18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

4 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Mel on RD sounded to me like this lot are good enough to get us up and will have to do. No spending in summer at all. Dunno. That's how I heard it. 

Well Mel was in the South Stand on Friday, I wonder if he still thinks that this current squad are in fact good enough to get promotion after what he witnessed?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, ram93 said:

Honeyman at Sunderland looks a decent player, caused us problems on Friday and just scored today. If they go down we could be more appealing to him

I'd have looked good against us on Friday and I'm drawing my pension.

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

I was impressed with Callum Robinson today. - thought he was skilful, direct and hungry

I think we were reportedly after him if we couldn’t get hold of Lawrence last summer. Nice footballer but needs to work on his finishing by my eye. 

On 3/31/2018 at 16:04, Nuwtfly said:

Just having a look at the current squad and wondering who I would like to keep, as well as who I would like to see Derby sell. I’ve crossed through every Derby player I would happily see leave for the right price (or any price in some cases).

GK: Carson, Mitchell, Roos

DEF: Wisdom, Baird, Keogh, Davies, Pearce, Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe

MID: Weimann, Anya, Bennett, Thomas, Johnson, Lawrence, Butterfield, Bryson, Hanson, Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Elsnick, Guy, Blackman.

FOR: Jerome, Nugent, Vydra, Martin.

Pretty depressing process going through that. Looking at it all those names written down like that really does make me wonder how Morris and Rowett can think we have a squad "capable of getting over the line." Some absolute dross in there. 

Totally Agree except I'd get rid of Mitchell as well when you look at the squad like you've put it theres a lot of work to be done and lets hope the football gets a bit easier on the eye :thumbsup:

Don’t know if suggested before but has anyone seen much of Max Power at Wigan? 

Watched him a couple times and has been energetic in midfield (something we massively lack). Grabbed 4 goals and 7 assists in league 1 so far this season and we could do with some of that from our midfielders. Reasonably youthful compared to our lot at 24 as well.

Can anyone add anything else? 

We need a lot of players this summer, if we’re sticking to 4231:

Backup goalie

Left back

Backup right back

Competition at centre back

New CM to play with huddlestone

New right winger

New competition at left winger

New striker

Thats gonna cost a lot, and I don’t think we’ve got the money

On 31/03/2018 at 16:04, Nuwtfly said:

Just having a look at the current squad and wondering who I would like to keep, as well as who I would like to see Derby sell. I’ve crossed through every Derby player I would happily see leave for the right price (or any price in some cases).

GK: Carson, Mitchell, Roos

DEF: Wisdom, Baird, Keogh, Davies, Pearce, Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe

MID: Weimann, Anya, Bennett, Thomas, Johnson, Lawrence, Butterfield, Bryson, Hanson, Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Elsnick, Guy, Blackman.

FOR: Jerome, Nugent, Vydra, Martin.

Pretty depressing process going through that. Looking at it all those names written down like that really does make me wonder how Morris and Rowett can think we have a squad "capable of getting over the line." Some absolute dross in there. 

BLACKMAN?!!!

Squad/players who have featured for the first team (Bird missing but at 16/17 will probably have to keep performing in the U23s first)

5ac4b35ad3b2e_ScreenShot2018-04-04at12_13_03.png.74704d258562d3d2f3370143a5d0c652.png

Potential formations. 

5ac4b391c7f51_ScreenShot2018-04-04at12_13_15.png.7bae9b365f9bafb4459143d3137da58b.png

5ac4b38b9946f_ScreenShot2018-04-04at12_13_11.png.1a7776cc7f4891ce397bf30d3dd3964e.png

5ac4b39abbb3f_ScreenShot2018-04-04at12_13_19.png.61ec7612fc9aed5680677b22e7426dae.png

Is it easier to see what is missing/who needs replacing when you look at depth and options for each formation we've been tempted to play? 

As much as people clamour for the 343 I don't think we have the personnel for it. 

Personally I'd like to see 433 at home (against people we'd be favourites against), 4231 away and for home games we may find challenging (ie Fulham/Villa etc).

I think this just highlights that we're probably further from where we need to be than I'd initially expected, there is a lot to do. 

There is quality within the squad and there is grit, it just needs the right balance to be found with some energetic additions centrally. 

23 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

according to hitc we are favourites to sign joey barton not sure how i feel about this, he is better then most of what we already have him and huddlestone could be a very strong midfield! 

Did they publish this on April 1st by any chance????

2 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

according to hitc we are favourites to sign joey barton not sure how i feel about this, he is better then most of what we already have him and huddlestone could be a very strong midfield! 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Did they publish this on April 1st by any chance????

It's HITC - every post may as well be on April 1st... 

Archived