18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

I think we need to make 6 signings. Four first team players and 2 squad players. This is based on how Rowett seems to want to play.

A new LB. It doesn't look like Forsyth will return to his former heights. Would be happy for him to be back up. 

A new DCM. We need someone who is better on the ball than Johnson and with some pace. Huddlestone needs a more mobile foil.

A winger.This is our weakest area IMO and Weimann or Lawrence may seem more acceptable if someone better is on the otherside.

A new CF. Martin doesn't suit how we play and Nugent and/or Jerome are only sub level now for me. 

A new young LCB. It is the weakest area of our u23 squad and we need a 4th choice after Baird is released.

Am experienced half decent GK. Don't rate Roos and i'm not convinced about Mitchell if Carson is out for weeks/months.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sage said:

I think we need to make 6 signings. Four first team players and 2 squad players. This is based on how Rowett seems to want to play.

A new LB. It doesn't look like Forsyth will return to his former heights. Would be happy for him to be back up. 

A new DCM. We need someone who is better on the ball than Johnson and with some pace. Huddlestone needs a more mobile foil.

A winger.This is our weakest area IMO and Weimann or Lawrence may seem more acceptable if someone better is on the otherside.

A new CF. Martin doesn't suit how we play and Nugent and/or Jerome are only sub level now for me. 

A new young LCB. It is the weakest area of our u23 squad and we need a 4th choice after Baird is released.

Am experienced half decent GK. Don't rate Roos and i'm not convinced about Mitchell if Carson is out for weeks/months.

Roos has never done anything wrong he's better than Mitchell but Barnes is better than both IMO   Cover can play LCB even though they keep using him in different rolls Definitely need a proper winger but I'm sure Rowett knows that 

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Roos has never done anything wrong he's better than Mitchell but Barnes is better than both IMO   Cover can play LCB even though they keep using him in different rolls Definitely need a proper winger but I'm sure Rowett knows that 

Roos has had some nightmares when out on loan. Cover is miles off the first team. He has potential but we need someone further along the development pathway. Maybe the player the club had hoped Rawson might be, someone 21/22 with some first team experience.. 

34 minutes ago, sage said:

Roos has had some nightmares when out on loan. Cover is miles off the first team. He has potential but we need someone further along the development pathway. Mabit harsh on ybe the player the club had hoped Rawson might be, someone 21/22 with some first team experience.. 

Sage your being a bit harsh on Roos he had a bad time at Rotherham who were leaking goals for fun before he went there under madman Steve Evens At Nuneaton he played9 had 5 clean sheets played 4 fa cup 3clean sheets that's why we signed him At AFC Wimbledon played 20 and 8 clean sheets he played for them in the promotion victory at Wembley another clean sheet Never lost when at Plymouth or Port Vale at Derby 3fa cup 3clean sheets Cover obviously is not ready yet but ii go all round the country watching the under23s and there's not one of them ready yet perhaps Bogle at a push if anything happened to Wisdom or Baird the rest not a chance including Thomas  

15 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Sage your being a bit harsh on Roos he had a bad time at Rotherham who were leaking goals for fun before he went there under madman Steve Evens At Nuneaton he played9 had 5 clean sheets played 4 fa cup 3clean sheets that's why we signed him At AFC Wimbledon played 20 and 8 clean sheets he played for them in the promotion victory at Wembley another clean sheet Never lost when at Plymouth or Port Vale at Derby 3fa cup 3clean sheets Cover obviously is not ready yet but ii go all round the country watching the under23s and there's not one of them ready yet perhaps Bogle at a push if anything happened to Wisdom or Baird the rest not a chance including Thomas  

Would you be comfortable with Roos being our keeper next season if Carson broke his leg in the first game?

I would suggest that our u23 inc those out on loan are weakest at CB. It is the position where the players are furthest away from first team quality.

13 hours ago, sage said:

Would you be comfortable with Roos being our keeper next season if Carson broke his leg in the first game?

I would suggest that our u23 inc those out on loan are weakest at CB. It is the position where the players are furthest away from first team quality.

Yes I would be ok with Roos always looks assured whenever I see him Not sure Rowett see it that way though trying to sign Steele on deadline day thank god that fell through Yes we probably are weak at centre back in the under23 Wassell steady but not really improving much Hunt still feeling his feet but does look a player one for the future I think The trouble with the under 23s they change the team every match and centre backs really need a regular partner to see the best of them 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mistaram's point was it isn't a good idea to go back (to Martin et al), you've shown otherwise.

Huddlestone had been gone ten years a regular Premiership player Martin been gone 5 weeks would never ever be Premiership player 

Kasey Palmer needs to be made a permanent signing imo

We also need a younger pacey striker that can link up with Vydra well. If (more than likely) West Brom go down I think Rondon would be a great fit here but I reckon his value may be too high.

If we get promoted I would love to see us battle it out to sign Bamba

Left Back is a real issue for us. As much as it pains me to say, Ashley Young will be free in the summer and could do a job for us for a season in either division

3 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Kasey Palmer needs to be made a permanent signing imo

We also need a younger pacey striker that can link up with Vydra well. If (more than likely) West Brom go down I think Rondon would be a great fit here but I reckon his value may be too high.

If we get promoted I would love to see us battle it out to sign Bamba

Left Back is a real issue for us. As much as it pains me to say, Ashley Young will be free in the summer and could do a job for us for a season in either division

How much are you willing to pay in salary a week for Ashley Young in the Championship? You think he would drop a division when probably half the teams in the Prem will be wanting to sign him and on much bigger wages?????????????????????????????????

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How much are you willing to pay in salary a week for Ashley Young in the Championship? You think he would drop a division when probably half the teams in the Prem will be wanting to sign him and on much bigger wages?????????????????????????????????

Yes you do wonder about some people don't you Regular for Man U good chance of going to the world cup Sure he's going to want come to Derby  More than likely back to Villa if he leaves Man U 

10 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Yes you do wonder about some people don't you Regular for Man U good chance of going to the world cup Sure he's going to want come to Derby  More than likely back to Villa if he leaves Man U 

Indeed, some need to come back down to planet earth Mista......

Young, 32, signed a three-year deal with United in 2015 with the option of an additional year but the club are yet to trigger the extension.

Senior United sources insisted they would take up the option on every player out of contract this summer, while Jose Mourinho also promised United would not let any players leave on a free.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-contract-14195230

Archived