Fans Forum 13th March

Message added by David

16 minutes ago, cannable said:

Just to add more depth to the (damned lies and) statistics that Mel produced, namely; ‘the average price per attendee is £14’

FEFD1CA0-FD6F-4BCC-8C8A-FE09E67128EB.jpeg

Can I just ask for clarity that you included in your calculations all the concessions (oap) and child prices etc.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Interested to know the club who turned down our bid, only to accept a smaller offer.

At a complete guess Boro and Albert Adomah, Villa would've offered a ott wage

I am guessing Watkins from Exeter.

Just now, reveldevil said:

Reading between the lines, it will be a difficult next season if we don't go up.

I think it may depend on who we manage to sell.

I suspect we will release Bent, Shackell, Baird and Hanson.

Martin, Bryson, Butterfield, Blackman seem to be surplus to requirements and their full wages will come back online in July unless they are sold.

I imagine Anya, Olsson and Pearce would all be available for transfer too. 

Again who we sell will determine who and how many we buy. 

26 minutes ago, David said:

One that may ruffle some feathers is both social media and the media over the past couple of months, bottlers, wheels falling off, say it enough times you start to believe it, all it takes is a couple of players to read it and gets in their head.

I have argued this on many occasions, footballer's have the internet, to think what we say online behind keyboards goes unnoticed is very naive. That's not to say we shouldn't be critical ever, just be mindful that it does get seen.

I think we will do Cardiff then go on a long winning streak ending in glory at Wembley, there, that should do the trick 

One that may ruffle some feathers is both social media and the media over the past couple of months, bottlers, wheels falling off, say it enough times you start to believe it, all it takes is a couple of players to read it and gets in their head.

I have argued this on many occasions, footballer's have the internet, to think what we say online behind keyboards goes unnoticed is very naive. That's not to say we shouldn't be critical ever, just be mindful that

Sorry but i don't accept that.

internet postings prevented us from beating forest? Or Reading? Etc The absense of johnny russell or kacey palmer or vydra etc etc seems a more likely factor.

have nugent's goals dried up because of something posted on the internet? No.

7 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think we will do Cardiff then go on a long winning streak ending in glory at Wembley, there, that should do the trick 

Like your optimism but watching Cardiff at the moment at Brentford you can forget about us doing them They are big I mean big strong fast and skillful look really good Certainly deserve to go up and they will 

10 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Like your optimism but watching Cardiff at the moment at Brentford you can forget about us doing them They are big I mean big strong fast and skillful look really good Certainly deserve to go up and they will 

10 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

It was an ironic response to David’s post about the players reading stuff on here, then believing it and making it become reality 

18 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Sorry but i don't accept that.

internet postings prevented us from beating forest? Or Reading? Etc The absense of johnny russell or kacey palmer or vydra etc etc seems a more likely factor.

have nugent's goals dried up because of something posted on the internet? No.

Right there is the problem, at no point did I suggest they played a direct impact on results, neither did Rowett.

If you don't want to accept that comments online can effect a player mentally, get into their head that's fine, more power to your keyboard, enjoy your ignorance.

Wasn't long ago Robbie Savage came out and admitted that forums got to him, even joined them to defend himself after games. Why was that? Guess it got to him.

Add Jurgen Klopp to the list. This is whilst Liverpool were in form. Another professional that has no idea how footballers are effected by social media eh.

Klopp has urged his Liverpool players not to read what’s said about them on social media sites. The manager has reiterated to the squad that the only opinion that truly matters is his own.

“I cannot say don’t do it because even for clubs there are a lot of things we have to do on social media. It’s part of the role, it’s not bad,” Klopp said.

“It’s just overestimated, you think it’s the truth. That’s our problem in this world, you read something and think: ‘Oh my God! That’s it.’

“I would not even be concerned if I read something about my neighbour or something. I would go to my neighbour’s house and say: ‘Is it right or not?’ That’s not the world, we take it like it is, that’s what I don’t like. We all have to learn to judge it right.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-dejan-lovren-social-13855629

10 minutes ago, David said:

Right there is the problem, at no point did I suggest they played a direct impact on results, neither did Rowett.

If you don't want to accept that comments online can effect a player mentally, get into their head that's fine, more power to your keyboard, enjoy your ignorance.

Wasn't long ago Robbie Savage came out and admitted that forums got to him, even joined them to defend himself after games. Why was that? Guess it got to him.

Right or wrong it's modern life. Everyone is a keyboard warrior. Dcfc fans are no different to any other clubs fans, no better or no worse  Not heard any other club complaining about social media. 

Seems a pretty lame excuse to me 

9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

But B4 has slated Baird consistently, yet in my mind it hasn’t affected him, he’s been a true pro and his performances have been a credit to him. 

Maybe he’s made of sterner stuff that some of our sensitive souls. 

Right but we're talking about situations where it's hundreds of fans in a players mentions after a game calling them bottlers, the media running stories that history is repeating itself, the February wheels are falling off.

Amazing how many want to stay in denial that this can have a negative impact on a players mental state, I could probably go pull quotes from numerous managers on this that work with the players day in day out but no, fans won't have it that young footballers might take comments to heart and start to believe they are not good enough.

2 minutes ago, timmo said:

Right or wrong it's modern life. Everyone is a keyboard warrior. Dcfc fans are no different to any other clubs fans, no better or no worse  Not heard any other club complaining about social media. 

Seems a pretty lame excuse to me 

Did you miss the article I just linked to with Klopp and Liverpool? Lovren was receiving death threats online to himself and his family. How is that modern life?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Right but we're talking about situations where ... the media running stories that history is repeating itself, the February wheels are falling off.

Is Mel blaming the media as well then? Better buy them out! :lol:

Archived