RamsTV Meets Roy McFarland

David

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, irobinson said:

Notice that Mac always called Dave Mac. - McKay several times, not Dave or Mac.......maybe professionally close, but not that close

I thought he said Dave as well.....they were certainly close enough for Roy Mac to almost break down in tears in episode 1. 

'Dave' wasn't someone who was treated as an equal. He was always on a pedestal. He was always the leader. coming back as manager was a mistake. He wasn't held in the same regard. He was seen as an opportunist. Taking advantage of the turmoil for his own personal benefit. If Dave had told the board they were making a huge mistake and they should make up with Cloughie, that would have carried tremendous weight. It might just have swung it. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just heard Part 2..............Very moving. 

Absolutely. A great insight to Cloughie's motivational and inspirational words revealed by Roy Mac's recounting of various anecdotes which all centre around the Derby County fans, "This is a footballing town...if you play, they will turn up in their 1000's" and "your job is to make them proud when they turn up for work on Monday morning". Roy Mac could have played for anybody, was "destined" for Liverpool, signed for Derby County in the early hours of a Saturday morning, said "I've just made the biggest mistake of my life" several hours later whilst stood on the Kop at Anfield, then later said "Apart from marrying Linda, signing for Derby County was the best decision I ever made". I feel privileged to have watched Roy play, and am very proud that he wore the Derby County Ram.

• 2 months later...

Archived