Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Ledley needs to be in this one. Not sure who for, perhaps Thorne who has been doing the job, if not quite at his best. Or Huddlestone who looks tired.

Any reason why Ledley hadn't been playing? I like Huddlestone and Thorne as individuals and as a partnership but something about Ledley... When he plays, we get results. Statistically we're just a different team with him in.

Think maybe it's time to find out if it's just coincidence or if he is the magic ingredient. 

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Think Ledley needs to be in this one. Not sure who for, perhaps Thorne who has been doing the job, if not quite at his best. Or Huddlestone who looks tired.

Any reason why Ledley hadn't been playing? I like Huddlestone and Thorne as individuals and as a partnership but something about Ledley... When he plays, we get results. Statistically we're just a different team with him in.

Think maybe it's time to find out if it's just coincidence or if he is the magic ingredient. 

I can't say that I've noticed Hudds looking tired and saying Thorne is "doing a job" is perhaps a tad generous. Ledley for Thorne and either Weimann or Palmer for Lawrence in my mind. I'm not Wisdom's greatest fan but he seems to have improved so, no other changes for me. 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

my suggestion; Gary thinks good players play themselves back into form with game time?  He sees GT as a key part of our promotion push.  I think Ledley needs to start for this one though

4 hours ago, toddy said:

Its a game where we cannot afford to draw or lose - its a must win game, otherwise we could find ourselves 4 pts off Villa come Saturday night.

Win and it puts pressure on Villa and hope Preston can do a job on them.  

You cold argue EVERY GAME IS A MUST WIN GAME

or

you could say.... that theres 15 game to go... and even if we loose it doesnt make a right lot of differenence in the grand scheme of things!

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

my suggestion; Gary thinks good players play themselves back into form with game time?  He sees GT as a key part of our promotion push.  I think Ledley needs to start for this one though

I meant in terms of injury or personal reasons or something. I'm totally okay with GR running the team the way he sees fit, I was just wondering

48 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I meant in terms of injury or personal reasons or something. I'm totally okay with GR running the team the way he sees fit, I was just wondering

I think Ledley looks fit from the very limited view that I have so I am guessing that this is more about GT than Ledley

Super Scotty Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Olsson

Huddlestone   Ledley

Palmer         Vydra         Johnson

CamJam

Gary's promised a freshening up! I like the look of this team, although I wouldn't be disappointed to see Nuge back.

20 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Super Scotty Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Olsson

Huddlestone   Ledley

Palmer         Vydra         Johnson

CamJam

Gary's promised a freshening up! I like the look of this team, although I wouldn't be disappointed to see Nuge back.

I would worry about goals in that team

1 minute ago, derbydaz22 said:

I would worry about goals in that team

Johnson has the same goals + assists total as Lawrence in much less time. That's the only change I can see in that lineup someone might perceive as affecting our goals. 

I guess Jerome hasn't proven he's going to be a fountain of them but he hasn't done much wrong.

Palmer's got a decent chance of turning out to be our best winger, based on the performances of late our other wingers have put in.

I'm with the Ledley and Nuge gang for this one.

Nuge has had a recharge and will be really up for it.

Jerome can still come on after 70mins to rough them up with pace and power.

George is still a great player and will get back to full power but he is struggling at the moment and hasn't improved in the last 2 outings. Nothing wrong with a spot on the bench and coming on as sub to help close the game down.

As to the wide men I'd leave it to the gaffer but a bit of me wants to see Palmer get more than a subs appearance if the chips are down. 

Archived