18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think our trouble is we've been shopping in tried and trusted Waitrose - we think it's better quality but are buying stuff at a knock-down price as it's very close to its sell-by date and has not been the bargains we've thought we've got.

We really should be shopping at a young and upcoming supermarket like Lidl - we might not have heard of the brands but they will be fresh and their quality could surprise us!

Agree. However, it's down to the "new" timescale, isn't it?

Say we don't got promoted this year {pretty unlikely now- odds against us in the "playoffs"}. 

Do we:

1. Short-term: Patch and mend/tweak and try another 1 year "smash n grab" playing anti-football? 1 season.

2. Mid-term: put the oldies out to grass and cut our losses on the "not up to it" ...we can all work out who's who...2 seasons.

3. Long-term: Nut and bolt restoration...3 seasons... "find" a new spine, go back to "playing football" and build around 1 or 2 very senior professionals. We ought to start with a couple of raw, hungry youngsters ...Elsnik, Mason Bennett, the young winger, Max Bird, et alia. 

I would not go for #1. 2, I could cope with but I'd really like option 3. Maybe our coaching could be freshened up by the likes of Paul Simpson, and Robbie Van der Laan. I've had personal experience of RvdL and he is an exceptional coach and we know that Simmo has top pedigree already. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The exciting talent who looks like he will be in the Prem next season with Fulham, that guy?

Or for example we go up via the play off and Fulham don't then we sign him for free with more money than he gets at Fulham. Out of the contract this summer

Bring in:

CB - Patrick Bauer from Charlton (German...need I say more)

LB - Jonas Knudsen from Ipswich (the consistent performer we've been lacking)

CM - Timi Max Elsnik back from Swindon (the great hope)

CM - Sam Morsy from Wigan (an energetic, talented, young leader)

LW/RW - Marcus Maddison from Peterborough

CAM/RW/LW - Kasey Palmer from Chelsea on loan

ST - Jack Marriott from Peterborough (born goalscorer, likened to Jamie Vardy)

Get rid:
CB - Alex Pearce (expensive bench warmer)
LB - Craig Forsyth (if he doesn't improve)
CM - Jacob Butterfield (just give him away to get him off the wage bill...he could probably force his way into my 7-a-side)
CM - Craig Bryson (I love the guy, but doesn't seem to be in the plans. Played 90 mins in 2 of 3 of Cardiffs last wins -_-)
CM/LW - Bradley Johnson (can't perform in his main position. Keep if he nails down a place in the three behind the striker)
RW - Ikechi Anya (unless he forces his way back into the team and does well again this season)
ST - Nick Blackman (back to Israel, I think. He seems to have done well there)
ST - Chris Martin (I love the guy, but it might be time for him to move on)
ST - Darren Bent (out of contract)

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd love to see Elsnik make the step up next season.

A facebook friend of mine is a Swindon fan and has been raving about Elsnik, says if he was fit he could make the difference in them getting promotion or not...think we were silly to let him go out on loan when he is just the type of midfielder we need...

On 3/9/2018 at 18:17, Jimbo Ram said:

A facebook friend of mine is a Swindon fan and has been raving about Elsnik, says if he was fit he could make the difference in them getting promotion or not...think we were silly to let him go out on loan when he is just the type of midfielder we need...

I think this year will do him the world of good. 

Throwing him into the Championship and expecting him to perform might have been one step too far.

Now he has experience in a physical league he will be much more likely to perform for us next year.

Archived