A bit of mild weather on the way...

Parsnip

11 hours ago, Lambchop said:

...and no, we don’t acknowledge it. Since when has the history of the British Empire been taught in schools? 

We’re brought up to think we’re the good guys, the pinnacle of civilisation. 

I'm assuming that this is some kind of joke. For the last 25 years or so, our young folk have had it hammered into them relentlessly that they, due to the actions of their ancestors are personally responsible for all the ills of the world.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

I'm assuming that this is some kind of joke. For the last 25 years or so, our young folk have had it hammered into them relentlessly that they, due to the actions of their ancestors are personally responsible for all the ills of the world.

Very true, unfortunately because of the noisy minority.....

10 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Maybe, rather than insisting on defining what racism means to us as white people, we should actually be listening to what black people have to say about it. Again, from the interview:

“the dictionary definition of racism was written a very long time ago and not by a person of colour. It doesn’t allow us to have a conversation about modern-day racism. If you’re not aware of it, then make yourself aware of it. Racism isn’t just calling someone something, it’s a whole system.”

What a load of rubbish as usual. The dictionary definition is designed to reflect popular usage. The definition is what it is because that’s what most people know it to be. Dictionaries tend to be descriptive not prescriptive. So no, the evil capitalist patriarchal white man didn’t impose his will on everyone through the Oxford dictionary.

The thing she speaks of is systemic racism. This can happen to racial majorities as well as society is not as clear cut as the ‘we live in a white supremacy’ brigade make out. An intersectionalist should not need to be told that. But it’s amazing how advocates of intersectionalism abandon intersectionalism as soon as it no longer serves their agenda. We don’t want intersectionalists going too far down the rabbit hole though, as that will lead them to conclude that individualism is the way forward. And we wouldn’t want that. Let’s just stick to race, gender, sexuality etc eh? Things certain groups can exploit to their advantage.

Far left racist SJW nutters like Bergforf have decided that the definition of ‘systemic racism’ is to usurp ‘racism’. So we had two definitions for two different things, but if they get their way only one defintion will remain.  I’m sure Winston Smith can help her out with that one.

Oh, I’m sorry I forgot, we can still use a word to describe people being racist on a personal level. People who say such things are prejudiced not racist. So that’s why if I said  something racist to Bergdorf we can all be confident she would not label me as a racist. I’d simply be prejudiced. Right?

Right?

So the progressives have engineered a scenario in which ethnic minorities cant be racist. Even though it can be demonstrated they still can according to their own stupid definition. Helpful. Why would we want ethnic minorities to be treated as though they have agency anyway though? It’s important to strip them of this and treat them like children. ‘There, there little prejudiced black person. You didn’t know any better’. It’s the progressive way apparently.

Also, according to this definition of racism white South Africans can’t be racist. That’s how stupid people who say this are.

Anyway. Back to the weather. It’s come down heavy here today. It’s not exactly “the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth” though. We know what that is.

As the weather worsens could there be a possibility of games being cancelled this weekend.  The weather in this country is always unpredictable, as in its severity, the period of time the severity lasts and when in the year the worst conditions will happen. Its a good job that no major sporting leagues have a fixed winter break in this country. Imagine if the premiership had just finished a two week break with a lot of their clubs being away in the far east playing in a few friendlies and then not being able to return to the UK because all the airport are shut down.  Then when they did return, having matches postponed and facing a backlog of games that had to be squeezed in at the end of the season. Thus making a winter break a little bit futile.

4 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

I'm assuming that this is some kind of joke. For the last 25 years or so...

Dunno, after my time. 

But yeah, I can tell you’re right by all the super defensive reactions if white supremacy is called into question. At all. 

You couldn’t make it up. 

Jesus, just clicked on the last page of the thread hoping to find some lovely snowy photo's of peoples gardens and find an argument on racism.  Seriously. :huh:

6 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Dunno, after my time. 

But yeah, I can tell you’re right by all the super defensive reactions if white supremacy is called into question. At all. 

You couldn’t make it up. 

People don't like being called racist. 

If you called people racist and they didn't defend themselves would that make them less guilty?

Archived