Johnny Russell in the MLS

Cam the Ram

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2018 at 10:19, Bris Vegas said:

An exciting move ableit to a team in the middle of nowhere, no offence to our Kansas residents.

It could have been worse mind. 

If I was to move to the MLS, I’d probably seek a move to Chicago or any of the teams located on the west coast or south-west states.

Kansas City has 2.4 million people, is in the middle of the US which makes travel easier, and has a ton to offer... I get it, most are thinking open lands of nothing. He is going to a successful team that has sold out every game since 2011, and has won 4 trophies in that time period, and likely has one of the top training facilities in the world...  In 8 games for SKC he has 5 goals, 2 assist, and drawn 3 PKs... no denying the move has been great for him.

kc1.jpg

kc2.jpg

kc3.jpg

kc4.jpg

27 minutes ago, skrizzzz said:

Kansas City has 2.4 million people, is in the middle of the US which makes travel easier, and has a ton to offer... I get it, most are thinking open lands of nothing. He is going to a successful team that has sold out every game since 2011, and has won 4 trophies in that time period, and likely has one of the top training facilities in the world...  In 8 games for SKC he has 5 goals, 2 assist, and drawn 3 PKs... no denying the move has been great for him.

kc1.jpg

kc2.jpg

kc3.jpg

kc4.jpg

Looks a proper **** hole. 

Two years ago, he was done. Ready to quit. Or take a break, at least. If he possessed any other career prospects, maybe he would have followed through on that.

He began playing soccer when was 4, the oldest of four kids growing up in a three-bedroom home in Coatbridge, a small town eight miles east of Glasgow, Scotland. He had always stuck with it for its enjoyment, even as teachers pleaded with him to look for other career options.

But the pleasure of the game disappeared two years ago. After Derby County lost in the English Football League Championship playoffs, sweeping changes were made. People were blamed. Russell said he felt “a little stabbed in the back and betrayed a little bit,” opting against delving deeper into the details.

“I just completely fell out of love with the game,” Russell said. “I wasn’t enjoying it. I didn’t enjoy training. I was coming to games, and I wasn’t enjoying the games, either. Games were finishing, and I was thinking, ‘Oh, thank God that’s over.’ It was a relief.”

The alternative options were slim. He had never considered a different career.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sporting-kc/article209984354.html#storylink=cpy

Archived