up today.  

www.managermerrygoround.co.uk.

We don't use our imagination so you don't have to. 

Terms and conditions apply survival not guaranteed

David Moyes.

Could take both Sunderland and West Ham down, and still have a year left on his original deal at Man Utd.

Yet, he still took Man Utd deeper into the Champions League than either of his replacements!

16 hours ago, Joe. said:

I think Mark Hughes gets more stick than he deserves, took Stoke from the classic Tony pulis hoofball sort to a team that played, or tried to play, football and has had pretty good results

Until this season you’re right.

Think a lot of the negativity around Hughes comes from his attitude, maybe even arrogance. I’d wade in and say that condemns them too, just remember saying Cardiff will go backward appointing Colin, another “character“. 

His style may yet suit them. West Ham away a big game for both teams but more so Southampton as their next 3 are Arsenal (away), Chelsea (home) and Leicester (away). He’s going to need to really get off to a flier.

11 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It’s a decent enough appointment for them 

i did hear the news and the first thought I had was “hasn’t he already managed them..?”

Same here. Was sure it was one of his former clubs.

Bloody hell shows how absolutely spot on @Alpha s post is.

Nailed it, theres a group of about 6 managers probably managed 30 clubs.

Don't over mind Hughes, he's not my cup of tea but they could have done worse.

10 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Same here. Was sure it was one of his former clubs.

Bloody hell shows how absolutely spot on @Alpha s post is.

Nailed it, theres a group of about 6 managers probably managed 30 clubs.

Don't over mind Hughes, he's not my cup of tea but they could have done worse.

Played for them for a couple of years in the late 90s. 

Southampton used to have a policy of having a few players in the twilight of their careers.

Jimmy case, Stuart Ripley,  keegan, sparky, grobelaar etc........

Nowadays that policy looks like us!!:lol:

Not a comment or judgement on Hughes per se but  I wonder if this signals a move away from the model/building process adopted successfully three or four years ago when they brought through a good crop of players and were flirting with the top four to six. 

There have been a lot of changes behind the scenes at Southampton recently and I just wonder if this appointment demontrates a change in ethos moving forward. 

I suppose there is only so long you can tolerate all your best first teamers being plundered by Spurs and Liverpool...

Archived