Would you rather........

RiddingsRam

Would you rather .........  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

One of my greatest memories in life was being on the Pop side with my Dad and brother when RVL put that header in.

Love to have that with my boys just slightly better than winning the World Cup,be tears at both though.

This. Personal memories over national sporting achievement. 

Nothing beats some of the memories I have with my Dad, brother and mates in promotion seasons, and also some Premier League seasons.

If i could afford to follow England home and away like I did in my late teens, then it would be a harder choice. Me and my mate, aged 17, in Germany, getting pissed makes me smile just thinking about what we got up to.

England to win the World Cup for me - on the assumption that it will probably be a once in a lifetime thing for me (if I'm lucky) whereas Derby will continue to push for promotion until its actually achieved in the not to distant future.

Now, if you'd said Derby to win the Premiership or Champions League then I'd have to think again!

England to win the World Cup. It comes around every 4 years & it’s something I will probably never experience! I’ve seen Derby promoted twice since supporting them in the late 80’s so I’m more than likely see it again at some point. Cup wins are a rarity. 

On 3/10/2018 at 13:24, ronnieronalde said:

Probably a fundamental flaw in the voting system right there pal.

Could someone do me a favour as I also voted for both, could you add a burton Albion staying up button so I can vote for that as well please ?

Ditto this.. But an option for Burton to be relegated 3 seasons running, so Clough can finally be in a place they have a right to be in.

It'd be tougher if it was Derby to win a cup. England to win the World Cup, and it isn't close. Derby could win promotion, and end up like the last time. No matter how bad the years following a World Cup win, we'd still have that to fall back on. So easy decision, England to win the World Cup.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Whilst our premiership is stuffed full of foreign players and foreign managers, England will never win the World Cup. I hope to have a few more World Cups to watch in my lifetime but the win when I was 5 will, I suspect be as good as it gets. 

Yes, I think manager more than players. We now have Southgate in charge and he may do well and prove me wrong but I just dont see us doing anything under him. I think the England manager needs to have managed at the highest level and had some success, and managed top players and understand how to handle them.

I actually think we have quite a talented group of players right now, but as we have no clear english candidates i would have been happy to see us go foreign again.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

Ditto this.. But an option for Burton to be relegated 3 seasons running, so Clough can finally be in a place they have a right to be in.

No team has a right to be anywhere, they have as much right to be in the championship as we do.

Derby to Prem. International football has become so dull - I'm bored of the players, bored of the managers, bored of it all. Hopefully Gareth Southgate can get the excitement back this summer but i somehow doubt he's the man.

Archived