18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

who would be ? realistic ?

Really not sure. Looked through prem squads and nothing stands out. Maybe... I know it's unrealistic... But Drinkwater on loan until Christmas would do a job. Evans could be the answer but not seen enough. Could even be Huddlestone but question whether we want to find that out over the next few weeks. I expect Evans to start tomorrow. 

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'd take a chance on Lansbury, on loan. I'm not sure how confident I would be attaching a permanent deal on the end of it, but he's certainly a player that could do the 'Bryson/Johnson' role & he's a better footballer technically. 

Would they let him out on loan to a rival without a compulsory purchase attached to it? 

Probably cost a fair few bob and looking at his career he’s yet to complete a full season, 36 games for Forest one year is the best it got. 

6 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Really not sure. Looked through prem squads and nothing stands out. Maybe... I know it's unrealistic... But Drinkwater on loan until Christmas would do a job. Evans could be the answer but not seen enough. Could even be Huddlestone but question whether we want to find that out over the next few weeks. I expect Evans to start tomorrow. 

That’s exactly what I thought until I realised what wages he’ll be on !☹️

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'd take a chance on Lansbury, on loan. I'm not sure how confident I would be attaching a permanent deal on the end of it, but he's certainly a player that could do the 'Bryson/Johnson' role & he's a better footballer technically. 

Well he hasn’t and doesn’t look anywhere near the villa team which sort of puts him in the Butterfield position- swap him with his wages part paid 

Peterborough United have a record of discovering striking talent. Dwight Gayle for example. 

They have signed Dembele Who played against us for Grimsby last season. He will be their next talent who they make a profit on.

1 hour ago, David said:

Would they let him out on loan to a rival without a compulsory purchase attached to it? 

Probably cost a fair few bob and looking at his career he’s yet to complete a full season, 36 games for Forest one year is the best it got. 

Aye, but I think if we were to pay his wages which is clearly the issue they will be open to it. He didn't even make the squad at the weekend, McGinn has knocked him out of favour. It depends on a lot of things, but they're paying him £40k-a-week I think & if he isn't in the squad then it's a lot of money wasted. Fortunately it's a type of player we could really deal with at the moment. 

23 hours ago, Carnero said:

Tomori?

I keep thinking this. I reckon he'd be a brilliant CDM. Strong quick and can pass. I'm not at all convinced that he's a centre half.

11 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Chelsea paid £35 million for him less than a year ago. Even Frank ain't gonna be able to pull that one off (no 'Oooh matron' jokes, please ?)

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, I'd take him on loan for the season if we don't have to guarantee the purchase in the summer. If we could get him back to how he was at Forest then he's a very good player at this level. 

Archived