Moaninho

Alph

Makes me smile when we had to play them unknown kids Hughes and Hendrick in midfield because Derby had a massive injury list. Funnily enough they are our two best players of the last 5 years. Amazing what you can do when playing academy players. It’s either sink or swim for the young lads. It’s a risk but managers don’t give them a fair chance. Especially Mourinho. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jose Mourinho has launched a 12-minute defence of his record after Manchester United's Champions League elimination by Sevilla on Tuesday.

Mourinho compared his own achievements to United's in the last seven years - since the club last appeared in the Champions League final.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11292412/jose-mourinhos-defence-full-transcript-from-man-utd-manager?utm_source=google.co.uk&utm_medium=referral

Moaninho is yesterday's man.

His  tactic are out of date. He is dinosaur unable and unwilling to adapt or change.

He is stubborn in the fact and false believe he is always right.

Football has moved on and I am afraid eventually so will he from Man Utd. 

Moaninho  answer to the current problem, is the players aren't good enough so we need to get rid and buy ever more expensive ones. 

One more season without winning a major trophy i.e. The Premiership or Champions League.  Will lead to enormous pressure from Glazers for change. United cannot sustain their position as one of wealthiest clubs in world without sustained major silverware.   

At everyone one his previous clubs he as shelf life of maybe two to three years, before troubles begin and he leaves. It appears to be a repeating cycle.

I wish SkySports News would stop indulging him. He’s at the biggest club in the country, being paid a fortune for the privilege but still has a face like a smacked arse. He looks like he’s having a gun pointed to his head in his press conferences. 

He is dining on past glories in my opinion and as has been pointed out, the United owners are going to want to see success for their investment, particularly if City carry on the way they are.

The question is, will his vanity and self indulgence make him jump before he is pushed, or will he hang around for the pay off ? He’s down to his last 50 million by all accounts. 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I wish SkySports News would stop indulging him. He’s at the biggest club in the country, being paid a fortune for the privilege but still has a face like a smacked arse. He looks like he’s having a gun pointed to his head in his press conferences. 

He is dining on past glories in my opinion and as has been pointed out, the United owners are going to want to see success for their investment, particularly if City carry on the way they are.

The question is, will his vanity and self indulgence make him jump before he is pushed, or will he hang around for the pay off ? He’s down to his last 50 million by all accounts. 

Plenty of valid points and terrible character flaws. 

But blimey his daughters a bit fit.........salivate..........

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

6 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Jose Mourinho has launched a 12-minute defence of his record after Manchester United's Champions League elimination by Sevilla on Tuesday.

Mourinho compared his own achievements to United's in the last seven years - since the club last appeared in the Champions League final.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11292412/jose-mourinhos-defence-full-transcript-from-man-utd-manager?utm_source=google.co.uk&utm_medium=referral

I like how he had a little list to provide that he’s done no worse than previous managers in at United in the last 10 years. 

Well that’s okay then. We’d really like to win the champions league, but thanks for bringing us back down to earth and reminding us that the quarter finals is as it good as yet gets for us, any more and we’re punching above our weight. It’s not like we’re manchester United or anything. We should just feel grateful to be sat at the same table as the mighty Sevilla. 

...is what I’d be saying if I was a united fan. But I’m not, so I’ll just say, ‘lololololololol’

46 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43431205

He continued on with another rant after the 12-minute rant. Got to admit, I enjoyed it, and thought he made a lot of sense. People who vastly underestimated Sevilla are same ones who doesn't know anything outside the Premier League.

The woman at the end had me cracking up.

To be fair to the bloke outside of guardiola (who hasn't exactly been at struggling poor clubs either)

Hes at least the second greatest manager of this generation.

I'm amazed at how many football geniuses who have won sod all are ready to have a go. He's every right to be arrogant. He's won everything the game has to offer multiple times.

Koeman, now there's an arrogant price of garbage with no right to be.

Mourinho up against anything but guardiola with a bottomless pit and he wins the league at a canter.

He's unfortunate to come up against s freak manager putting together a one off team of pure brilliance.

So many experts having a pop at him, put your medals on the table alongside his or shut up.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43431205

He continued on with another rant after the 12-minute rant. Got to admit, I enjoyed it, and thought he made a lot of sense. People who vastly underestimated Sevilla are same ones who doesn't know anything outside the Premier League.

Just listening the second part, thought he talked more sense about the quality of the opposition than in his first 12 minute rant. Sevilla are no mugs, despite what the press want to portray, any journalist with half a brain should know that. Its not even the equivalent of underestimating Spurs on a good day, as Jose was right to point out Sevilla have won trophies and taken plenty of scalps.

I don't think there's shame in losing.

It's his reaction. He clearly thinks there's shame there or he wouldn't spend energy trying to distance himself from the defeat would he? 

Maybe I'm fussy but I like to hear a manager say "we" and talk as if the club is more than just the next job. 

And yeah Sevilla might be good. But should Man United and Jose The Great with all their spending not be aspiring to beat Sevilla? 

The guy is a knob. His ego is bigger than Real Madrid and Man United ffs!! 

All the medals. Well it's a good job he has them because without them he'd be Billy Davies.

7 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

To be fair to the bloke outside of guardiola (who hasn't exactly been at struggling poor clubs either)

Hes at least the second greatest manager of this generation.

I'm amazed at how many football geniuses who have won sod all are ready to have a go. He's every right to be arrogant. He's won everything the game has to offer multiple times.

Koeman, now there's an arrogant price of garbage with no right to be.

Mourinho up against anything but guardiola with a bottomless pit and he wins the league at a canter.

He's unfortunate to come up against s freak manager putting together a one off team of pure brilliance.

So many experts having a pop at him, put your medals on the table alongside his or shut up.

I'm not quite sure he's the second greatest manager of his generation. Top five no doubt, but there are some other great managers out there. Maybe he is the 2nd best in terms of trophies, I just detest his team's style of play.

It would be interesting to see how good Mourinho could be without a bottomless pit. It's a shame he never became the Liverpool manager when it was cited he would before moving to Chelsea. He wouldn't have been as financially backed as he was at Chelsea, it would have been a much greater challenge for him.

His record at United this season isn't that bad. They're on for about 84-89 points, which would be good enough to win the title in at least two of the past seven seasons, if not three.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It would be interesting to see how good Mourinho could be without a bottomless pit. It's a shame he never became the Liverpool manager when it was cited he would before moving to Chelsea. He wouldn't have been as financially backed as he was at Chelsea, it would have been a much greater challenge for him.

Same with Guardiola.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

The difference with Pep is you can tell he’s a world class coach.

I don’t think I can say the same about Mourinho.

His trophy cabinet would suggest otherwise.

Where would you like to see Guardiola go next, somewhere that could be considered a challenge? 

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Guardiola has inherited 3 very talented squads, but the way he gets them playing has to be commended.

Mourinho would never get City playing like they are now.

Would Guardiola have won the Champions League with Porto and Inter? 

More ways to play football than the Guardiola way.

If anything Mourinho has proved himself without a bottomless pit, has Guardiola? 

Send em to Grimsby, now that’s a challenge.

1 minute ago, David said:

Would Guardiola have won the Champions League with Porto and Inter? 

More ways to play football than the Guardiola way.

If anything Mourinho has proved himself without a bottomless pit, has Guardiola? 

Send em to Grimsby, now that’s a challenge.

He probably wouldn't have, difficult to say.

Maybe Mourinho is a better manager and Pep is a better coach?

18 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Guardiola has inherited 3 very talented squads, but the way he gets them playing has to be commended.

Mourinho would never get City playing like they are now.

Of the three squads he inherited, only one was a reigning champion. He turned Barcelona and City into serial winners.

Archived