18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

1 hour ago, 'Rambe33 said:

A slow day at work so put this together...

Positions of Priority and a potential shopping list. All could change depending on the end to the season for us and the teams in question. Also some may look ambitious but thinking if teams buy in these positions as well making players more attainable to get: 

Left Back -  Knudsen (Tractor Land) permanent, Luke Garbutt (Everton) loan, Matt Targett (Southampton) loan, Borthwick-Jackson (Manure) loan, Lee Wallace (Rangers) perm. 

Centre Mid- Ryan Woods (Brentford) perm, Ben Pearson (Preston) perm, Marlon Pack (Bristol City perm, Josh Vela (Bolton) perm, Sam Field (WBA), Aleix Garcia (Man City) loan 

Wingers: Grant Ward (Ipswich) permRolando Aarons (Newcastle) perm/loan, Paul Smyth (QPR) perm, Jonathan Leko (WBA), Maitalnd-Niles (Arsenal), Charly Musonda (Chelsea) loan, Patrick Roberts (Man City) loan, Lookman (Everton) ? Try again in the summer... 

Strikers: Lukas Nnemcha (Man City) loan, Conor Wickham (Crystal Palace) perm, Leo Ulloa (Brighton) perm, Sam Baldock (Brighton) Perm, Shane Long (Southampton) perm, Solanke (Liverpool) loan

Reaches for tin hat... 

Rambe33  I see you have Lukas Nnemcha on loan what a player this lad is ( and his brother ) watched him the under23 last week he's got the lot great control and positional play can score any type of goal Hence his hat trick what a signing he would be only 18 and English  The other player who looked rally good was the left winger Luke Bolton extremely fast and direct two footed for our defence to bits would be great loans 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Rambe33  I see you have Lukas Nnemcha on loan what a player this lad is ( and his brother ) watched him the under23 last week he's got the lot great control and positional play can score any type of goal Hence his hat trick what a signing he would be only 18 and English  The other player who looked rally good was the left winger Luke Bolton extremely fast and direct two footed for our defence to bits would be great loans 

Hey @Mistaram yeah, a friend of mine works on the Strength and conditioning team at City, and mentioned him a while ago when I went up there to visit. 
His sheer size and strength alone stands out (my mate must be doing something right), and when I saw him play he really impressed. Strong, Direct, great feet and also links up play brilliantly. My thinking was could have the same impact Tammy Abraham had at Bristol City. Realtively unknown quantity just needs a chance in League football. In my opinion Tammy Abraham would have benefitted from one more season in championship football but he set the Prem move up from what he did at Bristol so understandable he got the move to Swansea. 

25 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Hey @Mistaram yeah, a friend of mine works on the Strength and conditioning team at City, and mentioned him a while ago when I went up there to visit. 
His sheer size and strength alone stands out (my mate must be doing something right), and when I saw him play he really impressed. Strong, Direct, great feet and also links up play brilliantly. My thinking was could have the same impact Tammy Abraham had at Bristol City. Realtively unknown quantity just needs a chance in League football. In my opinion Tammy Abraham would have benefitted from one more season in championship football but he set the Prem move up from what he did at Bristol so understandable he got the move to Swansea. 

Yes funny you should say that about Abraham because I thought of him as soon as saw him  Hope somebody at our club was as impressed as myself and the people around me were with him Like to see him with Vyds and Palmer his brother looked good as well 

On 12/03/2018 at 16:36, sage said:

I think we need to make 6 signings. Four first team players and 2 squad players. This is based on how Rowett seems to want to play.

A new LB. It doesn't look like Forsyth will return to his former heights. Would be happy for him to be back up. 

A new DCM. We need someone who is better on the ball than Johnson and with some pace. Huddlestone needs a more mobile foil.

A winger.This is our weakest area IMO and Weimann or Lawrence may seem more acceptable if someone better is on the otherside.

A new CF. Martin doesn't suit how we play and Nugent and/or Jerome are only sub level now for me. 

A new young LCB. It is the weakest area of our u23 squad and we need a 4th choice after Baird is released.

Am experienced half decent GK. Don't rate Roos and i'm not convinced about Mitchell if Carson is out for weeks/months.

Pretty much agree.

I said around deadline day, get an experienced bench warmer and loan Mitchell out and that still stands. Mitchell needs minutes to see if he is first team material.

Need a right back to replace Baird who will offer some competition for Wisdom and a left back to vie with Lowe for that position. Ideally I'd like a definitive first choice for both spots to save GRs tinkering.

I'd like an up and coming centre half, Davies probably won't be playing every game next year so let's groom a replacement. There's always talked about young defenders in the lower leagues and Scotland so let's gamble on one of them and develop him.

Midfield needs a runner, someone to be the legs for whoever else is playing.

We're still desperate for that winger we needed before Ince left. Let's keep faith with Lawrence and work out how to get him back to his Ipswich form, and get someone nailed down for first choice on the other flank.

Up front we need to spend big on an allrounder, the sort of player you look at and say he's a 20 goal a season man. Not to mention I'd bring Winnall back if we could swing that.

4 first choice players and 4 decent back ups to be a promotion chasing side.

The problem here is you need say 500k for a keeper, 1m for a right back, 1.5m for a centre back, 2m for a left back, 3m for a midfielder, 5m for a winger, 10m for a striker, and 1.5m for Winnall, and before you know it that's pushing 25m even if you get the players you want at good prices.

Let's say uncle Mel gives us around 10m as we are clear of ffp spend 3 years back and shifted Bent and Shackell off the books, and we do a bit of a fire sale of the loaned out and deadwood (perceived and actual) for another 5 or 6m, that's still a way short of what we need to push on.

So your options are bargain signings instead who are rarely exactly what you need, loans, or sacrifice Vydra for enough to bring in a replacement and a bit more besides. Maybe a mix of the three.

Tammy Abraham hasn't done much for Swansea but if there's a chance of him dropping down a level next season I'm sure there are goals in him. Probably more than we can afford.

18 hours ago, Rample said:

The problem here is you need say 500k for a keeper, 1m for a right back, 1.5m for a centre back, 2m for a left back, 3m for a midfielder, 5m for a winger, 10m for a striker, and 1.5m for Winnall, and before you know it that's pushing 25m even if you get the players you want at good prices.

Wednesday will want £15m for him as compensation for us giving them Butterfield on loan

I would like to see the bulk of the summer transfer budget spent on a real quality striker and the other positions filled with our younger players we already have like Elsnik, Lowe, Bogle and maybe Max Bird ( what happened to him ?) . 

5 hours ago, Ram79 said:

I would like to see the bulk of the summer transfer budget spent on a real quality striker and the other positions filled with our younger players we already have like Elsnik, Lowe, Bogle and maybe Max Bird ( what happened to him ?) . 

Those fooking 17th birthdays, those can ruin anything.

12 hours ago, Ram79 said:

Looking classy for the under 23s, last time I saw him. Has taken a bit of time to recover from an injury but now getting back to his best. Needs to keep eating the Weetabix! 

1 minute ago, lukedcfc said:

Like the look of Qprs left back Jake bidwell, lots of energy and can attack and defend. 

Yes very good left back always liked him when he captained Brentford he's one of them that takes no prisoners 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'd like to sign Sammy Ameobi just for his name! Football heaven. 

Think of all the fantastic songs we could sing with a name like that...

"Da da da da Sammy Ameobi", for one.

Oo or "There's only one Sammy Ameobi"

Sign him up!!!

13 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Reece Burke and Sammy Ameobi looking very good against Villa here. Wouldn't mind them in our ranks next season.

I’m with you on Sammy Ameobi. Looked good last night against Villa. Lots of similarities with Palmer. If we can’t get Palmer then would be good alternative. I’d like to see Josh Vela from Bolton also. Looks a decent player and certainly has the energy we lack.

Obviously only want these guys IF we are in the Championship next season!!

Archived