Poll: Better or Worse?

Leicester Ram

How are you feeling about our chances this season after today?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today’s a good opportunity to see how people are feeling, seeing as the forums more split than it ever has been on Rowett.

I feel a bit better after today than I have recently.

For one thing, we didn’t lose which would have been pretty gutting after the recent run. We were clearly the better team despite all our changes and injuries, we were clearly the only team tha5 was ever going to grab it.

Hard to rate getting a clean-sheet after the run of form recently but the defence looked its usual, solid self today.

Main thing I liked today was Rowett. I like it when he shows a bit of fight and passion, he had a good few digs at Forest (he’s 100% right, their season may as well end today) and wasn’t afraid to point out how good of a position we’re in comparably.

It wasn’t another uninspiring ‘the reality is’ interview, he didn’t sulk about people not liking his style of play, he pointed out that we have a bloody good shot at the play-offs and he’s spot on. It’s all still to play for and as far as our performances go, the only way is up.

We still haven’t seen Palmer and Vydra in the same starting 11, I think that’s probably our best shot at getting the most out of our attacking play. If we get those two playing well, it could lift the team.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it on another thread, attitude intensity and aggression was spot on today. That Curtis Davies tackle set the tone. They tried, showed intent and were positive in what they did. Bradley Johnson was a prime example, while he gave away lots of free kicks and at times his lack of quality was evident, he kept trying didn’t hide and kept smashing people. It was the bullying performance we don’t see enough from him.

Huddlestone was the star man. Majestic at times. Blow losing him for Cardiff but he’s only 80% fit according to Rowett. 3 weeks off, we should have a fully fit Tom Huddlestone for the run in and the playoffs!

Play with that attitude performance will improve, and wins will come.

Yes I do feel better about our chances. I do agree with McClaren though, Rowett may need to take more risks in the run in. Mac was always too risky in my view, Rowett maybe slightly too cautious but not surprising given the run we’ve been on

Can only really say I don’t feel much has changed. We didn’t play that badly today, and I don’t think we have been consistently **** across this run of form. But once again we couldn’t quite get the victory which is concerning, the longer this run goes the harder it’ll be to break it. Think this team has greater charectar than previous sides have done, hence why we’ve shown fight again today and haven’t really in any of our recent games completely collapsed and given up- certainly nothing like 3-0 reading and 3-0 Brighton we’ve had before.

I suppose you could say the one thing that gives me hope is we seemed much more assured defensively than we have done recently, which has been one of the reasons we’ve been throwing points away with some of the defensive errors we’ve made. That mixed with some fighting spirit may just see us into the playoffs. That said the same problems were still evident, a lack of quality In forward areas means that final ball is lacking and the lack of movement in midfield resorts to us launching the long ball too much and leaving the forward isolated. Sadly I can’t see how that can be sorted outside a transfer window, we just lack quality.

The secret to our success in making the playoffs will be our home form.If we start winning our home games we will do it. Were are very hard to beat away from home so are more than capable of keeping up our draw ratio.

Chin up there is all to play for. Nothing has been won or lost yet.

Let's all take up the battle cry 'Com,n you RAMS'

About the same although a win would have given us a better buffer to seventh ,

injuries are starting to bite ,suspensions playing a part and our luck is probably evening out as it usually does over a season but we are in the shake up and have lots to play for ,if you offered me that at the start of the season I would have taken it as I think most of us would if we are honest 

4 hours ago, archied said:

About the same although a win would have given us a better buffer to seventh ,

injuries are starting to bite ,suspensions playing a part and our luck is probably evening out as it usually does over a season but we are in the shake up and have lots to play for ,if you offered me that at the start of the season I would have taken it as I think most of us would if we are honest 

Ok but why did you feel like that archied....what was going to prevent us doing well this season with the team we started with?

Gary had half of the previous season to prepare for this one so I don't why a lot of people had low expectations.

Under GR we have gained robustness but lost flair. So we are in a similar place that we were but for different reasons. For me to be more upbeat, we’d have to find some more skill/flair/unpredictability.

Kasey Palmer is a case in point...what a talent. He has the X factor yet disappointingly it’s almost “as if” GR is loathe to start him in case we lose a bit of rigidity. 

I started the season full of positivity; quickly found the style hard to digest {weird feeling watching Rams put 5 past Hull yet feeling downbeat} yet decided to “go with it” because I actually like GR, and feel like he’s a “true Ram”. Overall, I’m not sure that we’re further forward. I think we’d be better off having another season in the Champonship and would give GR my full support if he can blend some real flair in with his robustness. I also think Derby need to up their game when it comes to transfers...I appreciate it’s a lottery but GR acting on his own has not been fruitful in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Under GR we have gained robustness but lost flair. So we are in a similar place that we were but for different reasons. For me to be more upbeat, we’d have to find some more skill/flair/unpredictability.

Kasey Palmer is a case in point...what a talent. He has the X factor yet disappointingly it’s almost “as if” GR is loathe to start him in case we lose a bit of rigidity. 

I started the season full of positivity; quickly found the style hard to digest {weird feeling watching Rams put 5 past Hull yet feeling downbeat} yet decided to “go with it” because I actually like GR, and feel like he’s a “true Ram”. Overall, I’m not sure that we’re further forward. I think we’d be better off having another season in the Champonship and would give GR my full support if he can blend some real flair in with his robustness. I also think Derby need to up their game when it comes to transfers...I appreciate it’s a lottery but GR acting on his own has not been fruitful in my opinion. 

I fully agree with your analysis with regards to where we stand. The only trouble is, there are plenty of robust players around who can be picked up for next to nothing, I do except they will command a large wage however.  But flair costs big bucks, especially attacking flair. I think to find the balance between this season and seasons past teams, it’s going to take investment. I have no idea if Mel has the ability with FFP or indeed the inclination to dig deep again. 

37 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ok but why did you feel like that archied....what was going to prevent us doing well this season with the team we started with?

Gary had half of the previous season to prepare for this one.

Really didn’t think we had enough in terms of players and rowett in his first full season experience wise at the level we are at expectation wise to be real automatic promotion winners ,, ( probably not alone in that view)

top six and play offs I would have taken before a ball was kicked ,not because I felt we didn’t have enough to do well , I would have been a bit  disapointed If we hadn’t looked like being in our around the play offs with what we had and rowett being touted as an up and comming highly regarded young manager ,,

so play offs for me would have been a very decent first season for rowett at derby and as such would have taken it before a ball was kicked, there are others that would / have labelled me a rowett fanboy but I kind of just laugh at that silliness , my view is rowett has not set the world alight but has done a pretty solid job so far given that he has balanced the books quite well whilst doing it and the players moved on,

i honestly think that for various reasons we had to have a bit of a shake up and rebuild ,we had become stale and some players needed a new challenge too ,finances of club have probably had a big say in things too,

i don’t go with the theory we were in a total mess when rowett came in ,there were some good players at the club but we really needed a decent manager to sort it out and give us some direction again and to be fair I think rowett has done that , a decent manager should have given us a tilt at a promotion challenge and rowett has done that too,

surely the above is a fair and balanced unbiased take on things so far ?

22 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That’s a very good post 

better. they had no shots on target, we were desperately unlucky not to have converted a chance, we had 10 men for abit, and it was a really soft red. we did alright, and the group and manager looked together. Hopefully through injury and suspensions we might get to see abit of Palmer and take a les stressed and more proactive approach to the last few games, no matter where we end up. probably good that 2nd looks out of sight now too, bit of digging in like suited us at the start of the season. Coyr

In comparison to mac2 or clement we are probably about the same

in comparison to Pearson we are better

in comparison to 2013-14 we are not as good

In comparison to my pre-season prediction of 8th we are slightly better but we could yet slip back to be a little closer to the prediction.

My overall feeling is one of non-arousal. I'm not that bothered where we finish. I'm not expecting promotion. I don't find the football particularly thrilling. there aren't many players i'm excited to watch. I take all the pontificating with a big pinch of salt. i go along hoping to feel the buzz but not really getting it.

It is what it is (as Billy Davies might say).

Archived