Moaninho

Alph

Jose. Never his fault. The world isn't fair. "Protects his players"... except Casillas and Ramos, Mata, Pogba and whoever else he's out to prove a point against.

Mourinho said: "I've sat in this chair twice before in the Champions League, and I knock Man Utd out at home twice, with Porto - Man Utd out, and with Real Madrid - Man Utd out. So this is nothing new for this football club."

Eh?

I get the idea of the siege mentality but I thought you're supposed to isolate the whole team/club? He just does himself.

He's a grand version of Billy Davies. Happy ending? No chance surely. He's a *****(ly) bloke 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does seem to come across as a slightly ire successful Billy Davies. He gets away with it, because he is successful, if he wasn’t, he’d just be a dick. Never thought he was a good fit for Man Utd though. Of course no one would turn down Mourinho I think, his track record speaks for itself, but, as much as I dislike manure, they do have a long history, and a very specific identity that Mourinho doesn’t really fit into. Appointing him reeked of just trying to buy back the good times at all costs. 

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If Rowett said after we drew with QPR "hey guys, remember when my Brum team had them two late goals against you,or that three nil the season after asDerby crumbled,it's nothing new,eh?" We'd all lose our freaking minds!

I think he's reached the "just trolling" phase now.

Exactly. 

Basically saying this club was **** before I got here so don't cry because you're still ****. But I'm not ****. I am so good I beat you when you had your legend in charge. You should be grateful I'm here.

He used to be much more fun. More honesty and less ego.

Surely if he's so good then he would know what he did to beat them previously and set the current team up to stop it happening again.

Of all the 'big name' managers he's the one that I just don't get. He's like the emporer's new clothes. When someone actually dares to point out he's no good then suddenly everyone will see him as he really is - devoid of ideas / stark bloody naked! 

I’m convinced he hasn’t taken an attacking coaching session in his life.

Creative players look devoid of ideas under him.

He only knows how to set teams up to defend and play it long to a big man - Drogba, Costa, Eto’o, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku upfront as they just utilize their strength and technique to bring others into play.

I bet if Mourinho was in charge of Man City with their current players they wouldn’t be top.

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m convinced he hasn’t taken an attacking coaching session in his life.

Creative players look devoid of ideas under him.

He only knows how to set teams up to defend and play it long to a big man - Drogba, Costa, Eto’o, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku upfront as they just utilize their strength and technique to bring others into play.

I bet if Mourinho was in charge of Man City with their current players they wouldn’t be top.

Has he ever properly used technical footballers? All of his sides are as you said, big strong sides with a big frontman. Would players like De Bruyne and Silva be used properly? Or even Aguero? His style is woefully dated.

Edit - wasn't it Mourinho who ditched De Bruyne, the worlds best playmaker, for less than 20 million?

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Has he ever properly used technical footballers? All of his sides are as you said, big strong sides with a big frontman. Would players like De Bruyne and Silva be used properly? Or even Aguero? His style is woefully dated.

Edit - wasn't it Mourinho who ditched De Bruyne, the worlds best playmaker, for less than 20 million?

In fairness he wasnt the best playmaker in the world when they sold him, more a good young player with potential which is why he went to Wolfsburg who were a top 10 bundesliga side rather than being signed by Bayern or real or someone. Wasn't until his first full season with Wolfsburg he was classed as one of the best imo

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

In fairness he wasnt the best playmaker in the world when they sold him, more a good young player with potential which is why he went to Wolfsburg who were a top 10 bundesliga side rather than being signed by Bayern or real or someone. Wasn't until his first full season with Wolfsburg he was classed as one of the best imo

Yes, but shouldn't a top manager be able to spot a top talent? Mourinho didn't even TRY give him a chance. If he had, he would have got one of the world's best players for free. Cheque book manager, and fraud.

He deserves great credit for revolutionizing the modern game defensively. Nobody in England especially used that deep, compact defensive block before him. 

What he did at Porto was fabulous, and his treble-winning campaign at Inter was unprecedented.

But, over the past five years or so he has struggled as the game moves on. Teams basically sit deep, almost doing a Mourinho on Mourinho’s team and he can’t always rely on individual magic or mistakes to bail him out.

He’s not a United manager at all, and it must kill their supporters to see City play so well and dominate.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes, but shouldn't a top manager be able to spot a top talent? Mourinho didn't even TRY give him a chance. If he had, he would have got one of the world's best players for free. Cheque book manager, and fraud.

Don't disagree, but why didn't the managers at Bayern, real, Barca or city snap him up? Hadn't proved himself by that point?

11 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Don't disagree, but why didn't the managers at Bayern, real, Barca or city snap him up? Hadn't proved himself by that point?

But they don't get to see him day in day out at training. Surely Mourinho, getting to see De Bruyne train every day, should be able to notice the talent when he sees it?

De Bruyne wanted to leave to get more game time, said that Mourinho was willing to give him more but it wouldn’t have been the regular football he thought he was ready for.

It’s where football is at now, managers lean towards tried and tested more than bringing through younger players which is seen as a risk. It is a risk. Why so many end up out on loan, it’s the only way they can show they are ready, even still they really need to impress to get a game.

At Chelsea they demand success, if you don’t bring it you’re out the door. 

Likes of Tammy Abraham will go the same way as Bamford, I can see younger players opting to join Championship sides over the next few years, more and more snubbing top clubs stockpiling talent.

Fair to say though that Mourinho despite the circus in the media knows a hell of a lot more than us, his trophy cabinet is proof of that!

This will effect the youngsters coming through at their own championship clubs, as we know ourselves.

Our young lads go on loan to lower league clubs and their young lads can’t come through.

Where do the lads at the bottom of the pyramid go?

The more I sphinx about it the grimmer it seems.

39 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This will effect the youngsters coming through at their own championship clubs, as we know ourselves.

Our young lads go on loan to lower league clubs and their young lads can’t come through.

Where do the lads at the bottom of the pyramid go?

The more I sphinx about it the grimmer it seems.

Get your coat.. 

Archived