Fans Forum 13th March

Message added by David

Raheem Sterling’s stunning form has come after Pep Guardiola advised him to curb his antics on social media.

“If the reason why he’s scored a lot of goals is because he’s out of social media then I’ll say it to all the players!” said the City manager. “It’s not about that.

“I think before he was more active and now he’s more passive.

“They are free to do whatever they want. Sometimes they put a picture up and after that they have 30 million comments criticising them and you can avoid it. 

“People insult you and people criticise you because you show a picture or Snapchat. If you want to do it, there is no problem.

“But people can criticise your family because of how they dress or which beach they are enjoying, why?

“Enjoy it for yourself or your family and your friends and nobody has to know what they are doing in their private lives. 

“That is my opinion, but there is no rule, we just have our advice as a club.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-goal-southampton-guardiola-13984081

Guardiola, Klopp, Rowett, Savage....

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, timmo said:

Right or wrong it's modern life. Everyone is a keyboard warrior. Dcfc fans are no different to any other clubs fans, no better or no worse  Not heard any other club complaining about social media. 

Seems a pretty lame excuse to me 

It does seem an attempt to deflect a little blame for our slump in form away from the person ultimately responsible for doing something about it. I fully except fans at a game can influence the players, we have been a little lacking of late in that department, but to think a player is affected  by reading stuff on here, sorry not having it. If any player is mentally fragile enough to be influenced by our ramblings we shouldn’t have signed them in the first place 

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Topram said:

Anything said on the plans for the stadium?? 

Dunno. I heard it won't happen until we are promoted.

28 minutes ago, David said:

Right there is the problem, at no point did I suggest they played a direct impact on results, neither did Rowett.

If you don't want to accept that comments online can effect a player mentally, get into their head that's fine, more power to your keyboard, enjoy your ignorance.

Wasn't long ago Robbie Savage came out and admitted that forums got to him, even joined them to defend himself after games. Why was that? Guess it got to him.

Well you tell me. You were often posting negative stuff about him.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Amazing how many want to stay in denial that this can have a negative impact on a players mental state, I could probably go pull quotes from numerous managers on this that work with the players day in day out but no, fans won't have it that young footballers might take comments to heart and start to believe they are not good enough.

Do we have some of those like? :ph34r:

More importantly they discussed again the atmosphere in Pride Park and players feeling the anxiety of the fans around them and how better they performed against Notts Forest and Sheff Wed at home when our fans performed also. It's a two way thing, and we perform better together on and off the pitch when we are positive. GR mentioned if you keep on repeating negative comments and feelings, then eventually you start to believe them etc.

Which fan are YOU in this picture, and which fan can YOU be, the one that wants positive or negative performances/results by being positive or negative in the ground and outside of the ground, and everywhere that you represent Derby County Football Club.

For or against Derby County.....Which side are you on boys?

n1xr3r.jpg

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Well you tell me. You were often posting negative stuff about him.

I was, probably the worst offender on here at the time, was also a long time ago when platforms such as Twitter were just getting started and social media really started to take off. I was a lot younger as well which is no excuse. 

Never once tweeted him directly though, not once. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I have directly mentioned a Derby player over the years, each time would have been a drunken I love you no doubt. Even non Derby players like Collymore and Barton, I've seen our own fans share blocked screenshots like a badge of honour, never got into all that. 

I guess I kinda thought this was a little place on the internet that was a secret corner, my little ramblings would never be seen, it was certainly less active back then than it is now. 

If I could rewind the clock, go back and remove comments that I made on this forum I would, having heard players and managers discuss the effects of social media I would take it all back. Even if it was a 1% chance it would make any difference during those years.

I would wear a pair of pink Y fronts on my head for the rest of the season if it would help Vydra get back in the goals.

There is no way of proving or disproving this as fans, it could be a deflection tactic from managers, but why not take the chance of laying off a touch when we don't get the result we wanted. Rather than look at other clubs and say they are all at it, it's fine, but set an example of how to behave online for that 0.000001% chance it may help just one player.

2 minutes ago, David said:

There is no way of proving or disproving this as fans, it could be a deflection tactic from managers, but why not take the chance of laying off a touch when we don't get the result we wanted. Rather than look at other clubs and say they are all at it, but set an example of how to behave online.

What will stop opposition fans (even using nom-de-plumes!) taunting our oh so delicate players? The best way to deal with it is to ignore it or stuff it by succeeding. 

Back back on topic, anything else said tonight.

Anyone ask if GR thinks he has a negative  plan of attack...

Anyone ask what the budget is for the summer?

Anyone ask if we intend to carry on with no MD/President/CEO position?

Anyone ask on the latest Moor Farm Expansion or the Pride Park Extension?

Anyone ask why it's so bloody difficult to get away on match days?

Anyone ask if Winnall stays in our plans beyond this season?

Anyone ask if any any league two clubs have enquirer about Butterfield? 

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Back back on topic, anything else said tonight.

Anyone ask if GR thinks he has a negative  plan of attack...

Anyone ask what the budget is for the summer?

Anyone ask if we intend to carry on with no MD/President/CEO position?

Anyone ask on the latest Moor Farm Expansion or the Pride Park Extension?

Anyone ask why it's so bloody difficult to get away on match days?

Anyone ask if Winnall stays in our plans beyond this season?

Anyone ask if any any league two clubs have enquirer about Butterfield? 

On the first point the answer is no he doesn't

On the second point depends on what league we are in,player sales and ffp

The rest not mentioned

I didn’t have a ticket, but still went, hoping to be able to ask questions, but had to stay at the back, behind the ticketed seats, and despite raising my hand consistently Colin Gibson ignored me ..

I have to say that, despite there being some interesting points, at no time was there any (even mild) criticism expressed, or searching questions asked ..

My question was going to be :- 

“Can Gary tell us why our two most skilful and tactically intelligent players (Chris Martin and Will Hughes), two box to box midfielders (Craig Bryson and Timi Elsnick), and the best of our Academy players haven’t featured in his plans this season ?” 

1 minute ago, Ram8 said:

I didn’t have a ticket, but still went, hoping to be able to ask questions, but had to stay at the back, behind the ticketed seats, and despite raising my hand consistently Colin Gibson ignored me ..

I have to say that, despite there being some interesting points, at no time was there any (even mild) criticism expressed, or searching questions asked ..

“Can Gary tell us why our two most skilful and tactically intelligent players (Chris Martin and Will Hughes), two box to box midfielders (Craig Bryson and Timi Elsnick), and the best of our Academy players haven’t featured in his plans this season ?” 

Will Hughes is not our player would probably have been one of the answers. 

28 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

That’s because you didn’t have a ticket... questions were from ticketed audience only..

Pretty sure there was some criticism of his rigid style of play, but you don’t go to these to just slam the manager. It’s about asking reasonable questions about the club, not going there and demanding the manager thinks the way you think.

Not seen the stream but from the sounds of it we have waived the white flag..

That comment about lowering expectations if we play youth players is complete bollx and exactly what I would expect them to say.

3 mil not enough it’s Derby... Hmmmm probably a bit of poetic license there. Might have been the case but I doubt that was actually said.

Archived