Jordan Graham

SuperDerbySuperRams

Haven’t heard much for a while but told he will be our first summer signing, out of contract at Wolves, and banished to the u23’s by their manager after a failed loan spell at Fulham. He was one of Wolves’s best players before an injury a season or two a go. Worth the punt on a free, I suppose. Told he is quick and skilful. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Haven’t heard much for a while but told he will be our first summer signing, out of contract at Wolves, and banished to the u23’s by their manager after a failed loan spell at Fulham. He was one of Wolves’s best players before an injury a season or two a go. Worth the punt on a free, I suppose. Told he is quick and skilful. 

Risk-free punt on a talented young speedster.

I like.

Makes the end of the January transfer window even more frustrating if true. We supposedly went for Grosicki and also had a deal agreed with Lookman that I'd imagine would have included a fairly hefty loan fee, so we probably could have afforded a small fee to sign Graham early. Either we chose not to, or Wolves decided not to strengthen a potential promotion rival (at the time)/kept Graham just in case they were hit with injuries. Meanwhile we sold an important player for a few hundred thousand without signing a replacement 

10 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Makes the end of the January transfer window even more frustrating if true. We supposedly went for Grosicki and also had a deal agreed with Lookman that I'd imagine would have included a fairly hefty loan fee, so we probably could have afforded a small fee to sign Graham early. Either we chose not to, or Wolves decided not to strengthen a potential promotion rival (at the time)/kept Graham just in case they were hit with injuries. Meanwhile we sold an important player for a few hundred thousand without signing a replacement 

He had actually already played for 2 clubs (Fulham and Wolves) so couldn't play for another. Bit silly of wolves to play him once as a sub without the intentions of keeping him, prevents the possibility of him going out on loan a 2nd time if the 1st didn't work out, which it didn't.

Just now, LB_DCFC said:

He had actually already played for 2 clubs (Fulham and Wolves) so couldn't play for another. Bit silly of wolves to play him once as a sub without the intentions of keeping him, prevents the possibility of him going out on loan a 2nd time if the 1st didn't work out, which it didn't.

Ahhhh, didn't realise Wolves had used him

1 hour ago, LB_DCFC said:

He played for Wolves in the first game of the season then the full 90 in 2 league cup games.

Now that’s an interesting one... sadly a championship signing if I ever saw one, but could be a decent addition for depth in the wide areas. Had potential when he was younger which he could still achieve, we need more quality than this but on a free and low wages it’s hardly a bad shout.

4 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Good shout if it comes off He was really good before his injury He is very quick  direct great dribbler and still a young lad Wolves fans quite rightly used to rave about him before his injury 

3 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Good shout if it comes off He was really good before his injury He is very quick  direct great dribbler and still a young lad Wolves fans quite rightly used to rave about him before his injury 

Has George Thorne syndrome written all over him...

Hopefully snapped him up on a really cheap contract with add-ons for appearances. Low risk with a chance of a high reward. The sort of signing we need to mix in with the experienced, low risk signings we’ve accumulated recently.

I’d have a policy of no signings over the age of 28 this summer, unless it’s a genuine bargain. We already have the oldest squad in the league. As much as we all want to go up ASAP, we need to make sure our team is sustainable and we’re not looking for 3/4 replacements every single summer.

A gamble given that we have already got two players who have suffered ACLs and both are struggling to back to the level they were at.

Touching on a lot of whats already been said, but a gamble given the ACL injury. Do we put that as a "must have" when we look at potential signings? 

He is young, still quite raw I'd say but ability there for sure. Plays without fear and will go at players which is what we are lacking. On a free, well worth a punt. 

Archived