Favourite Derby shirts

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well, all they do is knock up a certificate on word init.

Youve mislaid a small fortune there lad.

It’s alright, I have a draw full of shirts that no longer fit, I’m going to sign them myself and flog em to @loweman2

He’s not got any dcfcfans.uk owner signed shirts in his collection yet, will need a centre piece for his museum.

3 minutes ago, David said:

It’s alright, I have a draw full of shirts that no longer fit, I’m going to sign them myself and flog em to @loweman2

He’s not got any dcfcfans.uk owner signed shirts in his collection yet, will need a centre piece for his museum.

Just remember who’s idea it was.

14 minutes ago, David said:

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just remember who’s idea it was.

Yes lads, as you can see I will buy any old shot ! (Apart from the wee stained one)

Just name your price !

Loweman

I have the below shirt, allegedly match worn, given to me in the early-mid 80s by Michael Dunford. Don't know much of the history, but think it was a 3rd shirt in the 76-77 or 77-78 season.

Would be great to know more about it and who may have worn it.

Unfortunately not for sale

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Will I Ram said:

Loweman

I have the below shirt, allegedly match worn, given to me in the early-mid 80s by Michael Dunford. Don't know much of the history, but think it was a 3rd shirt in the 76-77 or 77-78 season.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I love that, would look great in the museum, I have pmd you @Will I Ram, surely we could reach an agreement?

8 hours ago, Will I Ram said:

Loweman

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My brother Will has one exactly like that also given by Michael Dunford...

On 29/04/2018 at 20:21, loweman2 said:

I wrote to him a polite letter few weeks ago and asked if I could pop for him to sign it, I didn’t get a call or email etc so I thought I would have a drive round, I knocked and once again being aware that he was elderly very respectfully introduced myself to which he just “no thank you” and literally shut the door in my face.

so I then came up with a plan B, with all of the players I always buy them something as a little thank you, it’s normally an excellent book called “ Derby County - The Clough Years” so I bought a copy for Willie and persuaded the good lady wife to go round and knock and to ask if Willie would sign it.

i normally wouldn’t pursue it but Willie Carlin was a massive cog that when Clough and Taylor inserted him into the team the good times were well and truly kicked off ! So on a shirt that represents the starting point I really needed him on it.

so, much against her wishes but with the promise of a new handbag the wife set off on her mission, I was hid in the car and watched from the window, she went into a proper head to head battle with Mrs Carlin who was less keen than Willie for him to sign it but then the book was produced and Mrs Carlin could see that she was genuine so she said that he would sign it, so a victory for the ladies !

he doesn’t like signing much so I was quite pleased, I did then have to admit that I had my fingers crossed behind my back when I promised the handbag ! ? 

That explains it then. I’d refuse too if called me a massive cog. 

19 hours ago, Will I Ram said:

Loweman

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The great Colin Todd wearing the shirt

8CFCB25F-7044-4EE8-8582-F50432864087.jpeg

Archived