Would missing out on the play offs

toddy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the "Who do you want to be promoted?" threads on various PL club forums, Derby and Cardiff are the two teams most fans are "cheering on" to join Wolves in the top flight next season.:)

They do not want to see Villa or Fulham promoted.

1 hour ago, Grantona said:

Judging by the "Who do you want to be promoted?" threads on various PL club forums, Derby and Cardiff are the two teams most fans are "cheering on" to join Wolves in the top flight next season.:)

That's only because they view us (in particular) and Cardiff (to a much lesser extent) as the weakest of the four and hot favourites for coming straight back down.

46 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That's only because they view us (in particular) and Cardiff (to a much lesser extent) as the weakest of the four and hot favourites for coming straight back down.

That may be part of it,  but Middlesbrough would be the weakest team (as they proved last season with a miserable 28 points).

13 minutes ago, Grantona said:

That may be part of it,  but Middlesbrough would be the weakest team (as they proved last season with a miserable 28 points).

You're on the wrong clubs forum to be talking about a miserable 28 points!

On 3/7/2018 at 06:47, toddy said:

Would missing out on the play offs be should a bad thing?

I think we have been punching above our weight all season are now probably getting close to where we should be results wise.

GR could use this season as a bench mark on which positions need to be improved and bring players in for a real promotion push next season?

I think we have to be realistic, we have had a good season so far but are a bit short in quality to take us up. And to be very honest if we got up via the play offs we would need a 98% squad change just to be able to fight for survival in the premiership, [really don't need a 2008 repeat]

So maybe GR uses this season as experience and pushes on for next season?

What do others think?

Surely there is enough defeatism in the air at the moment. No need to actively court failure. That's just my personal view. 

On 08/03/2018 at 15:06, Grantona said:

Living and working in the North West my blue and red colleagues on the whole would love us up as it’s less than a couple of hours to Derby and we’ve a decent ground to acoomodate a few fans. And I do big up Derbys proliferation of ale houses ?

We genuinely are a ‘popular’ club. Ok so the Midlands makes it better than the south coast to travel but the convivial atmos around Derby is a contributing factor too surely? :lol: . I am sober just now though I can smell the ale approaching 

Archived