Supporters Charter Group Meeting Minutes 22/02/18

David

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, as already explained in page 1 of this very thread, the main part of her job is expanding the presence of the club worldwide to gain extra revenue.

Visiting counties, the Dubai trip was probably a combined trip with this in mind too.

Listening to what she said at the meeting she’s also involved with getting the under teens and early teens involved more too.

Also she seems to be tasked with improving the atmosphere at PP.

The other young lady, is the new supporters liaison officer, she was taking the minutes.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I’m touchy? Really? I’m defending females who have a high level jobs in the club from “fancy title” comments from you and also making comment that infer that they are their just to nod along to everything that the owner says.

Have you got a problem with females in upper management?

I noted how all the execs nod away, but i find it odd that they nod in agreement to statements about the supposed attitude of a player that they can have absolutely no first hand knowledge of. 

...and whether the 'Head of Global Engagement' is male or female it seems a rather pompous highfalutin title. Just interested in what it means. Ok? Ok?? 

Interesting comments on the academy and the investment there. No doubt there has been massive investment in Moor Farm and the facilities are right up there with the best. Not sure what a Judo Dojo brings to the party but I am sure there is a reason.

However Moor Farm serves two purposes, first team and academy. Just what has the academy done for the club? I get we have a couple of good prospects out on loan but all I hear is this player or that player is not ready. These guys should be ready.. Hughes, probably the shining light but did he not only join in 2011? 

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the club here so much, although they do bear some responsibility, it's more the academy system which is basically flawed beyond belief., We are seeing clubs now disband their academys, Brentford for example, recently got rid of theirs. That is not because Benham could not afford it, it just simply did not produce enough to warrent the cost. They simply let other clubs develop their prospects now and don't have the hassle and cost. Benham is a moneyball freak and he wants to know about data. He can't get too much data about undeveloped players, so simply does not bother. When he came the Brentford, he spent millions on the youth set up. Brought in top people from Arsenal & had a huge scouting network. All binned now.. In some ways a mirror of DCFC albiet at a slightly lower level. 

The reality is that once the lads get to 18 and youth contracts are up for grabs, you find clubs like Brentford get the cast offs from the Chelseas, Arsenals etc. They then get rid of the lads they have invested in since they were pre-teens and so the cycle goes on. Everbody shifts down a level. I am not sure how much this happen at derby but would be surprised if it did not to some degree.

Is there any future for any academy?

Is it worth the investment?

Do we know how much we have invested in the academy? I am sure there are numbers out there.

How much have we spent chasing the dream of developing players internally and not having to go into the transfer market? The pressures of modern day football just simple don't allow the opportunities. We need a left back, in an ideal world there should be one knocking on the door. It appears we don't have one knowcking on the door but even if we did.. Come the summer, cheques would be written and in would come an experianced left back. Vicious circle.

As much as it pains me to admit it, the college system in the USA is better as a development tool. A high pressure performance environment where the best get drafted. Not sure a draft system would work here but pre the draft it works IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Interesting comments on the academy and the investment there. No doubt there has been massive investment in Moor Farm and the facilities are right up there with the best. Not sure what a Judo Dojo brings to the party but I am sure there is a reason. 

Shows you how to fall properly in the box? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Recent article on why Brentford closed their academy. We are a Cat 1 club though, so different rules apply regarding players being poached.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/football-indepth/brentford-academy-closed-scouts/

Good article. Yes are Cat 1 and it is harder but if the big boys want you and I mean the usual suspects, Chelsea etc, they will get you. 

Youth contract at Chelsea, Man City, Man U or Derby?? It's the classic dream factory.

Just how much do Chelsea spend on their academy, they get the best of the best but do little of nothing with them. 40+ players out on loan.. Cat 1, will also split into tiers, we will be at the lower level.

It's not so much players being poached, its the wasted years and investment from 8-18. I have seen absolute stars at 8, 9, 10 who can't transition to 11 aside. I know that has been filtered slightly but the superstar at 16 is not always the superstar at 18. It's just a complete waste of time for the clubs. Nobody takes any interest until the boys have matured. 

The Brentford model and the Huddersfield model works better for them. Would it also work better for us?

I think it would.

• 2 months later...

Archived