Warnock and Cardiff

Woodley Ram

Despite being on a great run, clearly feeling the pressure otherwise why make the statement about others under more pressure due to wages etc.

trying to deflect the pressure they are under me thinks probably due to the fact that they have already slipped up when second before 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Despite being on a great run, clearly feeling the pressure otherwise why make the statement about others under more pressure due to wages etc.

trying to deflect the pressure they are under me thinks probably due to the fact that they have already slipped up when second before 

Hope they do slip up, can’t stand Warnock and hate the fact Welsh teams are in the English leagues too. 

It would be a dark day for me if Warnock gets to take Cardiff into the top flight of ‘English football’ it really would. ??

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Hope they do slip up, can’t stand Warnock and hate the fact Welsh teams are in the English leagues too. 

It would be a dark day for me if Warnock gets to take Cardiff into the top flight of ‘English football’ it really would. ??

Afraid its going to be a dark day for you after watching them at Brentford last night nobody in this division will stop them including us Thy will just brush us aside. Don't believe Warnock about wages if you go on Cardiff site they have 41 first team players 

I would have Warnock here no question as soon as he was appointed I posted on here to the effect he would get them up .Massive mistake not taking him on .As for his comments I can't believe everyone reacts and takes it in he is so transparent but still he plays the game and gets away with it .

Anyone that would like to see Rowett leave the club for not playing football the right way, but would roll out the red carpet for Warnock to come in ends the style v results debate right there and shows the dislike for Rowett runs deeper than his 4-2-3-1.

Warnock is an experienced manager at this level, he may have took us up with Bryson and Martin in the team, we wouldn't have been treated to football that would have the purists purring in delight.

Rowetball? 

I like Warnock nowadays.

Not his football just him. Seems like a proper decent bloke when he's not using the media to create the siege mentality. And that's all it is with him I think. An act to be unpopular and wind everyone one up. A Mourinho.

Except I imagine Warnock walking his dog on the park and him having the time of day for you. Maybe that's just the Yorkshire accent but he just seems a genuine geezer.

He knows the limitations in this division. He knows how to get a level of performance over 46 games that while it will never be spectacular it will be consistently high. Doesn't ask for anything fancy.

I think he's limited to how far he can take you. I don't think he'd take over from Arsene Wenger and suddenly Arsenal would beat everyone below them. I don't think he's teams are especially inventive or clever. 

He just knows what buttons to push on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, David said:

Anyone that would like to see Rowett leave the club for not playing football the right way, but would roll out the red carpet for Warnock to come in ends the style v results debate right there and shows the dislike for Rowett runs deeper than his 4-2-3-1.

Rubbish, if you're going to sell your soul to the Devil, like Mel has when he ditched 'the Derby Way', then you sell it to the most successful. In this case Warnock. Or as he thought at the time Pearson. My money is on him choosing Rowett cos he thinks he's more malleable.

I think that's just sour grapes from that Brentford account, they were very good last night. Bar the 3 they scored; Bentley's made 3 top saves, they've had one off the line and also hit the post. 6-1 wouldn't have flattered them. 

To be fair to Warnock he knows his style and is quite open to it, I don't see why we have to dance around the same subject with GR. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I think that's just sour grapes from that Brentford account, they were very good last night. Bar the 3 they scored; Bentley's made 3 top saves, they've had one off the line and also hit the post. 6-1 wouldn't have flattered them. 

To be fair to Warnock he knows his style and is quite open to it, I don't see why we have to dance around the same subject with GR. 

From the 10 outfield players last night they played 49 long balls (over 20 yards), they also had just 33% possession last night so not sure it's entirely sour grapes. The Brentford account admits they need to deal with it better. 

Not knocking it, you get results the best way you can, but when you see Rowettball thrown around, this isn't what we expect from Derby then admiration for Warnock, doesn't half tickle me.

It's always been and always will be a results game.

1 hour ago, David said:

From the 10 outfield players last night they played 49 long balls (over 20 yards), they also had just 33% possession last night so not sure it's entirely sour grapes. The Brentford account admits they need to deal with it better. 

Not knocking it, you get results the best way you can, but when you see Rowettball thrown around, this isn't what we expect from Derby then admiration for Warnock, doesn't half tickle me.

It's always been and always will be a results game.

To be fair Dave stats reckon we aren't a long ball team but anyone with eyes can see the amount of long balls we play a game. Not too keen on using them to go for/against either team because straight after the last discussion on this topic we went away to QPR, left a 30 yard gap inbetween our midfield and sole striker, peppered their defence with aimless long balls and wondered why we couldn't get a foothold in the game. 

Cardiff are direct there's no two ways about that, they just use much more aggression in an attacking sense than us and despite the amount of missed chances last night they have a cutting edge far above ours at this moment in time. It's percentage football at it's finest, they don't knock it about their back 4 like we still seem to do, they play with purpose and intent and that's the biggest differences between us and them. That's why there is a 14 point gap. 

My biggest gripes have been how bad our players can be in possession and one word I seem like I've used a million times recently is intent. Intent to try and win the game at QPR. Intent at Forest. Why are we happy with a point? We haven't won in nearly a quarter of a season. Compare both away performances (ours and Cardiff's) at Brentford this season and you can see why there's more admiration for Warnock than Rowett IMO. 

I wouldn't want Warnock as manager despite all this, he's cracked this division but it will be interesting to see how they get on in the PL next year with him at the helm. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

To be fair Dave stats reckon we aren't a long ball team but anyone with eyes can see the amount of long balls we play a game.

So are the stats wrong? A long ball is anything over 20 yards, in the air or on the ground, it doesn’t discriminate.

Either stats are lying or eyes are.

Some games such has QPR we did see a fair amount, you could see that and stats will back it up. 41 I believe it was with 10%  more possession, but that’s not been the case all season, it’s not the new Derby way where as Cardiff build their entire game around it week in week out.

5 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

As long as Villa don't go up then I'm happy enough.

At least we can now beat Cardiff without doing Villa a massive favour :D

+1

Dislike Villa and John Terry more than Cardiff. That and the way pundits all over spent the whole season gifting them promotion because Bruce and Terry.

3 hours ago, David said:

So are the stats wrong? A long ball is anything over 20 yards, in the air or on the ground, it doesn’t discriminate.

Either stats are lying or eyes are.

Some games such has QPR we did see a fair amount, you could see that and stats will back it up. 41 I believe it was with 10%  more possession, but that’s not been the case all season, it’s not the new Derby way where as Cardiff build their entire game around it week in week out.

They're not wrong, they're just not 100% accurate when trying to debate a long ball/Rowettball/hoofing argument IMO. Tom Huddlestone plays some absolute peaches across the football pitch, well over 20 yards and it lands at a mans feet more than often. That's a long ball but it's not the Rowettball/Hoofball which people (myself included) have an issue with, it's great to watch. It's the aimless long stuff which doesn't hit a man or even a dangerous area which grates my sheet, when players don't even pick their heads up. Unfortunately there's been more of that than the Huddz stuff.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rubbish, if you're going to sell your soul to the Devil, like Mel has when he ditched 'the Derby Way', then you sell it to the most successful. In this case Warnock. Or as he thought at the time Pearson. My money is on him choosing Rowett cos he thinks he's more malleable.

Shouldn’t that be more MELeable 

20 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

They're not wrong, they're just not 100% accurate when trying to debate a long ball/Rowettball/hoofing argument IMO. Tom Huddlestone plays some absolute peaches across the football pitch, well over 20 yards and it lands at a mans feet more than often. That's a long ball but it's not the Rowettball/Hoofball which people (myself included) have an issue with, it's great to watch. It's the aimless long stuff which doesn't hit a man or even a dangerous area which grates my sheet, when players don't even pick their heads up. Unfortunately there's been more of that than the Huddz stuff.

Pretty sure the aimless balls are included in this stat, will try and confirm that though

8 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I agree,I thought Cardiff played well.

Cardiff have lost twice in 27 I think - and they are not just hoofball.

when everyone wants them to lose. - they turn up, surprise everyone and win. And simply. - they have kept doing it. its called consistency

But we need a big win. - and Sunday we need to beat them to cling on to a playoff spot. I am pretty sure. - after seeing some grit against Forest. - that we can beat them

midfield will be the key  - and how Rowett deals with the suspension / injuries

Palmer has to start now

On 14/03/2018 at 10:34, Mr Tibbs said:

Quite right Cardiff played some good stuff people who say its hoofball under Warnock are wrong just because he would rather get from one area to the other using less passes than some other teams that's not hoofball  Of course they are going to use their height to their advantage with long throws and high balls into the box be daft not to If we don't stand up to them physically we get turned over You are right they could have had 6or7 easily  Brentford are probably the best footballing team in the division but couldn't compete physically and I've got a feeling we may not be able to but hope I'm wrong  

Archived