Dad in travel Lodge bust

PistoldPete2

11 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I would’ve been when I was a young male, to be fair. 

7 hours ago, Lambchop said:

There you go then. 

I honestly don't know how different it is. Rightly or wrongly when you see stories of a 15/16 year old lad that's slept with his 26 year old female teacher the 'lad' in me does think 'lucky git, that never happened to me'.

Maybe if it had, or happened to someone I knew where I could see the affects it had I would think totally differently.

But I think you are right @Lambchop, just because I might have been grateful, doesn't make it any less a crime.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Lambchop said:

That well known champion of gender equality. 

Up to a quarter of child sex abusers are women, according to this report, but only 3 or 4 percent appear in the crime stats. One suggested reason for the discrepancy is the social attitude that young males should be grateful for the experience. 

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-28/female-paedophiles-prevalent-says-leading-forensic-psychologist/6428710

Yes male victims have to get over it and become President of France or something.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

just because I might have been grateful, doesn't make it any less a crime.

I think the issue is abuse of trust and power. You might have fancied your teacher, but that doesn’t mean that you were emotionally equipped to handle a sexual encounter with an adult. That cannot be an equal relationship, which is why it is inherently abusive, even if you think you are up for it sexually. 

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

I think the issue is abuse of trust and power. You might have fancied your teacher, but that doesn’t mean that you were emotionally equipped to handle a sexual encounter with an adult. That cannot be an equal relationship, which is why it is inherently abusive, even if you think you are up for it sexually. 

Yes you are totally right of course, I suspect had my teacher come on to me I would probably have developed feelings she was not going to reciprocate as she would no doubt be seeking someone else.

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I suspect had my teacher come on to me I would probably have developed feelings she was not going to reciprocate as she would no doubt be seeking someone else.

It happened to a male friend of mine. With hindsight he would say that he was very needy and insecure as a teenager, and his need for reassurance and approval intensified when it was connected with a sexual relationship with his teacher.

When the inevitable happened and she dropped him, he was left with a rejection and a loss of trust which took him until his second marriage in his forties to really come to terms with.

At the time he thought it was an amazing sexual experience, but he paid a heavy price for it in terms of his emotional development. 

Archived