FFP going into next season

Kernow

12 hours ago, David said:

Ouch! 

Just as I said that sometimes you might have to look at (sometimes part) of another company within the group ( Seem to remember QPR had this 'problem' ), the reverse warning could also apply. Don't automatically look at the consolidated accounts, as these will usually include the results of the trading company (the football club, though there could also be other trading company/companies), the company that also consolidates the group (as above), and any other companies within the group. In Cardiff's case the other companies appear to be Cardiff City Stadium Ltd and Cardiff City Premier Seating Ltd.

The club's accounts show accumulated losses of £119m, whereas the consolidated losses were £139m. On the other hand, the club net deficit was£108.038m , whereas the consolidated figure was £80.771m (though part of that is blocked out above, and I've made my best guess).

Our own fans should be happy that we only really have to look at the club's accounts (so far), and don't have to look at the consolidator (Sevco 5112 ,from memory. ) .Indeed, if you started looking at the 2 Sevco companies , and Global Derby, you wouldn't know what was going on, as some pretty large amounts were whizzing round in 15/16 .

Mind you,your 'ouch' is still merited

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/03/2018 at 15:32, Inglorius said:

Which rules exactly have Wolves been flouting, all I hear is a lot of sour grapes but nothing to back it up

The rules on how much you can spend?! No parachute payments! Therefore clearly spending beyond limits. Wolves are blatantly doing a Leicester, Bournemouth, QPR,  however as likely to achieve promotion will get away with a fine in a couple of years time, easily covered by the riches wolves will gain in the premier league.

No sour grapes here, fair play, we tried it but we made poor signings and have had to belt tighten last 2 seasons to avoid transfer embargo. If wolves hadn’t have got promoted this season, next season would’ve been in a difficult predicament.

14 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The rules on how much you can spend?! No parachute payments! Therefore clearly spending beyond limits. Wolves are blatantly doing a Leicester, Bournemouth, QPR,  however as likely to achieve promotion will get away with a fine in a couple of years time, easily covered by the riches wolves will gain in the premier league.

No sour grapes here, fair play, we tried it but we made poor signings and have had to belt tighten last 2 seasons to avoid transfer embargo. If wolves hadn’t have got promoted this season, next season would’ve been in a difficult predicament.

Wolves' fans could have been saying that about us in 15/16, but they would have been ignorant of our exceptional income and therefore wrong.None of us now their full circumstances this year, so all we can really do is say that it seems that way, as opposed to is that way.

29 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Wolves' fans could have been saying that about us in 15/16, but they would have been ignorant of our exceptional income and therefore wrong.None of us now their full circumstances this year, so all we can really do is say that it seems that way, as opposed to is that way.

Rambler is there any team that has been hauled over the coals recently about FFP violations. 

If I remember correctly, Bolton and Millwall manged to fall foul of FFP whilst being relegated. Forest, Leeds and Blackburn all had sanctions imposed whilst in the 2nd tier. Bournemouth, Leicester and QPR have all exceed the limits but will have to wait for their punishment (I believe QPR are still in a legal challenge) until they return from the Premier League.

7 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

If I remember correctly, Bolton and Millwall manged to fall foul of FFP whilst being relegated. Forest, Leeds and Blackburn all had sanctions imposed whilst in the 2nd tier. Bournemouth, Leicester and QPR have all exceed the limits but will have to wait for their punishment (I believe QPR are still in a legal challenge) until they return from the Premier League.

I think Bournemouth have paid their fine. Was it £8m or something?

48 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think Bournemouth have paid their fine. Was it £8m or something?

Yes, some "piffling amount" like that. I still laugh when the media gush about Smug Eddie and the Cherries' "fairytale promotion".

They'll be back in League Two in double quick time when their Russian oligarch loses interest or finds a new hobby.

26 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Yes, some "piffling amount" like that. I still laugh when the media gush about Smug Eddie and the Cherries' "fairytale promotion".

They'll be back in League Two in double quick time when their Russian oligarch loses interest or finds a new hobby.

No bitterness from a Burnley fan towards ex-manager Howe at all there...

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Rambler is there any team that has been hauled over the coals recently about FFP violations. 

The current 3 year cycle ended with the submission of projected results for this year, earlier this month. A bit too soon for any statements from the EFL. Even then, they tend to say that any potential transgressors are being looked at further.

Just noticed that Wolves have a shed load of players out on loan ( don't know how many are youngsters), so that's a fair bit off the wage bill before you consider additions. I also note they sold a few players, which would have reduced wages further and may have produced net book profits on sale, for all we know.

We also don't know what FFP results they posted in 15/16 and 16/17. In summary, we don't actually know very much at all.

Archived