Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’ll be one ☝️. Now, I’ve tried to bring humour to a lot of my posts on most threads on here, however, I feel my opinion on the club’s current manager is not the thread for levity, nor it would appear, honesty or the gut instinct that’s served me well throughout my life however wrong that may turn out to be in this case. (It turns out it was correct regarding Mr Rush)

Rowett’s supporters continually bitch about “the 8 or 9/the usual subjects” criticising him, well newsflash, I’m sick and tired of  continuously being called out for having the opinion I do, I don’t call out the people I think are being conned by a man who says one thing and does another.

To that end and to tow the party line, I will refrain from any comment on the manager in future thus reducing your 8/9 to 7/8. Should they follow my lead, everybody will be singing from the same hymn sheet as it were and everybody will be happy no one is rocking the Rowett boat.

Happy days  :no:

At the risk of sounding creepy, I think that you are a perfect example of how to express negative opinions on a Forum - clear and well-thought out with a touch of humour when appropriate.  You certainly don't repeat yourself ad nauseam and I hope that you don't stop posting about the manager or anything else as I enjoy reading your opinions - you make me think and smile too.

Really,  for me, it's not 8/9 on each side that are irritating - it's as few as 2 or 3. And I just skip-read those threads these days anyway! 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Any examples of this? Apart from Craig Bryson’s brother from the valleys, I don’t think this is valid of any poster on here. 

It doesn't happen often, which is why it was an afterthought - but something I just wanted to add.

Harborram was one, they tend to be folks I ignore - but it wasn't aimed at any of the current lot.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

At the risk of sounding creepy, I think that you are a perfect example of how to express negative opinions on a Forum - clear and well-thought out with a touch of humour when appropriate.  You certainly don't repeat yourself ad nauseam and I hope that you don't stop posting about the manager or anything else as I enjoy reading your opinions - you make me think and smile too.

Really,  for me, it's not 8/9 on each side that are irritating - it's as few as 2 or 3. And I just skip-read those threads these days anyway! 

I ended up putting a few on the ol’ ignore list, I didn’t really want to do it but felt necessary. It wasn’t people who I disagreed with on stuff but the posters who I felt didn’t contribute a discussion or were just wanting to give their view without considering the points being put to them in a debate (plus a couple of ‘THIS IS THE MOST RIDICLIOUS POST IVE EVER SEEN’/ ‘YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH’ types). Since then I’ve felt the forum has mostly been a breath of fresh air and long may it continue

44 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It doesn't happen often, which is why it was an afterthought - but something I just wanted to add.

Harborram was one, they tend to be folks I ignore - but it wasn't aimed at any of the current lot.

Fair enough. Just wanted clarity as a lot of posts on this thread, as always, just go to the extremes of opinion. 

On 3/11/2018 at 17:25, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rightly or wrongly doubts started to creep into my mind about Rowett, but his attitude and passion today, both on the touch line and in his post match interview with sky, shows exactly why us fans must get behind him and the team. And that in itself could be more important than any win against our neighbours. As Gary pointed out, their season is over now ;)

Come on Derby!!

So after 32 pages of kicking lumps off each other ,back to the OP is GR any good or what?

14 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Really?

I'm a little surprised you can think that, I've always thought I was a reasonably balanced poster.

:(

I think the most negative person on the site would struggle to get almost 12k likes with 8.5k posts revel :D

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I've not quite decided yet!

Well hurry up and catch up with the rest of us negative ninnys or happy clappers!

The biggest disappointment for me about GR is the lack of 'young, hungry players' in the squad. As good as some think Huddz is I can't help but feel Elsnick could have done as good a job. And surely someone could have sat on the bench from the youngsters and got a run out rather than Jerome? If he didn't buy youth this season cos of the cost I can't see it being any cheaper next? :huh:

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The biggest disappointment for me about GR is the lack of 'young, hungry players' in the squad. As good as some think Huddz is I can't help but feel Elsnick could have done as good a job. And surely someone could have sat on the bench from the youngsters and got a run out rather than Jerome? If he didn't buy youth this season cos of the cost I can't see it being any cheaper next? :huh:

Something we can agree on.

This, for me is the biggest problem I have with the club at the moment. OK, so we've been unlucky to some extent: the Lookman thing didn't happen at the last minute and the Winnall injury was very unfortunate but I frankly found it astonishing that we sent out virtually all U23's that were in any way close to the first team on loan. I get that there comes a point that the youngsters need proper competitive game time and should "sink or swim" but seemingly all of them?. At least a couple of them could now be getting that game time with us - and I think it would lift the PP atmosphere, knowing that there are new kids out there who need support & encouragement.

It's a bit embarrasing that we're accused of getting a game called of due to lack of fit players, when we've got so many good youngsters on the books and out on loan.

See......Happy Clapper, Moi?

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

This, for me is the biggest problem I have with the club at the moment. OK, so we've been unlucky to some extent: the Lookman thing didn't happen at the last minute and the Winnall injury was very unfortunate but I frankly found it astonishing that we sent out virtually all U23's that were in any way close to the first team on loan. I get that there comes a point that the youngsters need proper competitive game time and should "sink or swim" but seemingly all of them?. At least a couple of them could now be getting that game time with us - and I think it would lift the PP atmosphere, knowing that there are new kids out there who need support & encouragement.

It's a bit embarrasing that we're accused of getting a game called of due to lack of fit players, when we've got so many good youngsters on the books and out on loan.

Aye, I think that’s where my ‘discomfort’ with this season in general has been around. In that I thought this season was going to be a transitional season and in that younger players would be blooded and we’d find a new way to play. Instead we’ve ended up ‘going for it’, buying players who’s best years seem behind them (on the basis it’s kinda worked with Nugent? Ie buy cheap) and could potentially have set us back a year because this summer now needs a clear out. The thing is, even when it was going well, there was always a feeling on how long it would last, at that time I would have been much happier if we had used the youngsters more, plus players like Martin so we had a rounded squad.

As most, I like Rowett. His antics at Forest at least showed some character that had been missing recently, hopefully he sees that and carries on. My concern is teams like Norwich/Boro May feel in a better position than us to kick on next season (thats if we don’t go up this year obvs)

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Aye, I think that’s where my ‘discomfort’ with this season in general has been around. In that I thought this season was going to be a transitional season and in that younger players would be blooded and we’d find a new way to play. Instead we’ve ended up ‘going for it’, buying players who’s best years seem behind them (on the basis it’s kinda worked with Nugent? Ie buy cheap) and could potentially have set us back a year because this summer now needs a clear out. The thing is, even when it was going well, there was always a feeling on how long it would last, at that time I would have been much happier if we had used the youngsters more, plus players like Martin so we had a rounded squad.

As most, I like Rowett. His antics at Forest at least showed some character that had been missing recently, hopefully he sees that and carries on. My concern is teams like Norwich/Boro May feel in a better position than us to kick on next season (thats if we don’t go up this year obvs)

I think a few people  are overrating our U23 players ability to play in the first team at this present time. 

Name which players from the U23s you would start in a Championship game. 

45 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Don’t listen to Warnock for goodness sake. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, angieram said:

I've not quite decided yet!

In all seriousness this is how I feel.

For me we have changed manager to often, and the reason I defend rowett a lot is because I want stability.

I believe, although obviously cannot prove it, that if we had stuck with managers recently we would have been promoted by now, and I include McLaren, clement and Clough in this.

I don't know if rowett will succeed, I do think our football is better than many say, but it does concern me the age of our team.

I just feel rather than calling for his head I'd rather give him a chance.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

In all seriousness this is how I feel.

For me we have changed manager to often, and the reason I defend rowett a lot is because I want stability.

I believe, although obviously cannot prove it, that if we had stuck with managers recently we would have been promoted by now, and I include McLaren, clement and Clough in this.

I don't know if rowett will succeed, I do think our football is better than many say, but it does concern me the age of our team.

I just feel rather than calling for his head I'd rather give him a chance.

Are people calling for his head then. 

If they are they are being ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Don’t listen to Warnock for goodness sake. 

Oh I don't think for one minute that that's what happened - even if we could.........but we did put it out there that we had a threadbare squad, which fuelled the comments about the postponement.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Are people calling for his head then. 

If they are they are being ridiculous. 

People were calling for his head as early as September.

There are posters on here who would like him to go. Of course they have their reasons and opinions which they are entitled to, but I just for once would like us to not sack a manager when we have a bad run, I do not think we will anyway.

Archived