18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

5 hours ago, Ramara said:

No I'm serious

Wisdom is very dodgy, if Josh Murphy will cost 10m each then we pay that. Wolves spent all that money and look where its got them.

was just a phrase when I said a cheap ruben neves. Someone who can bring the team forward from Midfield is needed. we have 0 legs in that midfield and something needs to change, and unfortunately it looks like we are going to have to completely rebuild. I'm sorry but there are about 6 players in the whole squad who id keep. Carson, davies, ledley, hudds, vydra, Lawrence and maybe Weimann as he is overrated.

We aren't going to pick up a quality striker for 1 or 2 mil, weve proved that with Jerome, hes dogshitt

You say out midfield isn’t good enough because new don’t have legs (which I agree with) but then you say 2/7 players you picked to stay was Ledley and huddlestone. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, jimbobram said:

You say out midfield isn’t good enough because new don’t have legs (which I agree with) but then you say 2/7 players you picked to stay was Ledley and huddlestone. 

I think Ledley and Hudds are quality players, Id definitely keep Hudds in there but he is wasted trying to do the dirty work with ledley in the middle. If we could have another player in there, maybe even to replace ledley, with Hudds then it would be a gamechanger. Even someone like Craig Bryson who has legs, or maybe give hanson a go there if were not spending megabucks

I really wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Ross Mccormack.

Villa want rid, he's 31, he'll be someone Rowett believes can hack 46 games at this level and will look back at his track record and see "GOALS" a'la Cameron Jerome. He's been captain in the division with Fulham = leader with experience.

He matches the GR criteria.

On 12/04/2018 at 14:06, Ramara said:

No I'm serious

Wisdom is very dodgy, if Josh Murphy will cost 10m each then we pay that. Wolves spent all that money and look where its got them.

was just a phrase when I said a cheap ruben neves. Someone who can bring the team forward from Midfield is needed. we have 0 legs in that midfield and something needs to change, and unfortunately it looks like we are going to have to completely rebuild. I'm sorry but there are about 6 players in the whole squad who id keep. Carson, davies, ledley, hudds, vydra, Lawrence and maybe Weimann as he is overrated.

We aren't going to pick up a quality striker for 1 or 2 mil, weve proved that with Jerome, hes dogshitt

It's really easy to come up with transfer suggestions if you pretend we've got loads of money and potential promotion rivals will happily sell to us... 

As much as Ruben Neves and Diego Jota have been brilliant, I doubt Wolves would have gone up this season without their squad depth, which has come from players they signed relatively cheap in the summer. Barry Douglas, John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett are all examples of players that we probably could have signed.

It feels like we're either lacking the scouting system to identify cheaper players that could contribute to a promotion push. Rowett is a good coach with a certain style of play in mind, the key is to find players that fit into that way of playing without breaking the bank.

Personally think we will maybe get 2-3 players for fee's, 2-3 on free's then a couple of loans, will then use youth.

Personally would like us to try to keep Palmer on loan again, maybe get a winger + striker in on loan, Oli McBurnie would be decent like some mentioned previously.

The likes of Dack, Marriott & Maddison from Peterborough + Jordan Graham are exactly the type of players we should be targetting.

The quality and price of player we look to pay for will depend on who we get rid of. Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, Olsson, Blackman, Weimann, Pearce, Nugent, Jerome all have 1 year left then Martin + Anya also look out of favour, maybe even Keogh could go this summer. Time to cut our losses on a lot of them but still could get well over 10m for all of them without having to sell someone like Vydra. 

2 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

You can eject FIFA now mate

What's Fifa got to do with anything?

surely Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo etc would be a FIFA jibe. 

Most of those are either league ones young best players or actual wide players which we just don't have in this squad to loan from Prem teams as they are this season.

knudsen and Bryan are 2 of the best left backs in this league and both can defend first. 

None of those suggestions are out of reach or do you think we need to look at league 2 and below?

15 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

What's Fifa got to do with anything?

surely Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo etc would be a FIFA jibe. 

Most of those are either league ones young best players or actual wide players which we just don't have in this squad to loan from Prem teams as they are this season.

knudsen and Bryan are 2 of the best left backs in this league and both can defend first. 

None of those suggestions are out of reach or do you think we need to look at league 2 and below?

Realistically unless we sell up a few of our players we can't afford a few of the names on there, Bryan would be too expensive, Knudsen fair enough definitely agree with that one.

Woods - again too expensive.  would like to see all the suggestions at Derby but surely too much money would have to be used... 

Archived