18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

4 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

Kasey Palmer needs to be made a permanent signing imo

We also need a younger pacey striker that can link up with Vydra well. If (more than likely) West Brom go down I think Rondon would be a great fit here but I reckon his value may be too high.

If we get promoted I would love to see us battle it out to sign Bamba

Left Back is a real issue for us. As much as it pains me to say, Ashley Young will be free in the summer and could do a job for us for a season in either division

Bobby Reid of Bristol City or Marriott from Peterboro

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

If Glenn Murray can become an effective Premier League striker, I'm damn sure Chris Martin could too.

Martin is miles behind Murray in heading, movement and physicality and attitude. Also stays on his feet 

centre back- John souttar: been linked a lot over the last few years wouldn’t cost a lot and only 21 years old 

left back- Jonas knusden: been consistent for Ipswich over the last couple of years, still only 24 could thrive in a better team 

Centre mid- Bradley Dack: consistently scored goals in league one over the last couple of years could certainly make the step up  

Winger- Jordan graham: throwing him in as were apparently signing him for free at the end of the season, was once one of the best players in the champ Rowett could certainly get that form out of him before his injury

Attacking midfield- Kasey Palmer: get him back on loan for next season he’s a cut above everyone else in the squad, has amazing quality on the ball as we’ve all seen would love him back next season

striker- Sam Winnall: sign him permanently, can’t help but feel we’ve missed him since his injury been quality for us up until he got injured 

Striker- Alfredo Morelos: arguably rangers best player this season has pace & power, knows where the net is too only 23 years old 

1 hour ago, Kyle guest said:

Striker- Alfredo Morelos: arguably rangers best player this season has pace & power, knows where the net is too only 23 years old 

21 years old, Rangers turned down bids from China in the last window, figures said to be into double figures. Can't see that one being in range

centre back- John souttar: been linked a lot over the last few years wouldn’t cost a lot and only 21 years old 

left back- Jonas knusden: been consistent for Ipswich over the last couple of years, still only 24 could thrive in a better team 

Centre mid- Bradley Dack: consistently scored goals in league one over the last couple of years could certainly make the step up  

Winger- Jordan graham: throwing him in as were apparently signing him for free at the end of the season, was once one of the best players in the champ Rowett could certainly get that form out of him before his injury

Attacking midfield- Kasey Palmer: get him back on loan for next season he’s a cut above everyone else in the squad, has amazing quality on the ball as we’ve all seen would love him back next season

striker- Sam Winnall: sign him permanently, can’t help but feel we’ve missed him since his injury been quality for us up until he got injured 

He is aged 23 and has 23 career appearances and has scored 1 goal. 

Blackburn turned down £4m in Jan.

50 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Could alternatively look at someone like Maddison who’d probably cost £4m at a maximum 

Really? with Spurs sniffing around him?

43 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

sorry didn't mean to quote you

Suspect we'll have a decent chunk of wages to play with:

Contracted to 2018 - Johnny RussellDarren Bent, Chris Baird, Jason Shackell, Jamie Hanson, Kelle Roos, Joe Ledley

I recall hearing that Hanson had been offered a new contract, so we'll see a pittance in for him if he doesn't sign up - don't see any of the others renewing, save for maybe another year for Baird and/or Ledley. I can imagine the bolded three are on a fair amount each.

Contracted to 2019 - Craig Bryson, Andreas Weimann, Jacob Butterfield, Bradley Johnson, Nick Blackman, Marcus Olsson, David Nugent, Curtis Davies*, Tom Huddlestone*

I don't see Butterfield, Blackman or Bryson staying on beyond the end of the season. Would be nice if we could get something for this pair, but doubt we'll breach £1.5-2m for all three.

The rest will probably depend on what league we finish in this season. But I'd daresay Johnson and Weimann will see an extension, with the *optional year taken with those two.

A slow day at work so put this together...

Positions of Priority and a potential shopping list. All could change depending on the end to the season for us and the teams in question. Also some may look ambitious but thinking if teams buy in these positions as well making players more attainable to get: 

Left Back -  Knudsen (Tractor Land) permanent, Luke Garbutt (Everton) loan, Matt Targett (Southampton) loan, Borthwick-Jackson (Manure) loan, Lee Wallace (Rangers) perm. 

Centre Mid- Ryan Woods (Brentford) perm, Ben Pearson (Preston) perm, Marlon Pack (Bristol City perm, Josh Vela (Bolton) perm, Sam Field (WBA), Aleix Garcia (Man City) loan 

Wingers: Grant Ward (Ipswich) permRolando Aarons (Newcastle) perm/loan, Paul Smyth (QPR) perm, Jonathan Leko (WBA), Maitalnd-Niles (Arsenal), Charly Musonda (Chelsea) loan, Patrick Roberts (Man City) loan, Lookman (Everton) ? Try again in the summer... 

Strikers: Lukas Nnemcha (Man City) loan, Conor Wickham (Crystal Palace) perm, Leo Ulloa (Brighton) perm, Sam Baldock (Brighton) Perm, Shane Long (Southampton) perm, Solanke (Liverpool) loan

Reaches for tin hat... 

Left-Back: Max Lowe

Centre-Half: John Souttar (Hearts) 

Centre-Midfield: Timi Max Elsnik and a loan signing from the Prem, such as Kasey Palmer. Would love to see us sign someone like Ryan Woods (Brentford) too, but they'll ask for a lot.

Wingers: Jordan Graham (Wolves) on a free will be a great start. I'd like to see us sign two young wingers in the summer, personally. A Jonathan Leko (West Brom) or Charly Musonda (Chelsea) would be great, if possible. 

Striker: Here's where I'd like us to spend some money. I personally think we are going to need a seriously quality number nine if we want to get promoted. If you look at Villa, Wolves, Cardiff, Boro, and now Fulham, they've all got a number nine who can get you 20+ goals in a season. I'd love to see us sign Nelson Oliveira (Norwich) or Che Adams (Birmingham City).  

On 13/03/2018 at 12:45, Jimbo Ram said:

How much are you willing to pay in salary a week for Ashley Young in the Championship? You think he would drop a division when probably half the teams in the Prem will be wanting to sign him and on much bigger wages?????????????????????????????????

Well getting rid of Bent, Shackell and the rest of the big earners would free up the wage bill.

Didnt neccesarily say if we are a championship team but he could do 2 years for us?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

5 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Well getting rid of Bent, Shackell and the rest of the big earners would free up the wage bill.

Didnt neccesarily say if we are a championship team but he could do 2 years for us?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

prefer to have Carrick as Sweeper / Captain - player / Ast manager - bit Mackay esq

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

prefer to have Carrick as Sweeper / Captain - player / Ast manager - bit Mackay esq

Hes certain to hang up his boots in the summer and focus on his foundation and getting the rest of his badges if he hasnt got them already.

Would be an incredible assistant manager though

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Contracted to 2018 - Johnny RussellDarren Bent, Chris Baird, Jason Shackell, Jamie Hanson, Kelle Roos, Joe Ledley

I recall hearing that Hanson had been offered a new contract, so we'll see a pittance in for him if he doesn't sign up - don't see any of the others renewing, save for maybe another year for Baird and/or Ledley. I can imagine the bolded three are on a fair amount each.

Ledley signed an extension till the end of next season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42158563

Archived