Johnny Russell in the MLS

Cam the Ram

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Defending has never been Ashley Cole's best strengths but that was horrible even by his standards.

Well done Johnny.

I was going to say something pithy like: ‘if we ever get relegated to league one, we can get him back, it’s about the same standard.’

but to be fair, he’s on the same pitch as Ibrahimovic and just made Ashley Cole look like a mug. Ashley Cole might be a bit past it, but he’s not league one level. 

Oh Johnny, how I miss ye. 

Quite enjoyed that. Nice change to see passing along the deck. Snowflakes during the game. JR didn't move there for the weather unless he's into winter sports.

I like the look of the Seattle 2nd goal scorer Cristian Roldan. Sign him up!

Good use of VAR as well to overturn erroneous handball for penalty decision.

Half time and Russell has scored 2, won a penalty (someone else took and missed) and got 2 players sent off. This is their 8th game of the season and I believe that's the 4th penalty he's won. I expected him to do well, but he is literally taking the p*ss over there

Watch the highlights - all three goals were excellent and he didn't even score the goal of the game! 

I think Johnny has put a bit of weight on and you can see that the whole team is a bit more relaxed about that sort of thing. But the football is beautiful because these are talented players. When you take the emphasis away from speed and endurance, it re-focuses the game on skill, which Johnny has in abundance.

I sometimes think our emphasis is on the wrong things in the English game. Our players always look knackered before they even start games! 

Archived