Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So his attitude to this key Derby match is to be the criterion on which we decide whether he has our support or not. Nope .... not as simple as that , and the sterility of our attacking football is  much more important indicator for our long term prospects.

1 hour ago, David said:

What I liked the most was him reminding their fans how many European Cups they had won, it's easy to forget given how long ago it was.

DYBj6DwXcAAW9pi.jpg

Turns out this wasn't true at all......

There were claims on social media that Rowett made the gesture to fans in the Peter Taylor Stand as he walked off at full-time.

But Rowett insisted that was not the case. “No, I didn’t at all. I was trying to get four fingers up to say we’ve taken four points off them this season, for a bit of banter,” he said.

“They were giving me a bit of stick, I gave them a little bit back. There’s no malice involved at all.

And

Rowett also had the perfect response to Forest fans chanting his 'trainers are s***'.

“When this level of fashion hits Nottingham in about six months, you’ll probably see about 25,000 people walking around with these type of trainers on,” he joked.

“Until someone opens the door to this type of style they will have to make do with the wellies!”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/nottingham-forest-derby-rivalry-derby-gary-rowett-two-fingers-denies-a8251011.html

???

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Has he lost it a bit today. Seems to have gone a bit Kevin Keegan! 

I'd love that

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I personally trust our club will succeed under the tenure of Gary. 

For me there is no doubt (given time) our faith in him will pay off. 

and clearly he is one of us - them f@@kers in the sky studio - well ahem

2 hours ago, CROSSWORD said:

Sure is a Classy Guy,i agree hope its the "end of "soon.Our team is now as ordinary as the Red dogs,great work.

I'm assuming you're a genuine Rams fan but when, oh when are you going to post something which might be viewed as being remotely positive? Another one of those 'supporters' who don't provide any support.

12 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I personally trust our club will succeed under the tenure of Gary. 

For me there is no doubt (given time) our faith in him will pay off. 

How can you possibly have no doubt ?  Hope, absolutely!  Confidence, I can understand. But no doubt, how can that be possible? Is Rowett some kind of religious figure for you or something like that?

It's football, there is always doubt.

I'm trying my hardest to buy into the Rowett regime. But he's leaving a lot to be desired.

But the man has an arrogance surrounding him that really irks me. For somebody who hasn't won (or ultimately achieved) anything yet in his career, he acts like the world owes him something. 

When you're failing to beat Reading, QPR, Forest away from home, you're in no position to be acting the big man. It's not good enough.

6 minutes ago, Highgate said:

How can you possibly have no doubt ?  Hope, absolutely!  Confidence, I can understand. But no doubt, how can that be possible? Is Rowett some kind of religious figure for you or something like that?

It's football, there is always doubt.

Hope for you, that’s fine with me.

I am so confident I am happy to state “no doubt” 

GR isn’t a religious figure for me, absolutely not.... because I have seen him in the flesh with my own 2 eyes ergo he is real.

Unlike most religious figures that people around the world put their faith in. (Which by the way is fine with me too) ??

So no, not a religious figure or anything like that @Highgate just a good fit for our club IMHO. 

Agree with the OP - there is little not to like about him as an individual and his substitutions were bang on today.  We would have had a great chance to win it if we hadn't been let down by the ref', particularly as Palmer and Jerome continued to stretch them going into the final ten.

It's not been good enough recently, but the fire in his belly today does bode well for the play-offs, we just need to get there.

4 hours ago, David said:

What I liked the most was him reminding their fans how many European Cups they had won, it's easy to forget given how long ago it was.

DYBj6DwXcAAW9pi.jpg

Swear he's holding up 4 fingers (the number of points we've taken off them this season!). They've not won that many European cups! 

Archived