What going wrong lately

B4ev6is

This is was going wrong lately we are to slow to move the ball around not like when went on that massive back to back wins. I think we need go back hit and moving while on the move. Lets get back to getting good balls for likes of vryda and nurgent to run on and attack. And same for joeroma. Now to the defance we need get back to defanding in numbers in twos and threes this is were we failed last night.

And now for attacking full backs we need get them forwards more in order to keep that high line. But also help to counter attack teams.

And now to gary rowett you for me made mistake in getting rid of chris martin we need someone to link the play. You need to take chains of the lads it is alright to be defances minded but right now you need to be more attacking minded.

Players I like to see given game time why not go nrothing to lose but will add to enegry to the team.

I would like to see luke tomson and other under 23 player that scored again forest under 23. For me these to players will add the spark we are missing right now. It is crying out for a breath of freash air.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to sounds negative, I am trying to be pragmatic. Whilst we have some great results and we arguably deserved to be where we were. We scored more than we conceded and we have had a strong defence. But I have thought we have had a lack of consistency through the game. We seem to play well one half and then seem to be a little more lazy / less in the oppositions face in the other half. But for the half we have been good, we have been able to defend the other half when not so good. 

I also wonder about the consistent 4 2 3 1 formation. Under Mac we played a 4 3 3 and did well until teams started countering that. In the last 5 games we have 6 points from a possible 15. Are teams starting to counter out 4 2 3 1? Do we need to tweak the formation slightly? Do we have the personnel to tweak the formation? 

36 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Its called a normalisation curve, we were over achieving and now our results are falling back to our standard performance levels. 

Sadly, I think you are right. I seem to recall that even during our good runs some results were little fortuitous.

Still, no reason to think we'll fall apart (again) and play-offs should be our realistic expectation whilst not giving up on auto's. 

20 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I don't want to sounds negative, I am trying to be pragmatic. Whilst we have some great results and we arguably deserved to be where we were. We scored more than we conceded and we have had a strong defence. But I have thought we have had a lack of consistency through the game. We seem to play well one half and then seem to be a little more lazy / less in the oppositions face in the other half. But for the half we have been good, we have been able to defend the other half when not so good. 

I also wonder about the consistent 4 2 3 1 formation. Under Mac we played a 4 3 3 and did well until teams started countering that. In the last 5 games we have 6 points from a possible 15. Are teams starting to counter out 4 2 3 1? Do we need to tweak the formation slightly? Do we have the personnel to tweak the formation? 

Last 2 games teams have played three at the back against us and we've struggled. Other managers will look at that. I agree re the formation, it seems too rigid for a manager who said he would treat every game on its own merit. I think given our transfer activity in Jan, the 4231 doesn't look viable at the moment because we have little strength out wide, so Vydra is the only one doing anything with any consistency, while against Norwich and Sheff Weds we were exposed down the flanks. 

For me the problem is GR does not know his best side. He talks a good style of football but struggles to back it up with his team choices. I don`t understand the comment about lack of courage when you choose a style that does not promote that. After a disappointing draw he will speak about making some "small tweaks" and then changes 6 players. Last night post match he again says "we created numerous opportunities but the refs decisions cost us again...but we only need to have a little look at it and maybe tweak a few things..." Perhaps another 6 changes will do the trick!

We had a settled defence with only Forsyth showing a bit of a wobble. Nugent and Vids were playing well together. At Brum Martin created the last goal with his flick and Russell was very good.

I always feel a bit concerned when any manager makes 3 changes at once. He has done this a couple of times .One injury and you are in trouble. It smacks of lack of understanding and desperation.

I really hope he drags us back on track and at least gets into the playoffs but i fear that too often we are completely overrun by younger , hungrier and more mobile teams and although the experienced players have up to now managed to guide us through that it is becoming unravelled.

Lets hope not but i am not sure i can face a journey home from Wembley like the last one.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We needed an added spark in January and I think Lookman would have been that spark.

We are slightly weaker as a squad, lost the running of Johnny Russell and lost Sam Winnall who scores important goals.

Yep real shame about Winnall. IMO he was ahead of Nugent, who looks like his career at this level is burning out. 

As I've said before, totally understand JR leaving for greener pastures. That doesn't mean he shouldn't have been replaced. 

Archived