Maplin's lose their spark(le)

Gaspode

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Death of the high street started a long time ago, I'm part of the problem, online shopping is so much easier. Click click Monday, ding dong Tuesday. We can even have someone do our food shopping now and bring it to the door, how lazy yet amazing is that.

10, 20 years time the town centres will be nothing more than collection points and retail parks, courier depots.

Keep telling the missus to get out now.

5 hours ago, David said:

Death of the high street started a long time ago, I'm part of the problem, online shopping is so much easier. Click click Monday, ding dong Tuesday. We can even have someone do our food shopping now and bring it to the door, how lazy yet amazing is that.

10, 20 years time the town centres will be nothing more than collection points and retail parks, courier depots.

Keep telling the missus to get out now.

ToysRus and Maplins  both In wyvern retail park, didn't help them. In fact I stopped going to Maplins when they moved out of town. I can't really see the point of retail parks... Went to PC world, another out of town warehouse and they couldn't sell me a PC. Said I could order it. So I did, on-line with another retailer. What's the point of having an out of town warehouse called PC world that doesn't have any PCs in stock? 

5 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Because they sell more white goods nowadays.

Well cal themselves sellfridges then if they sell fridges, but dont call them PC world.

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well cal themselves sellfridges then if they sell fridges, but dont call them PC world.

Doesnt always work, they looked at me gone out in Currys when i tried to order a chicken madras.

Puns - watts the problem?

Some areas of high street retail are just dying ... it's called 'show-rooming' ... people wander around admiring your stock, and then go home and buy it for much cheaper off the web. The retailer pays for heat, light and staff -  but to no avail.

The greed of high street landlords with extraordinary shop rent increases has also shafted them.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Puns - watts the problem?

Some areas of high street retail are just dying ... it's called 'show-rooming' ... people wander around admiring your stock, and then go home and buy it for much cheaper off the web. The retailer pays for heat, light and staff -  but to no avail.

The greed of high street landlords with extraordinary shop rent increases has also shafted them.

Well it's not a problem if you buy from the same retailer ... Look at their showroom and then order to get it delivered. But ordering with someone else who undercuts the high street retailer is a problem if you do that.

as for Maplins, ohm my god what a shocker.

Archived