Jamie Carragher

MuespachRam

3 hours ago, David said:

True, but he wasn't at work, he was in the car on the way home.

Would you be sacked for spitting on someone outside of work? Unlikely......unless it was at your boss in the Tesco meat aisle.

Lost his head clearly, said himself no excuses, doesn't matter how long the guy was following him for giving it some, gobbing on someone is disgusting. Shouldn't lose his job for it though.

I disagree. I think he should and will lose his job; it is totally unacceptable behaviour and by association Sky Sports are involved; and I strongly suspect that he will be removed from his £1m per annum job for it. Pure stupidity on his part. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ellafella said:

I disagree. I think he should and will lose his job; it is totally unacceptable behaviour and by association Sky Sports are involved; and I strongly suspect that he will be removed from his £1m per annum job for it. Pure stupidity on his part. 

Can he keep his Telegraph job then?

Sith Happens

Those saying he should lose his job, i do get your point. I just wonder if we are too keen to demand people lose their jobs just because they are in the privileged positions they are?

I do dare bet there is something in his contract that will allow him to be sacked should they choose to.

It is disgusting what he did and although the guy in the other car is clearly a muppet he should have just ignored them, what could he really have said or done that was that bad to warrant spitting in a moving car?

I think Sky will warn him of his responsibilities and tell him if anything happens again then he's gone.

32 minutes ago, David said:

Can he keep his Telegraph job then?

I guess @David it comes down to his contract wording; these days employment contracts often have a clause in about "any behaviour bringing the employer into disrepute".... JC is now firmly associated in the public eye of being a Sky Sports pundit so I strongly suspect they will have no choice but to sack him. If he's very lucky, he might get away with disappearing for a few weeks then mysteriously re-appearing when it's blown over but I doubt it.  With regard to the Telegraph, his "public association" with them is less well-known so he might be get away with that. We'll see. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/12/jamie-carragher-dropped-by-danish-broadcaster-after-spitting-incident

post script "

Mirror Football understand that Sky are not likely to sack Carragher, but he will spend two weeks off screen as part of a break that was already booked prior to the video becoming public.

Gary Neville will feature on Monday Night Football alongside Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers as a three-pronged pundit panel becomes two."

not sure spitting from a moving vehicle is enough to lose your livelihood over. I've seen some of the things football fans do on a Saturday afternoon, most would lose their job if their employers adopted a consistent mindset with them.

12 minutes ago, Moist One said:

not sure spitting from a moving vehicle is enough to lose your livelihood over. I've seen some of the things football fans do on a Saturday afternoon, most would lose their job if their employers adopted a consistent mindset with them.

It's not just spitting from a moving vehicle though is it; it's an adult spitting on a teenage girl which is classified as assault. 

44 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Why are peoples automatic responses that someone should be sacked from their job? I will never understand that mindset. 

When the alleged offence is classified as gross misconduct then a potential sanction is instant dismissal.  

2 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Now we just need to see if the guy filming it has been suspended from driving, and justice will be done. :ph34r:

At least 6 points, but additionally I think he is at least driving without due care and attention in addition to his mobile phone usage.

And I know I'd be dismissed if a spat at a member of the public whilst at work. I'm not sure what'd happen if someone sent my boss a video of me doing something like that outside of work, if however I brought m employer into the national pres by it, I wouldn't fancy my chances so much.

The guy filming it is obviously an utter moron, Carragher is an unpleasant man in this instance and the only person in this whole thing not really worthy of some level of contempt is the girl who got spat on. I'm pretty sure Carragher would've been trying to spit at the filmer, but it's not really much better.

He'll probably be back after it's blown over and lose some wages due to it, and I very much hope the driver gets a word from the local constabulary.

From the BBC article on his suspension

Carragher was supposed to be acting as a pundit for Danish television channel TV3 Sport, which is part of the Modern Times Group media company, for the second leg of Manchester United's last-16 Champions League tie at home to Sevilla on Tuesday.

However, he has been pulled from their coverage as they investigate the spitting incident, with MTG Sport executive vice-president Peter Norrelund saying they had sent an employee to speak to Carragher before deciding what further action to take.

If you spit at someone deliberately it is assault.

Should people lose their jobs if they assault people? How can the target defend themselves, what emotional and physical impact could happen, what if the saliva was riddled with pox?

Archived