Favourite Derby shirts

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Forgot to actually put it on when I received it.

Still love it,esp in purple(ish)...

IMG_20180408_142007.jpg

I’m sorry to say, I think you might have bought a fake. You can tell by the backwards just eat logo, and the ram is pointing the wrong way (or right way, depending on how old you are). 

On 11/3/2018 at 09:15, David said:

When you’re trying Derby shirts on for the day and the early 90s when I was 12/13 fit better than the more recent XL shirts I was squeezing into ?

IMG_1671.jpg

E21E56D6-C86E-44A5-A69E-93880C4F137A.jpeg

ED5BA186-8175-4163-92E5-0576B04A008D.jpeg

I’ve still got that first one. I wear it every summer here when we’re at the beach. What year would that be from? 95? They really were good quality back then. Twenty years of Spanish sun and it’s still as bright today as when I bought it.

C82ABEF5-BDB2-46B3-973D-85839316BD0C.jpeg

5 hours ago, richinspain said:

I’ve still got that first one. I wear it every summer here when we’re at the beach. What year would that be from? 95? They really were good quality back then. Twenty years of Spanish sun and it’s still as bright today as when I bought it.

C82ABEF5-BDB2-46B3-973D-85839316BD0C.jpeg

That Rams Pro Wear made some quality kit. 

On 08/04/2018 at 15:03, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Forgot to actually put it on when I received it.

Still love it,esp in purple(ish)...

IMG_20180408_142007.jpg

That phone, dear me, no wonder you've always got a grump on, so would I battling with one of those everyday ?

On 10/03/2018 at 10:53, loweman2 said:

I will pm you @philmycock 

Don’t want people trying to break in ! ?

Oh and by the way, you are actually my father, following a one night stand with my mum back in the early 70’s, I’m sorry to have to impart this news so crudely to you on a football forum, so if you could kindly change your will pronto, be assured I don’t want any cash, just your Rams shirt collection, thanks Dad, love you x

11 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Oh and by the way, you are actually my father, following a one night stand with my mum back in the early 70’s, I’m sorry to have to impart this news so crudely to you on a football forum, so if you could kindly change your will pronto, be assured I don’t want any cash, just your Rams shirt collection, thanks Dad, love you x

You do know I was born in 1970 don’t you son ?

21 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

You do know I was born in 1970 don’t you son ?

Ah, that’s rumbled my plan, I was born in 71, I think maybe we’re brothers, yes that’s right, I’m your younger brother and your shirts are all mine I tell ya, you get me bro? 

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Ah, that’s rumbled my plan, I was born in 71, I think maybe we’re brothers, yes that’s right, I’m your younger brother and your shirts are all mine I tell ya, you get me bro? 

I’m overwhelmed !

B49E8CDD-5B8A-42F2-BC6F-02BF401F06EC.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

picked up this today, the rarely used 1979/80 third shirt, its a silvery sky blue / silver silk like player issued shirt, they certainly don't make them like they used to, really nice shirt to add to my collection, they never made replicas of these.

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

Has anybody got any 1960s/70s shirts that they would like to sell or donate to the collection ?

It is my intention to someday get the club to agree to open a space at Pride Park for myself and other collectors to set up a museum that can be filled with Derby County memorabilia! 

I would love to share all this stuff with the DCFC family ! 

Archived