18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I know it's ambitious but he's not going to get games at Chelsea . It's either the champ or abroad ? 

Don't get me wrong Riddings, I'd be giddy as fook if he rocked up at PP but there'll be a long line of top flight clubs here and abroad looking to take the lad, least I reckon as much. It's a nice thought though. He'd be a destroyer in the championship.

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'd take a chance on Lansbury, on loan. I'm not sure how confident I would be attaching a permanent deal on the end of it, but he's certainly a player that could do the 'Bryson/Johnson' role & he's a better footballer technically. 

Feel he's one of the most overrated players in the division, somehow still living off his reputation as a youngster. Not looked closely, but has he really done anything of the slightest significance for years? 

Watched a bit of Blackburn tonight as my mate is a big rovers fan and bangs on about Dack, so wanted see for myself....he was injured!

But Joe Rothwell played centre mid. Combative energetic good on the ball and absolutely smashes people. Was at heart of everything they did, their Man of the Match. If he plays like that every week, he’s definitely someone we should consider

There's definitely going to be movement IN as well as out over the next week. 

Frank talking about an 'inkling' along with saying he doesn't want to talk about anything until it's done. I think we could be in for a very interesting week. 

My suspicion is we'll see a midfielder come in from Spain or Germany. Just a feeling. No ITK. It's going to come from absolutely nowhere. 

19 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

There's definitely going to be movement IN as well as out over the next week. 

Frank talking about an 'inkling' along with saying he doesn't want to talk about anything until it's done. I think we could be in for a very interesting week. 

My suspicion is we'll see a midfielder come in from Spain or Germany. Just a feeling. No ITK. It's going to come from absolutely nowhere. 

I reckon we will see 3 or 4 outs (a couple loan to perm, Cameron and Butters and a couple of youngsters out on loan, including Elsnik) and maybe 1 in....

So, it would seem to me that the Manager and Owner would ideally like to see 5 or 6 players go by the 31st of this month. 3 days to seal deals of some sort for Anya, Butterfield, Jerome, Martin, Thorne and (perhaps) Pearce.  I wonder how many will go given they appear to have no immediate chances of playing again for the first team. I wonder too if we have one more loan deal up our sleeves? Should be an interesting couple of days.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

So, it would seem to me that the Manager and Owner would ideally like to see 5 or 6 players go by the 31st of this month. 3 days to seal deals of some sort for Anya, Butterfield, Jerome, Martin, Thorne and (perhaps) Pearce.  I wonder how many will go given they appear to have no immediate chances of playing again for the first team. I wonder too if we have one more loan deal up our sleeves? Should be an interesting couple of days.

Millwall are soon to be in need of a midfielder with Saville leaving so wouldn't surprise me to see them take Butterfield or Thorne on loan 

8 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Millwall are soon to be in need of a midfielder with Saville leaving so wouldn't surprise me to see them take Butterfield or Thorne on loan 

I think l read somewhere, probably on here, that Butterfield had no interest moving south. Might be purely rumour, but to add fuel l wonder if him digging his heels in might be why he hasn’t seen any u23 action since the first game?  Perhaps he is being frozen out?

Jerome and Pearce look the easiest to move on to me.  Thorne too might get a deal, although if loan perhaps we may need to underwrite some of the fee/wages given he could unfortunately breakdown again. Carl Sagan l think alluded to the idea that QPR might have more interest if their hands were not tied in January - not sure if we would want to let him go all season, but QPR are likely to only want deals that cover them through to season end.

Based on wages, and recent season form, Anya, Butterfield and Martin look to me the more difficult to move on. 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I think l read somewhere, probably on here, that Butterfield had no interest moving south. Might be purely rumour, but to add fuel l wonder if him digging his heels in might be why he hasn’t seen any u23 action since the first game?  Perhaps he is being frozen out?

I've been trying to work out if there's any logic in who has and hasn't been featuring for the u23s - Thought originally maybe it was "getting people in the window" then "trying to get them fit for potential first team squad action" but hard to say

Butterfield and Pearce don't seem to feature in either squad

Martin and Thorne regulars for the u23s

Anya back in for last two u23 games

Very little sign of Jerome anywhere

Assuming Huddlestone, Ledley, Bryson, Johnson and Nugent are part of the first team picture for now - With Nugent being slowly phased out

7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I've been trying to work out if there's any logic in who has and hasn't been featuring for the u23s - Thought originally maybe it was "getting people in the window" then "trying to get them fit for potential first team squad action" but hard to say

Butterfield and Pearce don't seem to feature in either squad

Martin and Thorne regulars for the u23s

Anya back in for last two u23 games

Very little sign of Jerome anywhere

Assuming Huddlestone, Ledley, Bryson, Johnson and Nugent are part of the first team picture for now - With Nugent being slowly phased out

Glad it's not just me that's been obsessing over the possible permutations ? Think your comment on Nugent is interesting. I'd marked him down as one we might look at shifting but I think he's such a positive influence as well as being a great role model and tutor for the likes of Waggy and Jack that he's worth more than his potential transfer value. Watching him celebrate with the younger lads and popping an arm around them when things aren't going well has been really telling. He always seems genuinely delighted when the boys score and along with Tricky makes sure they know they've done well. Gotta love that really so I'm really pleased to be proved wrong (again!). The way he works he'll be done by Christmas as he leaves everything on the pitch, but by then we'll have a few lads who will have been schooled by a master. Shrewd work from Frank and Jody, I reckon.

PistoldPete2
On 24/08/2018 at 11:14, gccrowdpleaser said:

Agree. Suspect Butters, Guy, Elsnik And possibly Martin. I can see Clough picking Martin up. 

Really I would expect loads out on loan... our squad is huge.  jerome, Martin, Thorne, Anya , Butterfield ; none of them have featured and I would expect them all to go out. Plus Elsnik, Guy, Lowe maybe a few others.

On 24/08/2018 at 11:14, gccrowdpleaser said:

Agree. Suspect Butters, Guy, Elsnik And possibly Martin. I can see Clough picking Martin up. 

I'd be amazed if Martin was prepared to drop down to League 1 with a probable relegation battle on his hands

Archived