Bloody Villa

MackworthRamIsGod

Gary Rowett is right when he says he cannot control what others do, who would have thought Villa would win 7 games on the trot. They hadnt won a game in 5 before this run.

If Villa had maintained a similar run of form or even improved slightly, last night's defeat would have looked less drastic. Our first defeat since November, our first defeat on the road since September, and we would still be second on equal points with Cardiff.

Villa surely cannot maintain their form and hopefully the wobble starts on Saturday against a very good Fulham side.

To be even talking about promotion this season is far better than I ever anticipated.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

To be even talking about promotion this season is far better than I ever anticipated.

Why? We've a good squad, if somewhat unbalanced in certain areas. They've shown what level they're capable of playing at, the rest is up to the manager, surely?

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I agree with this bit which is why I refuse to get too worked up about results like last nights.

After 44 points at the halfway stage, we have simply regressed to the mean a little over the last 9 games with 3 wins 5 draws and 1 defeat.

To me this season was about a rebuild under a new long-term manager, I was expecting a top half finish with perhaps a sniff at the play offs so to be where we are at the moment is fantastic to me.

Better not to be concerned with others results, we'll finish where we deserve to finish... probably 4th/5th... with as good a chance of any of winning the play offs.

If we play like we did last night even a play off place is at risk. Hopefully we will bounce back as we did after the reading game when we were just as dire

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? We've a good squad, if somewhat unbalanced in certain areas. They've shown what level they're capable of playing at, the rest is up to the manager, surely?

I’d also say is that the squad is now old, gone has the sustainability of when we get to the PL we want to have a squad capable of staying there. Its now been replaced by players with limited shelf lifes in the aim for short term gain, the expectation with this philosophy surely focused on promotion otherwise why bring the likes of Jerome, Davies and Huddleston in, and get rid of the likes of Hughes.

3 hours ago, StivePesley said:

If you look at the form in the top 10, currently Villa Fulham and Cardiff are performing more consistently than us

Below that  everyone else is in far more indifferent form than us and the gap to 7th is 9 points, so the probability of not making the play-offs is very low indeed

Can't contemplate not even scraping into 6th. Even with our flaky record, that would be surreal. 

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Villa can **** off...massive club who’ve abused ffp.

There’s no chance the league will fine Villa, they’re too famous, prince William supports them.

Whats the current state of QPR’s multimillion pound fine? All gone quiet.

On 14/02/2018 at 19:00, Abu Derby said:

No reason why we can’t go a seven match unbeaten run to take runners-up spot. 

Even Wolves best run this season was 7 league wins on the bounce. So if Villa win at Fulham, they will beat Wolves record who look like no team will catch them for top spot. The championship is an exciting unpredictable league. Expect more twists and turns yet to come. Would,nt be surprised if M'boro gate crashed into a play-off spot Cardiff, Bristol or Derby could nose dive out of the play-offs. Even Fulham's run could end in the couple of matches time. Abu could be right and we could go on a 7 match unbeaten run, but lets hope its not 7 draws.          COYR

On 14 February 2018 at 17:15, Boycie said:

There’s no chance the league will fine Villa, they’re too famous, prince William supports them.

Whats the current state of QPR’s multimillion pound fine? All gone quiet.

FFP is a load of ******** ! Ask Bournemoth if they regret pissing all over the rule book as another 200M rolls into the coffers ? !!!

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

FFP is a load of ******** ! Ask Bournemoth if they regret pissing all over the rule book as another 200M rolls into the coffers ? !!!

Well, if rules are rules, they’ll pay their little fine when they come down next season.  Like you say, it’ll hardly effect them.

Archived