Favourite Derby shirts

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Beagle said:

My favourite not had one to touch it since in my opinion

image.png.10bc05e6a5a823802a9d307428548a1e.png

Defo my favourite as well .  left mine in quack quacks bar in Ibiza back in 1997 as  long as they agreed to swap it for some orrible red thing with a tree on it some misguided fool had left there . A couple of my mates were at the same bar a few years later and it was up and proud still .the orrible red rag was consigned to its rightful place in the bin by the owner a good laugh as I recall and a Birmingham City fan -  might try and get another one but might need a slightly larger model nowadays .    Also had the ltd edition playoff yellow with red arm stripes from 91-92 this would be second in my list .

8 minutes ago, mozza said:

He's not the only one, tbh, nightmare..

That must have come out in my “out to lunch” period as I don’t remember the reaction it got. Probably be seen as a PR own goal these days seeing as there’s plenty of other colours to choose from.

My favourite Derby shirts are (in order) :

1. The light bluish Third Kit that sold out in September two seasons ago (as I learned to my chagrin when I tried to order one after my birthday...)

2. Jointly, the Derby ‘Argentinian-style’ third kit from Adidas (I’m wearing it as I type these words) and the black away top, both with Bombardier as the sponsor. Unfortunately, that shirt was stolen from the lockeroom bench at my gym a few years ago literally only about 15-20 seconds after I’d taken it off (which tells you how good it was too).

3. Jointly, the yellow Puma away strip, quite close to the one @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong posted earlier, except with the (blue) EDS logo rather than Puma, and - I expect to be slated for this as I suspect I’m the only Rams’ fan who likes it - the home strip with the baseball pinstripes (they’re overdue for a return IMHO).

And an honourable mention to the Bombardier yellow away kit (I was very partial to Bombardier as our sponsor ?) and the purple Adidas away top (as much as I liked that purple top, Kash, the white yolk ultimately turned me away from it.

Strongly agree with @Pearl Ram about the Ram facing left. It just doesn’t look correct facing right..although, while I prefer the Ram to run free, i’m also partial to the encircled Ram logo so wouldn’t mind if it returned for a year or two every decade, preferably with the gold lettering as per the Argentinian top (although the black lettering looks classier on the home kit.)

7A3BBC02-90F7-4346-82D3-A943FC5F4C0F.jpeg

On 09/03/2018 at 20:43, Ramslad1992 said:

This is my all time favourite, absolutely loved it! I wore it that much my poor mum and dad had to buy me two because they couldn't get it off me long enough to wash! 

IMG_1380.JPG

This. 

I don’t know why I always liked this kit.  I’m not a kit conesseur. And I normally prefer the plain white kits for myself, I don’t particularly like yellow kits.

But when I wanted to but my wife a kit when she first came to the UK, this is the first one that popped in my mind. If I’m ever asked for a favourite kit, this is it, without hesitation. 

On 3/9/2018 at 20:58, Ramslad1992 said:

Also loved this one! Had poom on the back (obviously!) used to wear it to football training even though kids used to laugh at me a) for supporting derby in Lincoln and b) because 'if you take the m off it spells poo which is what you are' 

IMG_1381.JPG

That made me laff - childish? moi?

Archived