18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Sell him and Olsson and buy a new left back with Lowe as a back up.

Easier said than done. Why would a player on the contract of their career give it up to go somewhere where they’d be lucky to earn half of what they’re getting now?  And who wants them?

I said it last summer, and the year before, Aiden Mcgeady is the sort of player we dont have. The amount of times our wide players have an opportunity to find a player in the box and they fail.  

He isnt a Rowett type player, and probobly a year too late, but he would of done well for us this season. 

Lawrence v McGeady.......   I know who id prefer.  

Just having a look at the current squad and wondering who I would like to keep, as well as who I would like to see Derby sell. I’ve crossed through every Derby player I would happily see leave for the right price (or any price in some cases).

GK: Carson, Mitchell, Roos

DEF: Wisdom, Baird, Keogh, Davies, Pearce, Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe

MID: Weimann, Anya, Bennett, Thomas, Johnson, Lawrence, Butterfield, Bryson, Hanson, Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Elsnick, Guy, Blackman.

FOR: Jerome, Nugent, Vydra, Martin.

Pretty depressing process going through that. Looking at it all those names written down like that really does make me wonder how Morris and Rowett can think we have a squad "capable of getting over the line." Some absolute dross in there. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just having a look at the current squad and wondering who I would like to keep, as well as who I would like to see Derby sell. I’ve crossed through every Derby player I would happily see leave for the right price (or any price in some cases).

MID: Weimann, Anya, Bennett, Thomas, Johnson, Lawrence, Butterfield, Bryson, Hanson, Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Elsnick, Guy, Blackman.

Pretty depressing process going through that. Looking at it all those names written down like that really does make me wonder how Morris and Rowett can think we have a squad "capable of getting over the line." Some absolute dross in there. 

With the exception of Blackman,I’d agree totally with your assessment

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

What you seen from Blackman that makes you think he could do a job here ? Not being sarcastic genuinely asking ? 

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What you seen from Blackman that makes you think he could do a job here ? Not being sarcastic genuinely asking ? 

Personally, I think there’s a good player in there somewhere. He’s never been played in his best position at Derby (that’s the right hand side of a 4-2-3-1 by the way). If he had been given the minutes Weimann has been, I think Derby would have a decent enough player on their hands.

I appreciate that I am in the minority in that assessment, but I’m just going by what I’ve seen and what I’ve heard from people who have watched him in training. 

37 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Personally, I think there’s a good player in there somewhere. He’s never been played in his best position at Derby (that’s the right hand side of a 4-2-3-1 by the way). If he had been given the minutes Weimann has been, I think Derby would have a decent enough player on their hands.

I appreciate that I am in the minority in that assessment, but I’m just going by what I’ve seen and what I’ve heard from people who have watched him in training. 

When Redknapp had his brief wired spell here with Daz Waz he always said Blackman was the best he'd seen in training here. 

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Im maybe biased mate, but I saw Nick Blackman labour his way through a loan spell at Aberdeen a few years ago and was astonished he was playing Championship football and got £m worth of transfer fees. 

Bring him back and give him a chance to see what he can do. Play him centre forward and give him a partner. Cant be any worse than the current system. 

On 25 March 2018 at 10:03, brankostrupar said:

Yes I know.....I should be a scout

Anderlecht to Derby?

i admire your optimism

15 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

First saw him play for Nige up at Sheff United. That day I couldn't see one iota of a player and Nowt I've seen since has displaced that notion. 

37 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

First saw him play for Nige up at Sheff United. That day I couldn't see one iota of a player and Nowt I've seen since has displaced that notion. 

That’s fair enough. You didn’t see him play for Reading then? 

32 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Nope not once but I read that he did well for them. Who was the coach there for him? 

Brian McDermott (I think!) - he was the league’s top goal scorer in December, and all front the right hand side of a 4-2-3-1 (an area we’re pretty poor in!)

Archived