Star Trek

Sith Happens

OK so its an acquired taste, but the new star trek discovery has been great. Normally 1st series are poor but its been excellent. 

Can't wait for the next one.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Bloody Netflix  though. 

Any idea if it’ll be shown on a TV Channel eventually?

I dont know, the Orville is on Fox which is also worth a view.

They have announced the next series of Discovery wont be until 2019 so I wouldnt be surprised to see if appear on TV at some point.

13 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

The series has been excellent, after a wobbly start.

A weird start, almost like it had 2 pilot episodes.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I want to see how they get from the super high tech of this series to the swishing doors of the enterprise.

Yeah that's true, one reason I wish they had set it post Nemesis.

Be interesting to see what the enterprise looks like inside when Series 2 starts as presume we are going to see it,

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah that's true, one reason I wish they had set it post Nemesis.

Be interesting to see what the enterprise looks like inside when Series 2 starts as presume we are going to see it,

They had a similar issue with Enterprise. How do you make it look further in the past than Star Trek tos, when we’ve already surpassed some of the technology on display there. So it has to be further advanced than today, but less advanced than tos, which is apparently 400 years in the future. Difficult one, but I like seeing what they come up with, so I’ll have to have a look at this series. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

They had a similar issue with Enterprise. How do you make it look further in the past than Star Trek tos, when we’ve already surpassed some of the technology on display there. So it has to be further advanced than today, but less advanced than tos, which is apparently 400 years in the future. Difficult one, but I like seeing what they come up with, so I’ll have to have a look at this series. 

Yep, with the films they explained it because technology moved faster because of the appearance of the Romulans from the future.

Dunno, part of me just thinks accept it, TOS is over 50 years old now so it is what it is. Even TNG is 30 years old.

They are supposed to explain it all when they 'catch up' with the TOS era, if the series doesnt get cancelled.

I am a Trek fan and used to really want more of 'what i know', more TNG, DS9 etc...but i stopped reading the books a few years ago as they were just boring me.

I have just enjoyed it for what it is.

24 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yep, with the films they explained it because technology moved faster because of the appearance of the Romulans from the future.

Dunno, part of me just thinks accept it, TOS is over 50 years old now so it is what it is. Even TNG is 30 years old.

They are supposed to explain it all when they 'catch up' with the TOS era, if the series doesnt get cancelled.

I am a Trek fan and used to really want more of 'what i know', more TNG, DS9 etc...but i stopped reading the books a few years ago as they were just boring me.

I have just enjoyed it for what it is.

Probably the best way. 

Cant believe TNG is 30 years old. I’m so old. 

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Probably the best way. 

Cant believe TNG is 30 years old. I’m so old. 

I know. To be fair it took me a fair while to even get into TNG, it was pretty rubbish to start with.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I know. To be fair it took me a fair while to even get into TNG, it was pretty rubbish to start with.

There’s a lot of upper class British officer stuff in it, whereas tos was a bit more rootin tootin. But it started getting more bad ass with the introduction of the Borg. 

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

There’s a lot of upper class British officer stuff in it, whereas tos was a bit more rootin tootin. But it started getting more bad ass with the introduction of the Borg. 

Yeah, when it got its own identity too rather than trying to emulate TOS.

Some of the casting was quite weak too, Marina Sirtis, Denise Crosby and Will Wheaton all quite poor, was better later on when Sirtis played Troi a bit more relaxed and Will Wheaton grew up/left.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah, when it got its own identity too rather than trying to emulate TOS.

Some of the casting was quite weak too, Marina Sirtis, Denise Crosby and Will Wheaton all quite poor, was better later on when Sirtis played Troi a bit more relaxed and Will Wheaton grew up/left.

Will Wheaton was, and still is, at his best when he shuts up.2iu44f7.jpg

Archived