18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Murphy or Maddison from Norwich:

get rid of Johnson, baird, forsyth, Olsson, thorne, maybe wisdom, shackell, pearce. maybe even Keogh

Need a brand new defence really, only defender in that team I'd still start would be Curtis Davies, desperately need a new Left Back. Forsyth one of the worst in the league, Olsson can only use his left foot.

Midfield lacks creativity, need a cheap Ruben Neves in the team we have no pace whatsoever with Hudds and Ledley.

Defence needs more pace, Baird cant get forward and back for 90 mins anymore hes passed it.

Need another quick and skilful winger like Murphy from Norwich to play with Lawrence on the other wing as at least he will have competition with a few of the young lads like Luke Thomas coming through the ranks.

Quality striker needed, Jerome is the worst ive seen in a Derby Shift since Connor Sammon. Id even go as far to say that Theo Robinson is better.

If we could sign Palmer (wouldn't happen) or loan him again then that would be brill, hes a joy to watch on the ball and brings energy into the team which we seriously lack. Could see that from the game at Wolves yday, I know theyre top but if were aiming for the same result as them in terms of going up we need to improve our creativity big time, takes them 2 or 3 passes and theyre already up the pitch in a great position whereas we cant even get into those good positions and its embarrassing! The difference in class going forward even in small teams with no big money names is embarrassing. We're miles off the pace and quality of even teams like Bristol City/Sheff Utd.

51 minutes ago, Ramara said:

get rid of Johnson, baird, forsyth, Olsson, thorne, maybe wisdom, shackell, pearce. maybe even Keogh

Need a brand new defence really, only defender in that team I'd still start would be Curtis Davies, desperately need a new Left Back. Forsyth one of the worst in the league, Olsson can only use his left foot.

Midfield lacks creativity, need a cheap Ruben Neves in the team we have no pace whatsoever with Hudds and Ledley.

Defence needs more pace, Baird cant get forward and back for 90 mins anymore hes passed it.

Need another quick and skilful winger like Murphy from Norwich to play with Lawrence on the other wing as at least he will have competition with a few of the young lads like Luke Thomas coming through the ranks.

Quality striker needed, Jerome is the worst ive seen in a Derby Shift since Connor Sammon. Id even go as far to say that Theo Robinson is better.

If we could sign Palmer (wouldn't happen) or loan him again then that would be brill, hes a joy to watch on the ball and brings energy into the team which we seriously lack. Could see that from the game at Wolves yday, I know theyre top but if were aiming for the same result as them in terms of going up we need to improve our creativity big time, takes them 2 or 3 passes and theyre already up the pitch in a great position whereas we cant even get into those good positions and its embarrassing! The difference in class going forward even in small teams with no big money names is embarrassing. We're miles off the pace and quality of even teams like Bristol City/Sheff Utd.

Is this a troll post????

A cheap ruben Neves...impossible, players like him don't come cheap. He is pure class.

Sell Wisdom ? Why

Josh Murphy and Maddison will cost 10m+ each

1 hour ago, Ramara said:

he's the only one, looking at our performance last night :lol:

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Is this a troll post????

A cheap ruben Neves...impossible, players like him don't come cheap. He is pure class.

Sell Wisdom ? Why

Josh Murphy and Maddison will cost 10m+ each

No I'm serious

Wisdom is very dodgy, if Josh Murphy will cost 10m each then we pay that. Wolves spent all that money and look where its got them.

was just a phrase when I said a cheap ruben neves. Someone who can bring the team forward from Midfield is needed. we have 0 legs in that midfield and something needs to change, and unfortunately it looks like we are going to have to completely rebuild. I'm sorry but there are about 6 players in the whole squad who id keep. Carson, davies, ledley, hudds, vydra, Lawrence and maybe Weimann as he is overrated.

We aren't going to pick up a quality striker for 1 or 2 mil, weve proved that with Jerome, hes dogshitt

2 hours ago, Ramara said:

Yeah that's what we could do with .... You've got the nail on the head, a cheap Ruben Neves , darn Derby scouting team why didn't they think of that.

Are you getting muddled with the Posh Maddison who might just about be in our price range? For a minute I thought you were suggesting that we try and get the Norwich Maddison who has been linked with a host of Premiership clubs offering tens of millions of pounds for him and mega bucks...................

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you getting muddled with the Posh Maddison who might just about be in our price range? For a minute I thought you were suggesting that we try and get the Norwich Maddison who has been linked with a host of Premiership clubs offering tens of millions of pounds for him and mega bucks...................

You really are rude

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It was a polite way of saying that suggestion was totally nuts!!!

Not nuts at all, look where Neves came from. I'm not saying bring in a foreign owner and spend about 50 million, I'm saying we need to do a lot of ins and outs. Even give players like Elsnik a chance. If Chris Martin is still as good as people think he is then give him another chance upfront but we cant keep buying old, slow "experience". Selling Will Hughes for so cheap was THE most ridiculous decision we have made for a while, he was worth so much more

30 minutes ago, Ramara said:

No I'm serious

Wisdom is very dodgy, if Josh Murphy will cost 10m each then we pay that. Wolves spent all that money and look where its got them.

was just a phrase when I said a cheap ruben neves. Someone who can bring the team forward from Midfield is needed. we have 0 legs in that midfield and something needs to change, and unfortunately it looks like we are going to have to completely rebuild. I'm sorry but there are about 6 players in the whole squad who id keep. Carson, davies, ledley, hudds, vydra, Lawrence and maybe Weimann as he is overrated.

We aren't going to pick up a quality striker for 1 or 2 mil, weve proved that with Jerome, hes dogshitt

Please, please, please show me where this money tree is.

My main targets would be:

Josh Brownhill form Bristol City and sell Johnson. Brownhill can play either as a right midfielder or centre midfielder and has lots of energy to allow us to play 4-3-3 again. It’s time we injected some young fresh blood into this side.

Ryan Woods who also has energy and has the creativity to play in a 2 in midfield.

Marcus Maddison- We haven’t got any left footed attacking players since Russell left so he would help to balance the team. He scores a lot of goals and assists and can play any position across a front 3 behind the forward.

Knudson- Left back from Ipswich and would be a huge upgrade on Forsyth and Olsson. He played with Lawrence last season and they formed a good understanding along the left side of Ipswich last season.

Will Grigg- Not just for the song but he has been on fire for Wigan this season. He has everything that Rowett likes with his workrate and is like a younger Nugent.

I wouldn’t mind selling Vydra to help fund these moves to help the team to become more balanced.

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My main targets would be:

Josh Brownhill form Bristol City and sell Johnson. Brownhill can play either as a right midfielder or centre midfielder and has lots of energy to allow us to play 4-3-3 again. It’s time we injected some young fresh blood into this side.

Ryan Woods who also has energy and has the creativity to play in a 2 in midfield.

Marcus Maddison- We haven’t got any left footed attacking players since Russell left so he would help to balance the team. He scores a lot of goals and assists and can play any position across a front 3 behind the forward.

Knudson- Left back from Ipswich and would be a huge upgrade on Forsyth and Olsson. He played with Lawrence last season and they formed a good understanding along the left side of Ipswich last season.

Will Grigg- Not just for the song but he has been on fire for Wigan this season. He has everything that Rowett likes with his workrate and is like a younger Nugent.

I wouldn’t mind selling Vydra to help fund these moves to help the team to become more balanced.

All would improve us no end, but it entirely depends on just how much we're willing to spend. Vydra is really our only valuable asset that we could get decent money for if we cashed in, but the money for him would probably pay for three of the players listed above at most.

Now if we could somehow manage to do straight swaps of Johnson for Brownhill, Butterfield for Woods, Olsson for Knudsen and Jerome for Grigg, your suggestions might be achievable without needing to sell our top scorer...

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

All would improve us no end, but it entirely depends on just how much we're willing to spend. Vydra is really our only valuable asset that we could get decent money for if we cashed in, but the money for him would probably pay for three of the players listed above at most.

Now if we could somehow manage to do straight swaps of Johnson for Brownhill, Butterfield for Woods, Olsson for Knudsen and Jerome for Grigg, your suggestions might be achievable without needing to sell our top scorer...

Claire Inces backpocket

38 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Brownhill is better than Weimann and his far better technically.

Woods would provide the energy and creativity in midfield which is what we lack.

Knudson is better than Olsson and Forsyth and formed a good partnership at Ipswich with Lawrence 

Grigg is better than Nugent and Jerome and is younger.

Maddison is a wild card which is what he have missed. He’d be like an Ince or Bamford who could create something out of nothing and has the potential to improve.

That’s easily fundable if we sold Vydra and it would reduce the average age of the squad. The likes of Johnson, Butterfield, Olsson, Forsyth, Anya, Jerome and Nugent will all have buyers but we will most likely have to take a reduced price for them. There will always be buyers and clubs as daft as we were to sign them.

Not nuts at all, look where Neves came from. I'm not saying bring in a foreign owner and spend about 50 million, I'm saying we need to do a lot of ins and outs. Even give players like Elsnik a chance. If Chris Martin is still as good as people think he is then give him another chance upfront but we cant keep buying old, slow "experience". Selling Will Hughes for so cheap was THE most ridiculous decision we have made for a while, he was worth so much more

The Maddison suggestion was....

52 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Brownhill is better than Weimann and his far better technically.

Woods would provide the energy and creativity in midfield which is what we lack.

Knudson is better than Olsson and Forsyth and formed a good partnership at Ipswich with Lawrence 

Grigg is better than Nugent and Jerome and is younger.

Maddison is a wild card which is what he have missed. He’d be like an Ince or Bamford who could create something out of nothing and has the potential to improve.

That’s easily fundable if we sold Vydra and it would reduce the average age of the squad. The likes of Johnson, Butterfield, Olsson, Forsyth, Anya, Jerome and Nugent will all have buyers but we will most likely have to take a reduced price for them. There will always be buyers and clubs as daft as we were to sign them.

It’s the Anya Butterfield johnson part that sticks in the throat as they simply have very limited ability in my personal opinion and cost a championship fortune 

Archived