Sign in to follow this  
PistoldPete2

A new Cold War

22 minutes ago, RamNut said:

the nerve agent is probably in the perfume. I bet it even has a spray nozzle.

i doubt whether they brought it in direct from russia. I wouldn't be surprised if its in a global brand bottle...a typical duty free brand.

My missus has loads of perfume bottles and I can honestly say I've never touched any of them, nor ever felt the need to

Some of them do smell a bit "weapons-grade" though

46 minutes ago, RamNut said:

the nerve agent is probably in the perfume. I bet it even has a spray nozzle.

i doubt whether they brought it in direct from russia. I wouldn't be surprised if its in a global brand bottle...a typical duty free brand.

That makes sense. Probably a similar method was used to off Kim Jong-Un's half-brother in Kuala Lumpur.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

That makes sense. Probably a similar method was used to off Kim Jong-Un's half-brother in Kuala Lumpur.

There are some evil politicians around, and most are currently centre stage.

9 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Seems reasonable. Especially the part about left-wing governments in waiting

To me it's such an obvious equation. So many powerful interests would suffer if a Corbyn-figure got into power in the UK. Arms deals would stop, the military industrial complex would grind to a halt and wealth creation would stop being corruptly stacked in favour of the already insanely wealthy.

If you can't draw the line between that and the incessant attacks on the Labour Party leadership in the media, then frankly your media-analysis skills are poor

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

If you can't draw the line between that and the incessant attacks on the Labour Party leadership in the media, then frankly your media-analysis skills are poor

The vested interests seem more polarised now than at any point in modern history. My only hope is that the established elite's machinations to cling on to power are becoming so overt that enough people will eventually notice they're being played for fools. 

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

The vested interests seem more polarised now than at any point in modern history. My only hope is that the established elite's machinations to cling on to power are becoming so overt that enough people will eventually notice they're being played for fools. 

There are none so blind as those who will not see.  i think many people choose not to be aware.  It's not stupidity, it's herd mentality and they will never take any responsibility or accept criticism for their behavior.

i learned this lesson right after the 2008 financial crash in Iceland.  They pointed fingers and shouted at bankers and politicians but refused to look in the mirror.  During the happy times people took huge loans to pay for their ever increasing overhead. It was the good life and most of those able took full part in it and raised their expenditure dangerously high.  When it all came crashing down a few voices were heard suggesting a tiny inkling of a general responsibility for the mess and they were immediately and vehemently shouted down.  Want to know what they shouted?  Victim blaming.  Yeah, we humans are a piece of work alright.  i am not holding my breath for people waking up on their own.  What they need is a bucket of ice cold water.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.