Jamie Carragher

MuespachRam

Just now, Inglorius said:

Am sorry David he quite clearly is a high profile television personality whom everyone knows works for Sky Sports -this is common knowledge. Given these facts the acceptable implication would be that Sky have a high profile employee of theirs that now has been filmed spitting at an individual therefore directly linking this abhorrent behaviour to their organisation. 

Ok, but whilst it's a disgusting act, not arguing that at all.....Kirsty Gallacher, banned from driving for 2 years having been caught drink driving, 3 times over the limit, an act which could endanger lives. Known as a high profile television personality whom everyone knows works for Sky Sports, still in a job there. 

Do you really see Sky Sports sacking Carragher for this and not Gallacher?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Ok, but whilst it's a disgusting act, not arguing that at all.....Kirsty Gallacher, banned from driving for 2 years having been caught drink driving, 3 times over the limit, an act which could endanger lives. Known as a high profile television personality whom everyone knows works for Sky Sports, still in a job there. 

Absolutely!

For one thing, Carragher doesn't have a cracking pair of norks :whistle:

Just now, David said:

Fair point, Sky could argue that Gallacher has already been punished by our judicial system so they see no mileage in punishing her twice especially if her ability to make herself available for work isn't reduced with her driving ban seeing as I imagine she can more than afford a chauffeur.

Problem Carragher has is one it's probably more socially acceptable to drink and drive then it is to spit in someone's face which could be deemed as assault and two the whole episode was filmed and is now doing the rounds on our national tabloids and YouTube. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

IMHO I'd sack them both, they are both in privileged positions in a high profile company - to be seen to be doing the 'right thing' I'd let them both go.

Regardless. how can Carragher comment on future spitting in a match for Sky now without looking like a complete and utter twa hypocrite? Talking of which he's probably passed judgement on that kind of thing before, if he has it would be interesting to see what he said!

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Absolutely!

For one thing, Carragher doesn't have a cracking pair of norks :whistle:

No but he is a massive tit.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

IMHO I'd sack them both, they are both in privileged positions in a high profile company - to be seen to be doing the 'right thing' I'd let them both go.

Regardless. how can Carragher comment on future spitting in a match for Sky now without looking like a complete and utter twa hypocrite? Talking of which he's probably passed judgement on that kind of thing before, if he has it would be interesting to see what he said!

If Carragher had a shred of integrity in him he would resign immediately.

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

When then Manchester United’s Jonny Evans and Newcastle United’s Papiss Cisse were handed six and seven-match bans respectively for the offence, he said their punishment was “a little excessive” if compared to an “over-the-top tackle that would ‘only’ get three games”.

Carragher wrote: “As usual, there have been people who have said, ‘It is the worst thing that can happen on a pitch’; it is vile but let me assure you – I’d have preferred Lucas Neill to have spat the day he broke my leg in September 2003!”

He added he was “shocked more than angry” when Celta Vigo player Aleksandr Mostovoi spat at him in 1998 during a UEFA Cup game.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

When then Manchester United’s Jonny Evans and Newcastle United’s Papiss Cisse were handed six and seven-match bans respectively for the offence, he said their punishment was “a little excessive” if compared to an “over-the-top tackle that would ‘only’ get three games”.

Carragher wrote: “As usual, there have been people who have said, ‘It is the worst thing that can happen on a pitch’; it is vile but let me assure you – I’d have preferred Lucas Neill to have spat the day he broke my leg in September 2003!”

He added he was “shocked more than angry” when Celta Vigo player Aleksandr Mostovoi spat at him in 1998 during a UEFA Cup game.

I expected worse tbh, says its vile but then jokes and shocked more than angry.  Maybe that explains his 'apology'.

Just now, David said:

Let's say Carragher is sacked, does that mean he should never work again, or would it be ok if he was to rock up in the BT Sport studio a couple of weeks later?

Carragher should resign so the situation shouldn't come to that. 

Just now, Inglorius said:

Carragher should resign so the situation shouldn't come to that. 

Ok, so say he resigns, would it be ok for him to then join BT Sport, BBC or any other station as a pundit?

Or is this career over, down the job centre in the morning looking for a job packing fish in a factory?

7 minutes ago, David said:

Ok, so say he resigns, would it be ok for him to then join BT Sport, BBC or any other station as a pundit?

Or is this career over, down the job centre in the morning looking for a job packing fish in a factory?

Nah you do what all high profile people do... get sacked, lay low for a bit, then reappear somewhere else.  The media get their pound of flesh, Joe Public forgives and the cycle starts again!

Although in the case of Carragher, him packing fish in a factory somewhere would be infinitely more pleasing on my ears than having to listen to him rant about something on Sky.  So I vote fish factory :p

39 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Fair point, Sky could argue that Gallacher has already been punished by our judicial system so they see no mileage in punishing her twice especially if her ability to make herself available for work isn't reduced with her driving ban seeing as I imagine she can more than afford a chauffeur.

Problem Carragher has is one it's probably more socially acceptable to drink and drive then it is to spit in someone's face which could be deemed as assault and two the whole episode was filmed and is now doing the rounds on our national tabloids and YouTube. 

Not ‘could be assault’ it actually is common assault. In fact any behaviour that makes someone else feel physically threatened is common assault (coppers like to pull that one out the bag when someone thinks they’re being clever by hurling abuse but not actually going so far as to hit them). 

I wouldn’t occur to me to spit at anyone, ever. I don’t see the need for it. You can shout and swear, if you weren’t in your car, you might even get a bit physical, but spitting at someone wouldn’t even cross my mind as a gut reaction. It would be the kind of thing I’d think about after the fact ‘oh, that would’ve been the perfect opportunity to spit at him). I’d probably make a rut of myself and not be able to produce any saliva anyway, just blow a bit of a raspberry. 

Just makes me wonder what sort of culture these footballers live in where spitting seems to be a bit of a first resort. 

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Nah you do what all high profile people do... get sacked, lay low for a bit, then reappear somewhere else.  The media get their pound of flesh, Joe Public forgives and the cycle starts again!

Although in the case of Carragher, him packing fish in a factory somewhere would be infinitely more pleasing on my ears than having to listen to him rant about something on Sky.  So I vote fish factory :p

May as well stay in the job then, let the Police deal with it if a complaint is made. 

Not against any punishment for him, sadly the chances are slim given the drivers evidence would come into question, unlikely a complaint would be made.

He's apparently said that he regrets there was a 14 year-old girl in the car - which suggests that the thinks it would have been o.k. if he'd spat at a bloke. Whether he resigns or is sacked or stays on at Sky, he certainly needs some anger management therapy....

First thing I will say is that spitting at anyone for any reason is just disgusting, why not just wind your window up and ignore the goading idiot in the car next to you? Grow up man.

Second thing is the bloke driving and filming is as much of an idiot. He is right to be annoyed about what Carragher did in the presence of his daughter but doesn't last very long on his high horse when he is filming whilst driving with her in the car.

The funny thing here is that it appears the most mature person involved in this whole incident is a 14 year old girl.

Archived